Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn = Our #1 Target In '09

JetsInsider.com Legend

Brady Quinn = Our #1 Target In '09

Favre is most likely out of the picture. Hate to say it but it's true.

Judging by the reports so far out of camp, Chad has been the sharper player commanding the offense while Clemens has thrown atleast 1 INT in every practice so far. I think it's safe to say that Pennington has the early advantage in the competition.

With that said, we're heading into another season with Chad as our QB. I honesty think he can be an effective stop gap for another year or two behind a revamped O-line and a potentially awesome defense. But one thing holds true.....

We have to bring in a new heir apparent next offseason.

The QB crop in the draft is fairly weak. Matt Stafford and Curtis Painter are the only prospects who even have a chance of making something of themselves in this league IMHO.

This leads me to Brady Quinn. He certainly has the makeup of a franchise QB. Good size, strong arm, good pocket presence, played in a pro style offense under Weis. His accuracy was a bit of an issue at Notre Dame but nothing too big. He's now stuck behind Derek Anderson who looks to be the future in Cleveland.

Quinn would be my #1 target after the season. If Chad is our starter this year, we have to look for a potential franchise QB. Quinn is far and away a better prospect than anything in next years draft.

If we have a solid season, and QB truly proves to be oure biggest weakness, then this is a move I would strongly consider even if it takes a 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Why '09?

Get him today!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Favre is most likely out of the picture. Hate to say it but it's true.

Judging by the reports so far out of camp, Chad has been the sharper player commanding the offense while Clemens has thrown atleast 1 INT in every practice so far. I think it's safe to say that Pennington has the early advantage in the competition.

With that said, we're heading into another season with Chad as our QB. I honesty think he can be an effective stop gap for another year or two behind a revamped O-line and a potentially awesome defense. But one thing holds true.....

We have to bring in a new heir apparent next offseason.

The QB crop in the draft is fairly weak. Matt Stafford and Curtis Painter are the only prospects who even have a chance of making something of themselves in this league IMHO.

This leads me to Brady Quinn. He certainly has the makeup of a franchise QB. Good size, strong arm, good pocket presence, played in a pro style offense under Weis. His accuracy was a bit of an issue at Notre Dame but nothing too big. He's now stuck behind Derek Anderson who looks to be the future in Cleveland.

Quinn would be my #1 target after the season. If Chad is our starter this year, we have to look for a potential franchise QB. Quinn is far and away a better prospect than anything in next years draft.

If we have a solid season, and QB truly proves to be oure biggest weakness, then this is a move I would strongly consider even if it takes a 1st round pick.

Thoughts?
    I didn't love him coming out of college, but if Clemens isn't the answe, I'd go for Quinn. Even the people who love Chad have to realise that Chad will be 33, with several major injuries, and having someone who can take over in 09 would not be a bad idea.

To be honest, I just want a good QB, and I don't care what the Jets give up to get it. A #1 with a conditional pick attached is fine by me. If Quinn became the real deal, I wouldn't care if the Jets gave up 2 #1s (second being a conditional).

Just get someone who can move the ball in a 2 minute drill. So that when we are down by 4, and have the ball with 2:30 on the clock, it's more likely we'll be up by 3 rather than down by 11 two minutes later.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Why '09?

Get him today!
    +100000000000

Hall Of Fame
    What if Cleveland releases Anderson? Would you want him?

Veteran
    I agree get Quinn and if they can get him this year even better. He looked good in the little
    playing time he got last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Right now I'd take Ken Anderson.

Hall Of Fame
    Unlike a lot of crazies around here, I'm not ready to give up on Clemens after 1 week of training camp and 7 games in the NFL as a rookie.

I was never sold on Quinn, didn't think he was 1st round material. If it turns out that the team doesn't think Clemens is going to be at least decent this season, a move for a veteran is an absolute must right away. Chad is an unacceptable option.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

they just signed him to a 3 year $26mill extension (14 mill guarenteed)...he's going nowhere...

Veteran
    One way or another if Clemens loses this battle or shows he is not anything to bank our future on, we have to give up whatever it takes to move up for Stafford or trade for Quinn. I would prefer Quinn b/c a) I prefer his style as a prospect and b) lets say we go 7-9 this year. A move up into the top 5 to get Stafford will cost our 09 1st, our '10 first and probably something else

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Unless Anderson completely bombs this year, the Browns will trade Quinn and Derek will be anointed the QB of the future in Cleveland.

JetsFan2012
    So I guess we're already in "maybe next year" mode. That sounds about right.

Veteran
    I would cry tears of joy if we made a trade for Brady Quinn

Charter JI Member
    I'd much rather groom Brady than Clemens at this point, Clemens is eh.

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think the Browns would trade him this year....I think they want to see Andersen have another solid year before they think of trading Quinn. I hope Andersen goes out and has another great year and that would make Quinn expendable. Who knows what they would be asking for...I'm sure it would take a lot to get it done...Either way I think the Jets should try like hell to get it done.

All League
    Why '09?

Get him today!
    My first thought also. He is the best hope for a QB next year with a weak QB draft class coming up.

That said, there is still no assurance that he will be a franchise QB, but his chances look better than most. We would have to pay a king's ransom in draft pick(s) for him but we must do SOMETHING, and at this point he looks like our best option.

Just out of curiosity, what would you give up for him?

Banned

Why '09?

Get him today!
    AGREED

If you want Brady Quinn why wait till 09, offer the Browns next years 1st RD Pick and we can probably acquire Brady Quinn tomorrow, and frankly I don't think its a bad idea, should be a fairly late 1 and that's a fair price for Quinn
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 07-31-2008 at 12:35 PM.

All League
    I love Revis, but I thought Quinn was the pick two drafts ago when we traded up. Especially after the jubilation that Miami picked Ginn instead of Quinn. I'd be in favor of bringing him in, and giving him #10.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    So I guess we're already in "maybe next year" mode. That sounds about right.
    Not true at all... With Chad on his last legs as a starter and Clemens looking more and more like a bum with each stupid INT, I think its reasonable to think that the Jets should pursue Quinn in 09.

What this thread made about 3 months too early? Sure... but if the QB situation remains like it is TODAY, then I will bet you that the topic reemerges either before or at the end of this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini have committed gross negligence, professional malpractice, and breach of their fiduciary duty in how they've handled the quarterback situation over 3 years.