Thread: WR Chad Jackson

Veteran

WR Chad Jackson

As many of you know, the NE Cheatriots have released WR Chad Jackson. Looking at our WR Corps we only have 2 starting quality receivers in Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles, Brad Smith is a decent slot option and Chansi Stuckey is a good 4th receiver, but if J-co or LC went down with an injury i would not feel comfortable with Smith taking over.

Jackson who ran a 4.3 and is 6'1 213 has great potential and is at full health and was buried on the depth chart behind Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker.

I myself would like to sign Jackson and release somelike like Stuckey, who has been good but will never be more than a 3rd receiver while Jackson has the ability to be a starter in the NFL.

Would you guys like to sign this kid and give him a shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I attended many games at UF while Chad was there....he has not been the same since he hurt his knee

no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    As many of you know, the NE Cheatriots have released WR Chad Jackson. Looking at our WR Corps we only have 2 starting quality receivers in Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles, Brad Smith is a decent slot option and Chansi Stuckey is a good 4th receiver, but if J-co or LC went down with an injury i would not feel comfortable with Smith taking over.

Jackson who ran a 4.3 and is 6'1 213 has great potential and is at full health and was buried on the depth chart behind Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker.

I myself would like to sign Jackson and release somelike like Stuckey, who has been good but will never be more than a 3rd receiver while Jackson has the ability to be a starter in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    No thanks. I like the young receivers we have.

Veteran
    rather invest the time in Marcus Henry. He prolly will not do anything (if he does it all) until 2 years pass. However, he may be a premiere red zone threat, before this.
    Last edited by vin777b; 09-03-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Banned
    The Pats don't have Stallworth anymore. I'm pretty sure he was beaten out by Gaffney for the #3 spot.

We could sign him to get some info on the NE playbook, but if he understood the New England playbook, they wouldn't have released him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    The Pats don't have Stallworth anymore. I'm pretty sure he was beaten out by Gaffney for the #3 spot.

We could sign him to get some info on the NE playbook, but if he understood the New England playbook, they wouldn't have released him
    This guy was the WR I thought would change the view of Gators recievers in the NFL.

Ehhh, not so much.

But I would sign him for the reasons you have bolded.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post

We could sign him to get some info on the NE playbook, but if he understood the New England playbook, they wouldn't have released him.
    You would think that even the most dense football player would get 'it' after
    three years in a system. We have had a couple that come to mind that, for
    some reason or another, (maybe just plain ****ing dumb?) can't dedicate
    themselves to the NFL lifestyle to achieve success.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post

what has Jackson ever done to be considered better than Smith, or even Stuckey for that matter? what has he done do make you feel he has the ability to be a starter?

what difference is Jackson gonna make in the event of an injury to Coles/Cotch, when he doesn't even know the system or playbook, and has a grand total of 13 career catches?

let's give our own young WRs a chance. pass on Jackson.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    You would think that even the most dense football player would get 'it' after
    three years in a system. We have had a couple that come to mind that, for
    some reason or another, (maybe just plain ****ing dumb?) can't dedicate
    themselves to the NFL lifestyle to achieve success.
    I've always wondered... How hard is it really?

I mean, it's still football... A complex game, but a game none the less... I'm not asking him to find the coefficient of friction of an object in motion, not asking him to find the derivative of an equation, certainly not asking him to score a 150 on the LSAT...

I mean, you're asking the guy to learn plays, which are written down, and then know the code-words that are associated with them... Come on now...

Veteran
    NO WAY!!! He hasn't impressed ANYONE since turning pro. He is a "bust" and I myself like Chansi Stuckey to grow into a good receiver.