Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: You guys are NUTS

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,160

    You guys are NUTS

    Listen, just because Clemens has had a bad week in training camp you guys are already annointing him a bust. As John Stossel says on ABC "GIVE ME A BREAK"!.
    How long did it take Anderson in Cleveland to "get it". My god! Just because Brady just busted out, how often do Qbs take years to develop.
    Steve Young SUCKED in Tampa, Vince Young STILL SUCKS (he's so up & down the guys name should be yoyo young). Look how long Garrard took before he turned the corner & these guys are playing for teams that have good offensive lines.
    Football is played under a MICROSCOPE today, a guy sneezes & it's written up in 20 papers, 1000 internet sites, & talking heads disect it for 24 hours straight. You can't just give up on a player to quickly, my god, look at Atlanta, (they friggin traded BRETT FAVRE!), talk about the most stupid trade in the NFL. Can you just imagine if it were the Jets who traded Favre.
    Hey, we live in a NY minute society, everyone wants instant gratification but we have to be patient. I have been a fan of the Jets for 40 years. I like what I'm seeing. We have a coach that plays young guys, looks under rocks for players, drafts the players we want, makes the trades he deems necessary. What more can you ask.
    I used to get sick when the Jets lost, I'd be almost depressed the next day, then I said, "wait a second", it's a friggin football game. Guys are SO down on this team they may as well choose another team to root for. Good or bad the Jets are my team & damned if I'm gonna go postal because Clemens is having a tough go of it. Give him a chance, I'm sure that's all he 's asking for. Same with Pennington, Love him or hate him he has been Jet through & through, wish him the best, don't put a stake through his heart like he's the devil. He's a good man, a good person & parent & husband. Guys that go to camp to spew venom on him, screw you, get a life. I'm gonna enjoy this team, cheer them on, wish them the best & who knows, maybe, just maybe they'll take me on a wild ride & make the playoffs. If not, Life goes on.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Your point is?

  3. #3
    first of all 40 years is long enough for me....you seem content to wait at least 41.
    and second of all why post on a Football forum with thousands of Football Fanatics and then downplay the game of football? i dont get it.
    Last edited by NYJETS3233; 07-31-2008 at 05:21 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    I had a Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich for lunch.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,666
    I take this as a good sign. Seems Mangini has a pretty good grasp on what is going on in Hempstead.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    I had a Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich for lunch.
    mild, med or hot?

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,029

    amen

    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Listen, just because Clemens has had a bad week in training camp you guys are already annointing him a bust. As John Stossel says on ABC "GIVE ME A BREAK"!.
    How long did it take Anderson in Cleveland to "get it". My god! Just because Brady just busted out, how often do Qbs take years to develop.
    Steve Young SUCKED in Tampa, Vince Young STILL SUCKS (he's so up & down the guys name should be yoyo young). Look how long Garrard took before he turned the corner & these guys are playing for teams that have good offensive lines.
    Football is played under a MICROSCOPE today, a guy sneezes & it's written up in 20 papers, 1000 internet sites, & talking heads disect it for 24 hours straight. You can't just give up on a player to quickly, my god, look at Atlanta, (they friggin traded BRETT FAVRE!), talk about the most stupid trade in the NFL. Can you just imagine if it were the Jets who traded Favre.
    Hey, we live in a NY minute society, everyone wants instant gratification but we have to be patient. I have been a fan of the Jets for 40 years. I like what I'm seeing. We have a coach that plays young guys, looks under rocks for players, drafts the players we want, makes the trades he deems necessary. What more can you ask.
    I used to get sick when the Jets lost, I'd be almost depressed the next day, then I said, "wait a second", it's a friggin football game. Guys are SO down on this team they may as well choose another team to root for. Good or bad the Jets are my team & damned if I'm gonna go postal because Clemens is having a tough go of it. Give him a chance, I'm sure that's all he 's asking for. Same with Pennington, Love him or hate him he has been Jet through & through, wish him the best, don't put a stake through his heart like he's the devil. He's a good man, a good person & parent & husband. Guys that go to camp to spew venom on him, screw you, get a life. I'm gonna enjoy this team, cheer them on, wish them the best & who knows, maybe, just maybe they'll take me on a wild ride & make the playoffs. If not, Life goes on.
    Couldn't agree more, sometimes there is venom in these comments. These guys are good guys.

    I'm not pro/anti chad or pro/anti kellen, but sometimes it sounds like people here want them to fail. I know we expect them to as jet fans, but I think on the whole we could be a lot more supportive than we are.

    we are jerks. Especially TX.


  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    mild, med or hot?
    I got it hot...

    but it was really medium...

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,160
    You know what? then cheer for another team. If your so down on them whats the point for you. Really, I don't get the self loathing around here.
    Why don't all of you pessimists head down to Hofstra & perform an old fashioned stoning. All of us yell at the TV but it seems today it goes beyond that. Some of you would be happy if Pennington was hit by a truck! You'd be posting, "now they have to get Favre". It's ridiculous this *hit! Guy like Carton down there with his Megaphone, embarassing himself. You know why Boomer was no where to be seen? Because it was stupid & childish. It was like Jim Rome when he embarassed Everett. Chad may not look the part but I'm sure he could kick Cartons *ss in a NY minute. Sports are supposed to be fun. Fans are just getting uglier.

  10. #10
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    368
    You have to imagine that most of the people on this forum are the hardcore football fans. Last time I checked football and "sweetness" aren't typically grouped together. Not to mention that the internet is an easy outlet for people to vent their anger and frustration. Nothing on this board should surprise you.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Your point is?
    there's a lot of a@@hole fans here.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    there's a lot of a@@hole fans here.
    New York fans? You dont say.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    there's a lot of a@@hole fans here.
    jet fans depressed *******s seems about right.

  14. #14
    If he has a bad TC, a poor showing in preseason, and fails to beat out an old, injury-prone, noodle-armed QB, can I call him a bust then?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us