Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Bermuda Cruise

JetsInsider.com Legend

OT: Bermuda Cruise

Got talked into it by the wife.

Leaving Sat. on Royal Caribbean

Never been on a cruise, nor have I been to Bermuda.

Any tips/do's/donts

(I already got the "drink heavily" part down, lol)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Got talked into it by the wife.

Leaving Sat. on Royal Caribbean

Never been on a cruise, nor have I been to Bermuda.

Any tips/do's/donts

(I already got the "drink heavily" part down, lol)
    I love Bermuda been there 14 times..Pubs are great..My favorite Beach is Horseshoe Beach..If your docked in Hamilton make sure you take some scooters to St George and check out a replica of the Ship that discovered Bermuda..The walk under the sea is Fun and if you like Golf they have some great courses..Oh if you do rent a scooter the speed limit is 20 and they drive on the left side of the road..

Hall Of Fame
    If you dive, the dive sites should be excellent. I had some of my best dives in that area.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    If you dive, the dive sites should be excellent. I had some of my best dives in that area.
    However if you recover anything of Value it goes to the Government..

Hall Of Fame
    Cruises are great, no advice about Bermuda as I've never been there but it looks like other posters have covered that for you.

My cruise Advice? Don't feel obligated to do all that is available to you, there is tons to do so just take in what sounds really interesting and just relax for the rest of the time.

All League
    Sunscreen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I love Bermuda been there 14 times..Pubs are great..My favorite Beach is Horseshoe Beach..If your docked in Hamilton make sure you take some scooters to St George and check out a replica of the Ship that discovered Bermuda..The walk under the sea is Fun and if you like Golf they have some great courses..Oh if you do rent a scooter the speed limit is 20 and they drive on the left side of the road..
    Because of the size of the ship, we're docking in Kings wharf, but apparently we can bus it to the spots you mention, thanks!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Not a diver, but the snorkeling looks cool too.

My wifes a fraidy cat so we'll be doing the less adventurous things

Hey the sonogram pic is beautiful! Nothing like the first time really staring at that image and realizing that this 'lil visitor is coming soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey the sonogram pic is beautiful! Nothing like the first time really staring at that image and realizing that this 'lil visitor is coming soon.
    Thanks. It was an amazing moment, I can't even imagine what it will feel like when the sucker will be in my hands for the first time.

I've done this cruise but on Carnival.

Bermuda is very expensive so be aware of that when venturing out. I think your ship is in port for a few days. You are much better off eating your meals on board as you have 24 hour access to the ship and you've already paid for that.

The weather is great this time of the year.

My turn for a cruise in two weeks. My wife and I are sailing to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hall Of Fame
    I know you've got the 'get silly drunk' thing down, but you have to have some Cuban rum if you can.

With the embargo on Cuban goods you guys miss out on the good stuff.

All League
    BE CAREFUL

I'm sure someone else on the island will tell you how many people are injured on scooters. I think it's the #1 thing to be mindful of......Tons of tourists who've never ridden a scooter before and never driven on the 'wrong side of the road' before are now suddenly riding scooters in Bermuda. Swarms of them. The cliche 'watch out for the OTHER guy' has alot of meaning in this situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great link, thanks!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Aten View Post
    Sunscreen.
    It occurs to me that this may have come off as some sort of wiseass reference to the sunscreen song from The Big Kahuna. To clarify, it isn't. The biggest ripoffs down there are water and sunscreen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It occurs to me that this may have come off as some sort of wiseass reference to the sunscreen song from The Big Kahuna. To clarify, it isn't. The biggest ripoffs down there are water and sunscreen.
    Lol, actually that did get caught my "wiseass" filter.....

I let it go since I deserve it so often.

Good tip, we're fair folk, descendent's of bog-trotters.

All League
    Lol, actually that did get caught my "wiseass" filter.....

I let it go since I deserve it so often.

Good tip, we're fair folk, descendent's of bog-trotters.
    And don't put it in the carry-on. Been burned (god, that's awful) on that before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Since their leaving from NY they probley would have some since they will get plenty of Sun on deck by the pool..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And don't put it in the carry-on. Been burned (god, that's awful) on that before.
    They confiscated it boarding the ship? I know the airport TSA's grab stuff like that...

All League
    Because of the size of the ship, we're docking in Kings wharf, but apparently we can bus it to the spots you mention, thanks!

Find the Rum Cake factory at the shops near the Warf. Those things will make you drunk.

Also, rent a scooter instead. You can circle the entire place in an hour or two. Head for Southhampton for the best beaches.