Thread: Brad Smith

Brad Smith

I know a lot of guys are down on him BUT, lets look at the situation here. Smith a former QB who turned into a WR in Two years had 32 catches. I really believe this kid will have a breakout year next year.

Practice Squad
    I LIKE THIS KID AND I ENVISION HIM THROWING A TOUCHDOWN THIS YEAR OFF THE END ROUND

the problem with brad smith is that he is pretty much a jag. he does well on special teams and i'm sure he is fairly decent in practices. however, he's probably never going to be more than just a very back up receiver. his value now is that he is still cheap.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... why was the 1st thought that went through my head after reading this topic of "Brad Smith"

... back in school when a kid would say a teachers name to ask him a question & then several of us (in a totally immature response) would yell out $uck$ !!! ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Our offense will be in BIG trouble this year if we are counting on a converted QB with 4.6 speed to contribute heavily.

I just don't see Smith ever developing into a reliable WR.

All League
    he has looked good in practice making some grabs. i don't know if this is something you can develop, great hands, some guys seem to have them (baker) so hopefully he keeps working and his ability to catch the football improves

Banned
    I agree. I think Brad will have a great year. His progression from Rookie senior to his sophomore campaign was impressive. You would never know it reading the board because he didnt catch 70 balls for 900 yrds and 8 TD's.

However, he significantly increased his production and though he had some drops he also had some great grabs. A lot of his receptions were for 1st down as well.

I think he has a solid year. Increasing his production again and becoming a viable option in the passing game. It sounds like him and Favre have been developing a rapport as well.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    I agree. I think Brad will have a great year. His progression from Rookie senior to his sophomore campaign was impressive. You would never know it reading the board because he didnt catch 70 balls for 900 yrds and 8 TD's.

However, he significantly increased his production and though he had some drops he also had some great grabs. A lot of his receptions were for 1st down as well.

I think he has a solid year. Increasing his production again and becoming a viable option in the passing game. It sounds like him and Favre have been developing a rapport as well.
    He also excels in YAC. Once the ball is in his hands that's when he really shines.