Thread: What the Fish Fans are saying about signing Pennington

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

What the Fish Fans are saying about signing Pennington

LOL, I know this will get some reaction

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...5&postcount=47

FinFanAlex
    Scout Team

Thank god that the freaking Jets got old Brett Farve lol and now because of that the Dolphins got a pretty good young qb who could be that franchise qb. But the fins must still improve their defense and wr's to be considered a true playoff contender.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...3&postcount=14

Cash In Fist

WOOT!! 10+ wins just became possible!

Banned
    Those guys are super excited about him. I guess they only got to see him play when the Jets played the Dolphags.

All Pro

Exclamation You Will Not Believe What Dolphin Fans are saying about Chad...

Can the Dolphin fans be any more delusional and phony? These are the same fans that trashed Pennington as a starting QB. Now take a look at what they are saying about him. You can't make this up.....(p.s.-check out post #14)

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/m...ns-224920.html

Hall Of Fame
    They were saying I can't wait to get those pick 6s off of him a couple days ago.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Those guys are super excited about him. I guess they only got to see him play when the Jets played the Dolphags.
    DAYUM, that didn't take long.

All Pro
    What a bunch of *******s.

10+ wins just became possible!
    Who'd they sign? Brett Favre?

Veteran
    They signed a class guy, who will listen to his coaches and be a good team player. They upgraded their team dramatically with him and sad that he ended up there.

Glad to see Favre here, but still Chad runs a running team first, pretty well. So good for all of them, and ecstatic for us!

All Pro
    Even Dolphins fans know this:

Sweet. I hope its true, but its hard to believe anything PFT reports.

Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    I dont even think he usually played that well against Miami. The Jets always won, but Chad was pretty non descript in those games except that one blowout on Monday night in 2004. Even then we barely threw the ball but he had something like 3 or 4 TDs. That said, even with all his limitations he is the best QB Miami has had in a long long time, which really says something about how bad Miami has been post Marino.

Banned
    It's funny how when Chad was the QB for the Jets it was "Chad's not an NFL caliber QB, he sucks, he's got a noodle arm..." now that he is their new QB he is "a franchise caliber QB and going to deliver 10+ wins?"

Ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    " There defense an O-line where horrible, horrible. Thomas Jones sucked, and Pennington was playing on a bad ankle."

uh-oh, penningtology is going global

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'd say adding Chad gives the fins another 3-4 wins. He's a damn stretch better QB than they had, he's always been very good at managing games, and he's been looking good in camp. Despite his classy comments about not caring about making any points, the guy will be hyper-motivated to show he's worthy of the trade and still a good NFL QB.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    " There defense an O-line where horrible, horrible. Thomas Jones sucked, and Pennington was playing on a bad ankle."

uh-oh, penningtology is going global
    Wow, that is pathetic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I'd say adding Chad gives the fins another 3-4 wins. He's a damn stretch better QB than they had, he's always been very good at managing games, and he's been looking good in camp. Despite his classy comments about not caring about making any points, the guy will be hyper-motivated to show he's worthy of the trade and still a good NFL QB.
    In a way, the situation is similar to us with Farve. Farve is better than any QB that was on our roster. Pennington is better than any QB on the Dolphins' roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    I dont even think he usually played that well against Miami. The Jets always won, but Chad was pretty non descript in those games except that one blowout on Monday night in 2004. Even then we barely threw the ball but he had something like 3 or 4 TDs. That said, even with all his limitations he is the best QB Miami has had in a long long time, which really says something about how bad Miami has been post Marino.
    Prediciton: Chad and Miami are 8-8 this year (give or take a game or two)

CPF = MartyBall and MartyBall is proven to beat the dregs of the league..

Banned

Veteran
    I'm calling it now, Miller gets his first career INT week one off Chadwick and takes it for 6.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    that only lets us see a single post. can you link the thread ?

Veteran
    click on the top right link after you open sar's link and it takes you to it

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Prediciton: Chad and Miami are 8-8 this year (give or take a game or two)

CPF = MartyBall and MartyBall is proven to beat the dregs of the league..
    That would be some feat if Miami was 8-8. I never want to discount Parcells as he did wonders for the Jets and Cowboys his first year there, but he isnt the coach and Miami just seems so bad. I dont think they have more than 5 or 6 winnable games this year.