Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry is available

Rookie

Chris Henry is available

i know know, he's not a "mangini player" but i honestly wish the jets were one of the teams talking to him. talent wise he's top 5 active WRs. everyone deserves a second chance (or fourth).

http://mvn.com/nfl-bengals/2008/08/1...k-chris-henry/

Bengals Talking About Bringing Back Chris Henry???
    By Chris Maier | August 12th, 2008

For Bengals fans without NFL Network visit the link of Adam Schefter reporting the Bengals are having discussions about bringing back Chris Henry. You have got to be kidding me. With all the talk of moving forward and putting the off the field issues behind us not to mention Marvin Lewis’ public comments, I do not see how the team could bring Henry back without being complete hypocrites and selling their souls to the devil. Memo to Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown: “You made the right decision letting Henry and Thurman go. We need to cut down on the knucklehead factor”. As for the rookies struggling thus far that is to be expected and if you want them to improve get TJ and Carson to take them under their wing and show them how to do it (I’d include Chad but know that is asking for too much). A few game and practice reps with the first team might accelerate the process (esp. with Housh sitting out). Caldwell and Simpson have talent, you just have to give them a chance.

ESPN.com’s James Walker writes today that Bengals receiver Chris Henry is interested in returning to Cincinnati as his agent Marvin Frazier said “We have interest in several teams, including Cincinnati,”. Frazier goes on to say the Bengals may have interest in Henry (”preliminary”). We can only hope preliminary means the Bengals front office answered the phone and said “thanks but no thanks” or “good luck in your future endeavors”. The scary part is the Bengals released a statement that said neither of those things.

“Chris is presently under NFL suspension, and until such time as he may be reinstated, we are not in position to comment,” the team said. “Even in the event he is reinstated, he is no longer our player, and rarely if ever do we comment on any player who is not under contract with us.” (ESPN.com)

This one is a no brainer, no need to wait for him to be re-instated. The Bengals finally decided to cut the cord with his most recent arrest and don’t need to be linked to him any longer. Along with Odell Thurman, Henry been the poster child for the Bengals off-field problems. After cutting both this off-season, it is time to wish them good luck and move on. There is nothing wrong with the team coming out and saying that. After spending 2nd and 3rd round picks on Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell (not to mention Urrutia and the 3 undrafted free agents) we have the talent to fill the position. Even if Chad were to hold out, I still wouldn’t want Chris Henry. It is time to let someone else take a change on him. Don’t be surprised if he’s in a Cowboys uniform which would give them Pac Man, Tank Johnson and Henry - the Three Amigos behind the league’s personal conduct policy.
    Last edited by greenbacker; 08-13-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Henry would be great with Favre. I can only imagine how they would stretch the field. Henry when and if he plays can be an elite WR. That being said the guys is a total MORON!!! He has ruined his career numerous times and just does not get it.
    I dont know why but the guy is one big waste of talent. Forget him let him hang around the streets and gangbang.

Hall Of Fame
    Can you imagine the trouble he could get into in New York? No thanks!

Veteran
    late pass and glasses....

i give henry to the Jets a big, NO

All Pro
    Just because someone has talent and is available does not mean we should pick him. By all accounts this tool is a zero. Let him go tp Oakland or better yet, resign with the Bengals.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Henry would be great with Favre. I can only imagine how they would stretch the field. Henry when and if he plays can be an elite WR. That being said the guys is a total MORON!!! He has ruined his career numerous times and just does not get it.
    I dont know why but the guy is one big waste of talent. Forget him let him hang around the streets and gangbang.
    If you really look at his rap sheet it's not that bad. it's LONG but it's not that bad. he's no gangbanger. most of these charges were either untrue, or something any redblooded american college kid could be guilty of (outside of the gun possesion). is it not possible he's finally grown up?

from Wikipedia:

Prior legal troubles

Since his college days at West Virginia University, Chris Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. He also had several on-field incidents. During his redshirt sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh.

December 15, 2005: Henry was pulled over in Northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.

January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[21] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.

May 4, 2006: Cincinnati media reported that Henry was being investigated by Covington, Kentucky police in connection with a sex crime which allegedly occurred in a Covington hotel room in the early morning of April 30, 2006. No charges have yet been filed, and on May 24, 2006, Covington police reported that there is no proof anything happened and that the alleged victim might have concocted the story and may face charges for filing a false police report.

June 3, 2006: Chris Henry was pulled over outside on Interstate 275 at 1:18 a.m by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko. At 2:06 a.m. Henry voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[22] However, the charges were dismissed due to the breathalyzer machine used to test Henry at the scene was faulty.[23]

September 25, 2006: Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was pulled over for driving under the influence. The truck Thurman was driving belonged to rookie quarterback/receiver Reggie McNeal. Neither McNeal nor Henry, who were passengers, were charged with any wrongdoing by authorities. However, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis suspended Henry for the Bengals game against the New England Patriots.

October 6, 2006: Henry was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[24]

January 25, 2007: Henry plead guilty to charges of providing alcohol to minors, an incident that occurred at a hotel in the spring in 2006. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[25]

April 10, 2007: Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[17] His suspension comes with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[26] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

May 18, 2007: It was reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer that Henry allegedly failed a court-mandated drug test. The report showed that he had taken an opiate, but the result was later proven to be false. The failed drug test would have been the third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. A third violation, per league rules, results in a one-year suspension. In addition to having his suspension increased to 24 games, he would have had to serve an 88 day jail sentence.[27] As of May 23, 2007, the State of Kentucky has reported that Henry in fact did NOT fail a drug test, and that earlier reports to the contrary are erroneous.

June 12, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a 16-year-old boy with teammate Reggie McNeal. The claims were later reported to be unfounded[28] and Henry and McNeal have been exonerated.

November 6, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee.[29]

December 3, 2007: Henry arrested for the second time in Orlando, Florida for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008 he was found not guilty. On February 26, 2008, a motion to terminate probation in Orange County, Florida was denied.

All Pro
    The guy has tremendous ability, and I do think he's going to get his head on straight at some point, I just don't know when that might be. I'll have to pass on him.

I was for the Jets going after Pacman because I do think he's done with the BS. His problems were a result of the idiots he surrounded himself with, but with Henry, he seems to be the idiot. That's not something I'd like to take a chance on.

Veteran
    Pass... this guy has proven he's not an NFL caliber person. No one's perfect and everyone makes mistakes and should be forgiven. But, come on, this guy is a menace and doesn't respect the fact that he was in the NFL.

bandwagon
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbacker View Post
    January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[21] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.
    Well... he does have team spirit.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Well... he does have team spirit.

Charter JI Member
    Farve to Cotch, Coles, and Keller sounds good to me...maybe throw a Clowney in there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Farve to Cotch, Coles, and Keller sounds good to me...maybe throw a Clowney in there.
    Some Stuckey too, please

Rookie
    we have a solid group of receivers. i'm a huge coles fan - own his jersey - but Henry is better. and Clowney has some upside but he's not even in the conversation yet being a rookie.

All League
    I'll pass on him, he blew way too many chances. Doesn't deserve another one.

Rookie
    "humble" "thankful" and "broke". i'm telling you this kid will turn it around for the team that gives him a chance and we will have missed a huge opportunity. he's only 25. i can forgive him.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...9lmsAD91TSFIO0

Assault charge against WR Chris Henry dropped
    By TERRY KINNEY Jul 14, 2008

CINCINNATI (AP) Prosecutors dropped an assault charge against former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry on Monday, clearing the way for him to apply for reinstatement by the National Football League.

Henry's lawyer, Perry Ancona, said Henry planned to apply immediately.

"All we could say is this would be reviewed at the appropriate time, and all factors would be considered," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

The 25-year-old Henry was accused of punching an 18-year-old University of Cincinnati student in March and of breaking his car window with a beer bottle. An earlier trial ended when a jury could not reach a verdict on the assault charge, and the judge dismissed a misdemeanor charge of criminal damaging.

On Monday, prosecutors dropped the assault charge after Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Richard Bernat ruled against them on several motions just before the retrial was to begin.

"He was humble and very thankful," Ancona said of Henry.

The Bengals cut Henry after his April arrest, his fifth since joining the team in 2005. He has not been signed by any other team.

He was suspended by the NFL for eight games last year. When he returned for the second half of the season, he caught 21 passes for 343 yards and two touchdowns.

Henry had nine touchdown catches in 13 games in 2006, when he was suspended by the league for two games and benched for another by coach Marvin Lewis because of misconduct.

Henry's legal problems include arrests for possession of marijuana in northern Kentucky, carrying a concealed weapon in Florida, drunken driving in Ohio and providing alcohol to minors in northern Kentucky.

Ancona has said that Henry has no money. His $360,000 house in suburban Florence, Ky., house was auctioned in May when he failed to pay the mortgage. Henry's SUV was repossessed last month during his first trial.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jets fans are so delusional.

Like Crotchery, Coles and Keller are all better than Chris Henry.

Henry would immediately become your #1 WR. As it stands right now, all you have is junior varsity players.

How has going with JV players worked out for you guys for the last 40 years?

For those of you who are missing him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbacker View Post
    we have a solid group of receivers. i'm a huge coles fan - own his jersey - but Henry is better. and Clowney has some upside but he's not even in the conversation yet being a rookie.
    what has Henry ever done to make him better than Coles? what has he ever done to be considered an elite WR?? the guy has great physical talent -- he's big, fast, deep threat, etc. that's undeniable.

but it's also undeniable that he's a Grade-A moron. arrested five times in 3 years. 1 failed drug test away from being banned for the year. completely broke after just 3 years in the league... let him be someone else's reclamation project. i much rather stick with the guys we have.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Word is Henry wants to play for the Fins.

What an idiot. He gets arrested 80 times in effing Cincinatti, and he thinks Miami is the smart place to go now?

Brilliant.