Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female football announcer persons - Is it just me?

Rookie

Female football announcer persons - Is it just me?

I have turned two college games in a week because I refuse to watch a football game called by a female announcer. I like em fine on the sideline interviewing coaches and players but they have no place in the booth as far as I am concerned. I don't think that is sexist either. I have no problem with women doing anything else including running for office. I just don't want them calling my football game, especially some lesbo looking sounding chick who if you don't listen carefully you might mistake for a swishy boy. The Ohio game got killed for me today for this reason. At least I think one of those announcers is a female. If it is a guy he needs a new job and a shot of testosterone.

No offense to any ladies on the board, I love women and I mean love em, just not calling my games.

Veteran
    the she-male who broadcast the ESPN games, resembles a male more and more, every time i see her.

I would let her introduce me, to her girlfriends tho. The feminine ones, at least.
    Last edited by vin777b; 09-06-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    I have turned two college games in a week because I refuse to watch a football game called by a female announcer. I like em fine on the sideline interviewing coaches and players but they have no place in the booth as far as I am concerned. I don't think that is sexist either. I have no problem with women doing anything else including running for office. I just don't want them calling my football game, especially some lesbo looking sounding chick who if you don't listen carefully you might mistake for a swishy boy. The Ohio game got killed for me today for this reason. At least I think one of those announcers is a female. If it is a guy he needs a new job and a shot of testosterone.

No offense to any ladies on the board, I love women and I mean love em, just not calling my games.
    i agree.. and there IS a difference between normal women and dykes.

Undrafted Free Agent

I totally agree, I like to watch Nascar too. The last 2 years they've had some women interviewing, just isn't the same but starting to get used to it.

What a complete and utter bunch of garbage. Who cares who is announcing the games if they've done their homework. It's not even worth running down the list of male announcers with zero hs, college or NFL playing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    What a complete and utter bunch of garbage. Who cares who is announcing the games if they've done their homework. It's not even worth running down the list of male announcers with zero hs, college or NFL playing experience.
    I have to turn off the commentary in Madden because I can't stand Chris Collinsworths voice. It's not just about homework, its about presentation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets4life View Post
    I have to turn off the commentary in Madden because I can't stand Chris Collinsworths voice. It's not just about homework, its about presentation as well.
    That's fine. He's saying it's strictly because he can't stand listening to a woman... I believe. That's stupid.

Rookie

Not my point.

I have been watching football for 35 years. My whole life football has been announced by men. I could care if they have done their homework. I could really care less about the content of their banter as long as its about two guys who are interested in the game talking about it as it is going on. It just feels odd and out of place to have a female calling the game. I want Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith, or Madden ...you get the picture.

Rookie
    Dude...i TOTALY agree!! Women should NOT be calling games...In my honest opinion...I don't even like them on sportscenter...I just find them really annoying for some reason

Banned
    "Oh my gawd! Rawger Clemens is in George Steinbrenner's bawx!"

All League
    Doesn't really make a difference to me.

Veteran
    I have been watching football for 35 years. My whole life football has been announced by men. I want Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith, or Madden ...you get the picture.

+ 10

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    "Oh my gawd! Rawger Clemens is in George Steinbrenner's bawx!"
    LOL, as a Yankee fan that cuts deep. But god that was embarrassing.

I'll hold my ground on, who cares who is announcing the game, stance.

Some of these woman suck but so do more than half the men. I try to ignore it all together.

I don't know how the hell you can change a good game over the announcer.

All League
    I'd have no problem with women as announcers, as long as they know the game and the personnel in depth. What I don't like is some woman who is essentially reading from a script and/or throwing cliche's all over the place, ala Jeannie Zelasko from Fox Baseball. She's always on thier Playoff team with one of the guys and all you have to do is listen. She'll make a canned 'cliche type' statement and pass the mike to the guy who then says something worth listening to. I think for the most part they are there for 'color' verus 'analysis'.

I heard that too on the Ohio/Ohio St. game, said to myself....oh no.....and turned it off.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I don't think the issue revolves around knowledge or experience. I think it's the voice. I'd feel the same way if a macho-voiced guy was doing gymnastics during the Olympics. Tim Daggett and Bart Conner have the prototypically perfect girlie voices that are appropriate for gymnastics.

Rookie

Brilliant as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't think the issue revolves around knowledge or experience. I think it's the voice. I'd feel the same way if a macho-voiced guy was doing gymnastics during the Olympics. Tim Daggett and Bart Conner have the prototypically perfect girlie voices that are appropriate for gymnastics.
    Could not have said it better!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I love my wife. I love my daughter. I love women.

I dont cheat or bar-hop.

But there are a few hours a week when I need to escape the incessant chirping of a female voice. Maybe it's biological, maybe I'm a doosh.

Its more maddening when I know that the empty head chasing coaches on the sideline is some propped up model, whose employment is the result of some cynical grab for a demographic by a clueless suit.

And yes, if I had to pick between a guy eejit, (Kornhieser), or a girl eejit.....

I'd pick the guy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Tony Kornhole and Joe Theismann might as well be women too.

Oh, and let's add Bryant and Greg Gumble. Men who sound like women.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Tony Kornhole and Joe Theismann might as well be women too.

Oh, and let's add Bryant and Greg Gumble. Men who sound like women.

always liked Greg Gumble.

but please add Ted Robinson, to the list.

Could. Not. Agree. More... This is a freakin' football game we're talking about, not a swim meet at the Olympics. That's like a man hosting a tupperware party.