Thread: Si : Peter King > MONDAY MORNING QB - Quote of the Week I , II & III ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Arrow Si : Peter King > MONDAY MORNING QB - Quote of the Week I , II & III ~ ~ ~

Quote of the Week I

"I hope at the end of the season, I really do, that I feel like I made the right decision. I hope the Jets fans and the people throughout the NFL world feel like I made the right decision. I'm not going to make any guarantees. All I can say is I'll do my best, and hopefully that's enough.''
    --Brett Favre, after his first practice with the Jets -- in front of 10,500, some of whom arrived before dawn -- Saturday afternoon on Long Island

Quote of the Week II

"I've always felt in any offense or defense throughout the NFL there's way too much volume in a playbook. Coaches have way too much free time.''
    --Favre, on the encyclopedic playbooks in the NFL today, including the one he has to learn with the Jets

Quote of the Week III

"I don't have hard feelings. The great thing about being a fan is you can have an opinion and you can express your opinion. I'm glad we live in a country where we're allowed to express our opinion and say what we feel is on our mind. A lot of people don't have that freedom and don't have that opportunity. I don't have any regrets. I don't have hard feelings toward anyone. It's a game. Sometimes we forget that, but it's a game. It's a game a lot of us played as kids and enjoyed so much that sometimes the business side of the game ruins that. I've always tried to keep that first and foremost.''
    --Classy former Jet quarterback Chad Pennington, after being fired so the Jets could bring in Favre to be their quarterback this year

> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../10/ufl/1.html

Hall Of Fame
    " . . . "I don't have hard feelings. The great thing about being a fan is you can have an opinion and you can express your opinion. I'm glad we live in a country where we're allowed to express our opinion and say what we feel is on our mind. A lot of people don't have that freedom and don't have that opportunity. I don't have any regrets. I don't have hard feelings toward anyone. It's a game. Sometimes we forget that, but it's a game. It's a game a lot of us played as kids and enjoyed so much that sometimes the business side of the game ruins that. I've always tried to keep that first and foremost.''
    --Classy former Jet quarterback Chad Pennington, after being fired so the Jets could bring in Favre to be their quarterback this year "
    agreed. chad is a 1st class/stand-up person. for sure.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Classy (but s--tty) former Jets QB Chad Pennington

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Classy (but s--tty) former Jets QB Chad Pennington
    now , now . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    things i think Peter King thinks: he's scared of 4

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    things i think Peter King thinks: he's scared of 4
    . . . and 5 & 6 ~ ~

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    . . . and 5 & 6 ~ ~
    and 7 b/c it 8, 9.

Haha...sorry could not resist.

Banned
    Every time you see the word "classy" attributed to an athlete, it's code for "never won anything".

Ta-ta, Chad.

SAR I