Thread: Which WR will develop the most under Favre?

Practice Squad

Which WR will develop the most under Favre?

Personally i am still a Brad Smith Fan. He may be just what Farve needs as far as a big WR who can run in the open field. He may have had an up and down camp, but no way do I think they will part ways with this guy. I see him in a 3 WR packages doing more than just trick plays. Once Favre and the recievers get in sync, it is going to be scary. Then we may truly realize the potential of the WRs we have on this team. Some of Favre's all time targets like Brooks, Freeman, and even Driver, were all WRs who developed under Favre.

Clowney is may be a circus act, but I am waiting to see what he does in the regular season.

Cotchery obviously has a good to chance to become something special with Brett on Board. Cotchery is a possesion WR who can get downfield. He can get open. Maybe Brett takes his career over the top.

Coles- Lets just say that he is pretty talented and cant be defined by any QB as he has played with many in his career. I think he has already peaked.

Stuckey- He is like another Cotchery, just shorter. A lot of explosion here, but not really a high ceiling. He can be a playmaker if you like what Peter Warrick brings you.

Wallace Wright- Wright has some playmaking skills, but lets face it. He hasnt flashed anything special as a WR since he was brought here. I doubt that Favre will be able to change that. Special Teams is his ticket.

And finally Henry who is a rookie. We dont know what he will truly bring to the table until he is able to absorb the playbook, and gets is reps on the scouting team. He needs more reps against the starting defense to find his way. Once he gets out of that caccoon, Favre may be gone.

All League
    To be honest with you every WR on this roster will be looked at differently with
    Favre at QB. The popular thought on the Jets WR's is they are "possession
    receivers". But as usual the experts that said that never took into account that the
    Jets had a "possession QB" who couldn't keep a defense honest. Every WR on our
    roster can redefine his career with Favre, if you can run and have good hands they'll
    be looked at as a "playmaker"

Practice Squad
    Cotchery all night long. He will push 100 catches this year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    Cotchery all night long. He will push 100 catches this year.
    I'm with that, Cotch can have a huge year. I really wanted him in fantasy, but waited too long. He went earlier then I thought he would. Then again most of my league is Jets fans.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Keller.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Keller.
    That would be nice, he was my last pick this year.

Banned
    I like Brad Smith as well.

I have been saying for awhile I expect a breakout year for him. I have been hearing his name in TC reports, but didnt see him in action against the Browns.

I hope to see him this week against the Skins.

The guy Im most interested in watching is Cotchery. I think he could erupt with Favre for a monster year. I think the other guys pretty much wont get any better or worse.

All Pro
    Cotchery. This will be his third year as a starter, and he's beginning to reach his prime. The potential to be a game changing playmaker is there...let's see if Favre has the ability to unleash that potential.

All Pro
    Keller is going to have a big year. Favre loves throwing to his TEs. Chumura, Bubba and even Donald Lee were all successful while #4 was throwing to them.

Keller is more athletic and dangerous than any of those TEs, and if he and Favre develop a chemistry, Keller could be special.

As far as a WR goes, I think Cotchery will have similar numbers to what Driver has produced with Favre over the past few years. Although, he's already been pretty productive. He'll find his way into the endzone a few more times with Brett throwing the rock.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 08-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.

I think the key word in the OP is "develop". Coles and Cotch are already great WR's.

I have a gut feeling Keller is going to have a freakishly good rookie year. He's lighter and faster than your typical TE, but he's bigger/stronger than your average wideout.