Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we trade a week one loss for a week 2 win

All League

Do we trade a week one loss for a week 2 win

Just a thought, would you trade a loss to the fish with a pure blowout over new england a week later?

Rookie
    hell f'in yes

All League
    No.

I want us to win BOTH games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Just a thought, would you trade a loss to the fish with a pure blowout over new england a week later?
    No. I just get the feeling that when (sorry, "if" ) we beat the Patsies* in Week 2, it'll be all about them - the injuries, the status of Brady etc etc etc . No-one will give us the credit for winning, just talk about how NE lost.

Like the poster above, I'll take them as they come, and I want 2 wins!!!

All Pro
    There are no gimmes in the NFL! You win every game that you possibly can!

If you told me we would be 1-1 after 2 weeks.....

I would probably take the win over the Pats.....The reason being if it ever came down to some type of tie-breaker to get into the playoffs it would be better to possibly have it over the Pats than Miami.....The Dolphins do not figure to be in the playoff hunt.....

All League
    If a trade had to be made, I'd absolutely take a victory over the Pats due to its psychological effect.

The fact that the student has beaten his master again, thsi time with the vitriol after Spygate, with a new improved team put together after learning the lesons from last year will lead soem in the media to annoint him Manginius again.

Beating the Pats will show the league that not only the tide has turned in the AFCE but that the NE reign's days are nearing the end. Media attention will shift to the greatness of Favre over Brady, how the JEts talent overcame Belichick's coaching genious, etc.

Loosing to a weak, recovering Miami would be a one week fluke.

Veteran
    definitely, the dolphins wont compete so we want NE to have every loss they can get. helps with tiebreakers as well. Of course it would be best to win BOTH, but that wasnt the question

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Hell NO ! cause we will WIN the first 2 maybe even the first 3 games ,WE SHOULD HAVING NOTHING BUT POSTIVES THREADS LEADING INTO THE FIRST SEASON GAME . This is the season we have been waiting ,Don`t even discuss the posibilty of us losing this first game cause it won`t happen!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    No.

I want us to win BOTH games.
    +1

I want to be 4-0 at the bye.

I know I'm dreaming but that's part of being a fan.

Hall Of Fame
    If we can't beat Miami how could we blowout New England? Dump.

Veteran
    Aww, thats cute that you Jets fans are looking at tie breakers regarding the Pats. You only finished a remarkable 12 games back in a 16 game season last year, but keep hope alive.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Aww, thats cute that you Jets fans are looking at tie breakers regarding the Pats. You only finished a remarkable 12 games back in a 16 game season last year, but keep hope alive.
    will do

Hall Of Fame
    No.

It's a deal with the devil.

You make that trade, we lose to Chad, and the next day you step off a curb and get hit by a bus and never get to relish the win over the Pats.

Satan's work.

All Pro
    I'd rather not be miserable for a week.

This could have been the dumbest thread in the history of Jets Insider. Who trades ANY loses one week for wins another week in a 16 game season especially in week #1 ?

It's called SQUISH The FISH and then hope for the best agains the Pats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Trading off is defeatist thinking.

To do what we want to as a team, we need to win the games we are supposed to win as well as step it up for the teams ahead of us.

We are not going anywhere if we dont take the "gimme games" at the very least.

A win over the Pats* would be a hollow victory with a loss to the Phins in the rear-view mirror.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Trading off is defeatist thinking.

To do what we want to as a team, we need to win the games we are supposed to win as well as step it up for the teams ahead of us.

We are not going anywhere if we dont take the "gimme games" at the very least.

A win over the Pats* would be a hollow victory with a loss to the Phins in the rear-view mirror.
    I would think that the Giants last year showed that sometimes all you need is a streak of good games to win, not necessarily season-long consistency. The Pats were perfect in their consistency and it was all for naught in the Super Bowl.

Veteran
    I knew this sounded familiar.

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174964