Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny Favre Comment After Today's Game

Hall Of Fame

Funny Favre Comment After Today's Game

From a poster on another board I post at who heard an interview with Favre on satellite radio:

Favre commented after the game on Sirius that he couldn't remember the play a couple tmes and knew he had to make a quick call so he said "same play" in the huddle. The players said "what play".

Gotta love the ability to shoot from the hip.

Brady may be gone but the backup MVP from last yaar is stiill on the field and now has a chance to win the division. Should get interesting once he learns the play book.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Um........great?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Um........great?
    If we lost .... no.

Since we won ..... ammusing (to me at least).

Guy is shooting from the hip in a NFL football game and playing well and winning. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Banned
    won't be long till favre is drawing plays in the dirt......and i'll be enjoying every minute. the guy is exciting to watch. i can't remember the last time i was excited to watch a jets qb take the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    If we lost .... no.

Since we won ..... ammusing (to me at least).

Guy is shooting from the hip in a NFL football game and playing well and winning. Pretty crazy when you think about it.
    JMJ, great post, I was commenting more on our guys going "what play?" "DUH!"

lol, I agree by the way.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    won't be long till favre is drawing plays in the dirt......and i'll be enjoying every minute. the guy is exciting to watch. i can't remember the last time i was excited to watch a jets qb take the field.
    The Stuckey TD was worth the millions they paid Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    That's the type of play that made Brett Favre - Brett Favre. They all don't end up that way so you have to take the bad with the good. If Brett sees a guy he thinks he can complete the pass every time.

That was some vintage Brett for sure. I've seen it a thousand times.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FourMer_Pkr_Fan View Post
    That's the type of play that made Brett Favre - Brett Favre. They all don't end up that way so you have to take the bad with the good. If Brett sees a guy he thinks he can complete the pass every time.

When he threw it I cringed…then I smiled.

Obviously some of those will be int’s this year, and sometimes at the worst possible moment, but I still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by FourMer_Pkr_Fan View Post

Hope there's lots more from that playbook in his head

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The funny thing is everyone is talking about Favre on that play but that was Stuckey's First NFL Touchdown. He was in the right place at the right time.

Practice Squad
    I realize how I have come to just accept Brett being Brett. It is interesting to watch you guys enjoying this gun-slinger mentality for the first time.

Us Packer fans have been spoiled. I remember the shovel pass in 94 vs. Detriot (I think 94) that made us all stand and cheer.... Frmr is correct, we have seen this type of play more times than we can count.

Brett will make you want to watch your team more than you can ever imagine.

Enjoy it.

"You go long, you go short, you go middle, get open and I'll get it to you, ready break."

I'm actually enjoying watching the game. Not dreading ever dink and dunk pass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    "Same post"

- Jetstream23

"Uhh..what post?"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Favre commented after the game on Sirius that he couldn't remember the play a couple tmes and knew he had to make a quick call so he said "same play" in the huddle. The players said "what play".

Gotta love the ability to shoot from the hip.

Brady may be gone but the backup MVP from last yaar is stiill on the field and now has a chance to win the division. Should get interesting once he learns the play book.

That's pretty friggin' funny...reminds me of playing flag football and whoever was QB'ing always said 'same play' LOL

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    "You go long, you go short, you go middle, get open and I'll get it to you, ready break."

I'm actually enjoying watching the game. Not dreading ever dink and dunk pass.
    Cotch, you're the bottle cap, Bubba, you're the piece of glass and Coles, you're the pebble......

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sannop View Post

Brett will make you want to watch your team more than you can ever imagine.

Enjoy it.
    You my friend, have class.

Banned
    Its funny you say that, I could have sworn I saw him bend over and draw something in the clay during a commercial break.

All Pro
    Is it ghey to say I was somewhat choked up as he ran on the field and when he threw the bomb to Cotch?

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Cotch, you're the bottle cap, Bubba, you're the piece of glass and Coles, you're the pebble......
    Man, that really made me smile, reminds me of why sports is awesome.

I know for some people they still have that "Jets fan" mentality and will expect the worst to happen. But for me.... the sky is the limit this year. Brett-lieve!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen View Post
    Is it ghey to say I was somewhat choked up as he ran on the field and when he threw the bomb to Cotch?
    No, no it makes you a total *****

Just kidding, I was running laps around my apartment screaming at the top of my lungs after that Play action.