Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~ ~ ~ WFAN show from Lake Como, New Jersey : Friday - Aug. 22nd from 1-6:30pm ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Arrow ~ ~ ~ WFAN show from Lake Como, New Jersey : Friday - Aug. 22nd from 1-6:30pm ~ ~ ~

Francesa on the FAN: It’s WFAN’s “Summer Bash at Bar “A” this Friday, August 22nd from 1-6:30pm.
    Mike Francesa broadcasts live from Bar “A” in Lake Como, New Jersey joined by special musical guests
    “Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes”.

If you’re in the area join us in person. Admission is free. Every hour on the radio and on-site we’ll be giving away Yankees-Red Sox tickets for the upcoming series at Yankee Stadium. WFAN’s Jon Heyman and other guests will join Mike throughout the program.

> http://www.wfan.com/

~ ~ ~ Directions to the Jersey Shore's Best Nightclub & Bar
    BAR ANTICIPATION
    703-5 16th Ave. Lake Como (formerly South Belmar),
    New Jersey 07719 (732) 681-7422

From the North or South Garden State Parkway or the Southern Jersey Shore. Take the Garden State Parkway to exit 98 and follow the signs for Rt. 138 east. Take Rt. 138 (3-4 miles) to the sign for rt. 35 North, "Belmar". Bear to the left and take the off ramp. At the end of the ramp, you will approach a traffic light. At that light, make a right hand turn onto 16th avenue. Travel up 16th avenue through one traffic light and over railroad tracks. Bar Anticipation is on the right hand side just past the tracks.

From the Philadelphia area, West or South West New Jersey. Take NJ Turnpike North to exit 7a, "Shore Points". After the toll plaza take rt. 195 east. Travel down 195 east for 30 to 35 minutes or until you see the sign for rt. 35 North, "Belmar". Bear to the left and take the off ramp. At the end of the ramp, you will approach a traffic light. At that light, make a right hand turn onto 16th avenue. Travel up 16th avenue through one traffic light and over railroad tracks. Bar Anticipation is on the right hand side just past the tracks.

From the New Brunswick area. Take rt. 18 south to the end. Stay to the left and follow the signs for rt. 138 east. Take Rt. 138 east (1-2 miles) until you see the sign for rt. 35 North, "Belmar". Bear to the left and take the off ramp. At the end of the ramp, you will approach a traffic light. At that light, make a right hand turn onto 16th avenue. Travel up 16th avenue through one traffic light and over railroad tracks. Bar Anticipation is on the right hand side just past the tracks.

From New York and the North East. Take the NJ Turnpike South to exit 11 "Garden State Parkway South". Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 98 and follow the signs for Rt. 138 east. Take Rt. 138 (3-4 miles) to the sign for rt. 35 North, "Belmar". Bear to the left and take the off ramp. At the end of the ramp, you will approach a traffic light. At that light, make a right hand turn onto 16th avenue. Travel up 16th avenue through one traffic light and over railroad tracks. Bar Anticipation is on the right hand side just past the tracks.

From Up State New York and North West. Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 98 and follow the signs for Rt. 138 east. Take Rt. 138 (3-4 miles) to the sign for rt. 35 North, "Belmar". Bear to the left and take the off ramp. At the end of the ramp, you will approach a traffic light. At that light, make a right hand turn onto 16th avenue. Travel up 16th avenue through one traffic light and over railroad tracks. Bar Anticipation is on the right hand side just past the tracks.

> http://www.wfan.com/Directions-to-Bar-A/2805179

Hall Of Fame
    ok ,
    anyone goin' ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    ok ,
    anyone goin' ? ?
    I'm going to Spring Lake for Labor Day weekend, so can't make it this weekend.

I'm going with the GF, if you see us, don't be hitting on her.

All League
    we’ll be giving away Yankees-Red Sox tickets for the upcoming series at Yankee Stadium.
    Wow it's getting bad for the Yankees quick.

All League
    ok ,
    anyone goin' ? ?
    you will be there right?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    you will be there right?
    yup . . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

I'm going with the GF, if you see us, don't be hitting on her.
    LOL

Kellen wouldn't do that, he's in Schvaargenwieden posing in the shower.

Hey, is that stupid pond in SPring lake still devoid of fish?

I had my sopne fishing there a few years back until a local told me they brought in prisoners to clean up the "fish-kill".

Good times.

All League
    I live about 30 minutes from Bar A and I find out about this from a poster (alleged to be) in Denmark???

I won't go to Belmar anyway because the mayor said there are guidos there.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    LOL

Kellen wouldn't do that, he's in Schvaargenwieden posing in the shower.

Hey, is that stupid pond in SPring lake still devoid of fish?

I had my sopne fishing there a few years back until a local told me they brought in prisoners to clean up the "fish-kill".

Good times.
    I still can't believe they renamed the town Lake Como.

Hey yokels, you're in JERSEY, NOT ITALY!!

My kids laugh at that one, having been to the real Lake Como.

Ps: Love that some of us are still keeping the sopne massacre alive.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I live about 30 minutes from Bar A and I find out about this from a poster (alleged to be) in Denmark???

Don`t worry us MIC`s have got you covered at BA in fact there is a fine IRISH Club about 3 doors down from B A ....The friendly Sons of the Shillelagh of the jersey shore. And yes I will be there at B A

Hall Of Fame

here ya go > http://www.wfan.com/

cheers ~ ~ ~. .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    yup . . . .
    Wow Kenny. You must be loaded. All those plane trips from Sweden to the States. I'm envious.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Don`t worry us MIC`s have got you covered at BA in fact there is a fine IRISH Club about 3 doors down from B A ....The friendly Sons of the Shillelagh of the jersey shore. And yes I will be there at B A
    I have been there. What a great Irish bar!

A guy who works with me, tends bar there and he sold me a raffle ticket that won me a $3000 check. I went in there to collect, bought a round for the bar and sat there and proceeded to get drunk. Great place.

EDIT: I have been to Bar A many times and was joking about the guidos, since there was a thread about the Belmar mayor when he made the news last month. I avoid Belmar in the summer because it's crowded and loaded with cops that seem to have an attitude.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 08-20-2008 at 01:11 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    http://www.lindsborgcity.org/

Lindsborg, Kansas. AKA "Little Sweden."

Just sayin'

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow Kenny. You must be loaded. All those plane trips from Sweden to the States. I'm envious.

oh , you shouldn't be . . . after all YOU & your friend have . . . well , never mind ~ ~

JetsInsider.com Legend
    oh , you shouldn't be . . . after all YOU & your friend have . . . well , never mind ~ ~
    I'm flattered that I'm the one you've chosen to take lame shots at. Obviously, I struck a nerve somewhere along the line.

Carry on Kenny.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I still can't believe they renamed the town Lake Como.

Hey yokels, you're in JERSEY, NOT ITALY!!

My kids laugh at that one, having been to the real Lake Como.

Ps: Love that some of us are still keeping the sopne massacre alive.
    They did NOT rename Belmar to Lake Como.

The town of South Belmar was renamed to Lake Como to avoid confusion with Belmar. It was named after the lake in town, which already had that name.

Bar A is in Belmar- not Lake Como, though it's just a few blocks north of the border.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 08-20-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I have been there. What a great Irish bar!

A guy who works with me, tends bar there and he sold me a raffle ticket that won me a $3000 check. I went in there to collect, bought a round for the bar and sat there and proceeded to get drunk. Great place.

EDIT: I have been to Bar A many times and was joking about the guidos, since there was a thread about the Belmar mayor when he made the news last month. I avoid Belmar in the summer because it's crowded and loaded with cops that seem to have an attitude.
    Well congradulations as a member of the F.S.O.S. I am sure I brought a few of those tickets that added to your winnings ,and for those comming to Belmar on Fri. Bar A is usually rocking the day of this show ,come on down....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Well congradulations as a member of the F.S.O.S. I am sure I brought a few of those tickets that added to your winnings ,and for those comming to Belmar on Fri. Bar A is usually rocking the day of this show ,come on down....
    Thanks. That was in December about 5 years ago.

You probably know the guy I work with. He is a member and also tends bar part time. He is Bob S. And he is a big Giants fan.

Veteran
    I've gone to this a few times. Always fun. It's worth it to see Southside Johnny. They do a nice job. Goofy watching Mike and Chris (in the past) just sit there and broadcast, but fun just the same.

Especially nice if it's sunny as they setup the band and broadcast undercover outside.