Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Got a Tour of the new practice facility yesterday

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627

    Got a Tour of the new practice facility yesterday

    A friend of mine works for Samsung and they are doing a lot of the video work in the new Florham Park training center...so he called me yesyerday afternoon to see if I wanted to go with him and take a tour of the facility.

    We went late afternoon. There are people everywhere working on this place. From people installing computers in the offices to guys putting down the turf in the new indoor field house. There were probably a couple hundred people working yesterday afternoon.

    This place is amazing though...the indoor practice facility is huge. A full 100 yard field..and its 90 feet high so there are no restrictions to what they can do indoors anymore. They were starting to put down the field turf on the outside field as well.....and the three natural grass fields looked awesome..they are definitly ready to go now.

    All the fields are going to be "wired" for video...which means as they are filming practice sessions on any of the 5 fields..video is transmitted back to an editing room and then will be sent to any of the classrooms or coaches offices and will be ready to be watched before the players get off the practice field. Its really quite an elaborate video sysyem.

    The medical facility is going to be state of the art as well. Since Atlantic Health is the naming sponsor..the Jets will have probably the best medical facility in house of any NFL team. The guy was saying that there will be very few thing that they can not treat or diagnose right there. ( I guess thats good news for Pennington...)

    I know a lot of people dont like the fact that the Jets are moving...but this place is really going to be amazing. From the people that I was talking to..they were saying that there is going to be a couple days that they are going to let the public take a tour before they move in permanently in September.

  2. #2
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Williamstown NJ
    Posts
    248
    Sounds nice, I'm looking forward it. I think it can be used as a real good recruiting tactic.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    sounds awesome.....people that ***** about the move are being selfish imo......You can't argue that this is the best move for the NY JETS team.....much closer to the stadium and a brand new state of the art facility with everything.....not a freakin college practice field

    Are they moving in this September??

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    sounds awesome.....people that ***** about the move are being selfish imo......You can't argue that this is the best move for the NJ JETS team.....much closer to the stadium and a brand new state of the art facility with everything.....not a freakin college practice field

    Are they moving in this September??
    Fixed with a J..

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    Sounds nice, I'm looking forward it. I think it can be used as a real good recruiting tactic.
    It's already been a great recruiting tactic. The Jets took Calvin Pace there and he said it was one of the things that convinced him to come to the Jets instead of the Dolphins.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Fixed with a J..
    haha, doesnt effect me personally one bit.....I'm still rooting for the jets at the meadowlands.....nothing changed

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    Sounds nice, I'm looking forward it. I think it can be used as a real good recruiting tactic.
    Free Agent Player A: "Even though the Pats, Colts and Cowboys offered me more money and a great opportunity to get a ring, I signed with the Jets because they have a great practice facility"


  8. #8
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198
    From the photos I have been seeing, this facility is looking to be a god one. However I still cannot figure out where the fans are gong to be able to go to see training camp. By what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be much parking for fans...just enough for the players and staff. The land around the fields don't seem to have enough room for fans to gather and watch like there is at Hofstra.

    Did they give you any feeling on how that will be set up?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Free Agent Player A: "Even though the Pats, Colts and Cowboys offered me more money and a great opportunity to get a ring, I signed with the Jets because they have a great practice facility"

    Welcome to the Jets Player A

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    A friend of mine works for Samsung and they are doing a lot of the video work in the new Florham Park training center...so he called me yesyerday afternoon to see if I wanted to go with him and take a tour of the facility.

    We went late afternoon. There are people everywhere working on this place. From people installing computers in the offices to guys putting down the turf in the new indoor field house. There were probably a couple hundred people working yesterday afternoon.

    This place is amazing though...the indoor practice facility is huge. A full 100 yard field..and its 90 feet high so there are no restrictions to what they can do indoors anymore. They were starting to put down the field turf on the outside field as well.....and the three natural grass fields looked awesome..they are definitly ready to go now.

    All the fields are going to be "wired" for video...which means as they are filming practice sessions on any of the 5 fields..video is transmitted back to an editing room and then will be sent to any of the classrooms or coaches offices and will be ready to be watched before the players get off the practice field. Its really quite an elaborate video sysyem.

    The medical facility is going to be state of the art as well. Since Atlantic Health is the naming sponsor..the Jets will have probably the best medical facility in house of any NFL team. The guy was saying that there will be very few thing that they can not treat or diagnose right there. ( I guess thats good news for Pennington...)

    I know a lot of people dont like the fact that the Jets are moving...but this place is really going to be amazing. From the people that I was talking to..they were saying that there is going to be a couple days that they are going to let the public take a tour before they move in permanently in September.
    Sounds like you had a great day seeing the new place. I wish nothing but the best for the people of Floram Park and the surrounding area when it comes to matters of seeing Jets practices. I will miss Hofstra dearly............

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Free Agent Player A: "Even though the Pats, Colts and Cowboys offered me more money and a great opportunity to get a ring, I signed with the Jets because they have a great practice facility"


  12. #12
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer7 View Post
    From the photos I have been seeing, this facility is looking to be a god one. However I still cannot figure out where the fans are gong to be able to go to see training camp. By what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be much parking for fans...just enough for the players and staff. The land around the fields don't seem to have enough room for fans to gather and watch like there is at Hofstra.

    Did they give you any feeling on how that will be set up?
    Have they committed to being there for training camp or are they just going to base HQ and practices there?

    Is it possible that training camp will still be held at Hofstra? I'm sure the answer is out there already, I'm just too lazy today to go find it.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    sounds awesome.....people that ***** about the move are being selfish imo......You can't argue that this is the best move for the NY JETS team.....much closer to the stadium and a brand new state of the art facility with everything.....not a freakin college practice field

    Are they moving in this September??
    Talking to the people who were there..they all think that everything will be a go by September. Since most everything is going to be new...they wont have to move everything in and have any down time. They will simply be able to just show up and start practicing. The biggest thing is the housing situation...most players who have not purchased or closed on their homes by the start of season will be put up in nearby hotels. Every little deatil will not be done by the start of the season...but enough to be able to move in.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    this WILL be a big deal to free agents, but not just because of the "stuff"

    the jets lifestyle used to be pretty crappy. players lived on LI, but had to stay in a hotel in NJ the night before HOME games to avoid getting caught in traffic coming out from LI

    now they can stay home the night before a game

    if you don't think that's an improvement, you're a dumb chowd

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post

    players lived on LI, but had to stay in a hotel in NJ the night before HOME games to avoid getting caught in traffic coming out from LI

    now they can stay home the night before a game
    Dude, every team in the NFL stays in a hotel the night before a game.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,187
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Dude, every team in the NFL stays in a hotel the night before a game.

    True, but not a 2 hour trip home after a home game

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer7 View Post
    From the photos I have been seeing, this facility is looking to be a god one. However I still cannot figure out where the fans are gong to be able to go to see training camp. By what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be much parking for fans...just enough for the players and staff. The land around the fields don't seem to have enough room for fans to gather and watch like there is at Hofstra.

    Did they give you any feeling on how that will be set up?
    There is enough parking there to host training camp. You have to walk a little but its not bad at all. As far as being able to see training camp...my guess is they will probably not use all 4 outdoor fields for training camp...that will give them more than enough room to set up bleachers.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    True, but not a 2 hour trip home after a home game
    Are we seriously feeling bad about their less than once a week 2 hour commute? ... A commute that many fans make and pay for to see them?
    I'm sorry, with all the money they are making it's really hard to feel sorry about inconveniencing the millionaires.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,843
    Thanks for the post, very cool stuff.

    Did you see the NSA counter-intelligence guys firewalling the cameras/cpus from the Pats?

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Tampa Bay moved into a new state of the art practice facility last year and I remember reading that a lot of the players and coaches credited that with their improved record and playoff berth in 07 (from 4-12 in 06 to 9-7 last year). Players ended up spending a lot more time lifting/conditioning and watching game tape. Whether you're in favor of the new stadium or not, the new practice facility is a great thing for the Jets franchise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us