Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Smith will be cut because...

Brad Smith will be cut because...

I have been attending practice recently and have come to the decision that Brad Smith has no place on this football team... IMO the jets will carry 5 WR's.... They will be 1)Coles and 1A)Cotchery as the starters... 3)Chanci Stuckey who has been very impressive in camp thus far, 4)wallace wright an absolute need on special teams and 5)marcus henry a big red zone target rounding out the receiving corp..

No way brad smith makes this team as a QB as Chad, Kellen, and either Ratliff or Ainge will be the 3 QB's... I believe that the jets will cut Ainge due to him being terrible and Ratliff's sudden emergence. Today Mangini even gave Theo Ratliff 1st team looks before Clemens!!! So NO way does brad smith make this team as a QB..

As a RB he has no shot.... TJ, Leon, Musa Smith, Jessie chapman.... enough said...

He is simply a failed experiment.... A guy who can play 3 positions terribly has no place on a quality football team...

THOUGHTS??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think if camp ended today, you might have a point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You seem to be forgetting how good he is on special teams.

Who's Theo Ratliff?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'm not a big fan of his but I'd be shocked it he were cut. Not really starting receiver material but he's a great special teams player. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Who's Theo Ratliff?
    He is a decent special teams player but not the caliber of wallace wright.... sorry Brett Ratliff... I believe Theo is a basketball player haha...

the emergence of keller as a receiver and the fact that the jets will carry 4 TE's will be another reason Brad Smith is done!

Rookie
    Brad Smith will make he team because he's one of the best Special Teams players we have. The Smith project has not worked out as planned. I was pretty excited when the Jets drafted him. My Prediction: Stuckey will be the 3rd WR, Clowney 4th, Henry 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Who's Theo Ratliff?
    Our new QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Our new QB.

LOL

I was thinking the same thing, Woody.

so??

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Brad Smith will make he team because he's one of the best Special Teams players we have. The Smith project has not worked out as planned. I was pretty excited when the Jets drafted him. My Prediction: Stuckey will be the 3rd WR, Clowney 4th, Henry 5th.
    smith will make the team as a 6th wr?? No way... wallace wright is an automatic roster spot... Brad smith is horrible as a wr... ur right about stuckey though he is by far the best wr not named coles and cotchery...

All Pro
    Well to still be a project at this point would be a failure. He has to show great strides this camp and pre-season or yes I agree with you he will be cut.

All League
    If we cut B to the Rad who's going to run our option offense?

Hall Of Fame
    Folks, read the camp reports and you'll see Smith's name come up repeatedly as the guy making great plays. He's not going anywhere.

We'll carry 6 WRs - Coles, Cotchery, Stuckey, Smith, Wright and Henry

Clowney and Raymond are the wild cards right now

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    If we cut B to the Rad who's going to run our option offense?
    did we ever fool anybody with our brad smith antics? he really is a jack of all trades master of none, and that is giving him too much credit.... he was a complete liability on offense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    did we ever fool anybody with our brad smith antics? he really is a jack of all trades master of none, and that is giving him too much credit.... he was a complete liability on offense.
    Haha, Brad Smiths in at QB, I wonder what they're going to do?
    Last edited by Jbro22; 07-30-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Banned
    I have been attending practice recently and have come to the decision that Brad Smith has no place on this football team... IMO the jets will carry 5 WR's.... They will be 1)Coles and 1A)Cotchery as the starters... 3)Chanci Stuckey who has been very impressive in camp thus far, 4)wallace wright an absolute need on special teams and 5)marcus henry a big red zone target rounding out the receiving corp..

No way brad smith makes this team as a QB as Chad, Kellen, and either Ratliff or Ainge will be the 3 QB's... I believe that the jets will cut Ainge due to him being terrible and Ratliff's sudden emergence. Today Mangini even gave Theo Ratliff 1st team looks before Clemens!!! So NO way does brad smith make this team as a QB..

As a RB he has no shot.... TJ, Leon, Musa Smith, Jessie chapman.... enough said...

He is simply a failed experiment.... A guy who can play 3 positions terribly has no place on a quality football team...

THOUGHTS??

Mangini was giving him a ton of praise today.

I like Brad Smith and think he is going to surprise. I believe in the whole 3 year thing with a WR. Especially, with a Qb convert to a WR.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    smith will make the team as a 6th wr?? No way... wallace wright is an automatic roster spot... Brad smith is horrible as a wr... ur right about stuckey though he is by far the best wr not named coles and cotchery...
    They have this thing called the practice squad...ask jetsrule128 about it

Wallace Wright - automatic?

He is a decent special teams player but not the caliber of wallace wright.... sorry Brett Ratliff... I believe Theo is a basketball player haha...

the emergence of keller as a receiver and the fact that the jets will carry 4 TE's will be another reason Brad Smith is done!
    Wallace Wright is not in the caliber of Brad Smith at ST. Brad Smith also has more physical talents then him which make hims more valuable. Like speed, size, Brad Smith will be on the team.
    IMO this should be the WRs.
    1-Coles, Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney, Smith.

THOUGHTS??
    Lay off the sauce while at camp. There's no way in hell Smith is getting cut

All Pro
    the hatred some of the posters have on here towards smith is unfortunetly not surprising

Veteran
    OK, thats fine, but where in the reports has Ainge been doing terribly?

Have I missed something? I thought he was the long term project who was dealing with a hand injury?