Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet's Release 4 Players for First Cut Down, T Coleman, Girault, Kinlaw, Musa Smith

All Pro

Jet's Release 4 Players for First Cut Down, T Coleman, Girault, Kinlaw, Musa Smith

Four players jettisoned

Mangini announced OL Thaddeus Coleman, DB Ron Girault, RB Rodney Kinlaw and RB Musa Smith were released this morning. The roster gets cut to 53 on Saturday, Aug. 30. Headed out to practice.

Oh, and the Jets press conference announcing the specifics of their PSL plan is today at 12:30 p.m. at the Meadowlands. Newsday's Bob Glauber is there. Out to practice...

from EBoland
    http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/blog/

Jets Cut 4

Mangini announced OL Thaddeus Coleman, DB Ron Girault, RB Rodney Kinlaw and RB Musa Smith were released this morning

Hall Of Fame
    Interesting to see Smith cut this early on. Figured he would've at least made it to final cutdowns. Looks like Chatman has the #3 job locked up.

All League
    Musa didn't show anything

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

musa smith on first cut down is a little surprising.. i thought he'd serve as some nice depth, but he hasn't shown anything this preseason.

This may be getting ahead of myself, but I think means we keep only 4 RBs (TJ, LJ, Chatman, Ricardson) and frees up a roster spot to keep 6 WRs if Clowney can get back.

All League
    they probably new musa smith was going to be cut anyway to they didnt want to waste his time.

Gives him a chance to catch on somewhere else

Veteran
    Oh no Thaddeus Coleman

I was rooting for this kid to stick

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    they probably new musa smith was going to be cut anyway to they didnt want to waste his time.

Gives him a chance to catch on somewhere else
    +1

And with TJ, Leon, Chatman, Richardson we have a deep, even if it's not spectacular, backfield. A lot of good, almost very good players, but still lacking a great one.

Next week's cutdown will be the real show. There are always 1 or 2 names that seem to really surprise.

jehuu's got an opening.. and he's gonna make it IMO.

he can run.. and is a nice backup to develop @ FB... i could see a lil brad baxter to his game as far as the FB spot goes...

with more versatility as jehuu is also a HB ala Jacob on the jints.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Patriots sign 4 players

Scott Pioli announced the signing of OL Thaddeus Coleman, DB Ron Girault, RB Rodney Kinlaw and RB Musa Smith this afternoon.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Hall Of Fame
    SemiOT: Anyone have any florahm park photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    Interesting to see Smith cut this early on. Figured he would've at least made it to final cutdowns. Looks like Chatman has the #3 job locked up.
    Chatman has looked good this preseason. Jesse is likely to be the feature back for most of the Eagles game. If TJ is unproductive, or gets injured, an experienced veteran like Chatman, will be a plus to fall back on, to complement Leon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON View Post
    jehuu's got an opening.. and he's gonna make it IMO.

he can run.. and is a nice backup to develop @ FB... i could see a lil brad baxter to his game as far as the FB spot goes...

with more versatility as jehuu is also a HB ala Jacob on the jints.
    I hope so. I think he could be a diamond in the rough. When I look at him, I think of the Bus. Identical build.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I hope so. I think he could be a diamond in the rough. When I look at him, I think of the Bus. Identical build.
    Built like the Bus but runs like a Mini-Van..

Veteran
    I am glad to see Musa Smith gone, he never showed me anything Chatman didnt bring

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Oh no Thaddeus Coleman

I was rooting for this kid to stick
    physically gifted but dumb as dirt.....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

And with TJ, Leon, Chatman, Richardson we have a deep, even if it's not spectacular, backfield. A lot of good, almost very good players, but still lacking a great one.

Next week's cutdown will be the real show. There are always 1 or 2 names that seem to really surprise.
    have to disagree with you here 23. I dont like any of the backs except Washington. TJ to me is very average. Chatman runs hard, but again is average. Musa Smith sucks. I dont see any "almost very good" backs on this roster, (except Leon).

Hall Of Fame
    If Musa Smith can't make the Jets he is CFL bound unless another team has a boat load of injuiries. The Jets don't have a power house of running backs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    have to disagree with you here 23. I dont like any of the backs except Washington. TJ to me is very average. Chatman runs hard, but again is average. Musa Smith sucks. I dont see any "almost very good" backs on this roster, (except Leon).
    but i think they compliment each other well and they can with with them

JetsInsider.com Legend
    F-ck yeah Renkart.