Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time to separate "Tangini"

All League

Its time to separate "Tangini"

they came in at the same time, both young guys, both seemed destined for great things....one of the two hit a brick wall.

i praise tannenbaum for putting the pieces together and putting the players on this team to have us compete for a SB. He has done an outstanding job since day 1.

mangini looked great year 1....he took chances and it was great to have a coach with "balls". something happened after year 1 and it continues into this year. all but the 4th qtr....your team scores to go up 19-7... your all world qb is yelling to go for 2 and you bring out your gimpy leg kicker to put us up 20-7......WTF!!!

i am i the only one who see's that this guy has changed since year 1?

tannenbaum = A-/B+

mangini = D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    In my opinion, we have a better front office than a head coach.

But lets be fair. Mangini gets this year, with his expensive stacked far-from-talentless team in a division with the Dolphins and now-headless Patriots and a Bills team no more talented or experienced than ours.

If he wins the division, he will have proven something. If he doesn't...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    they came in at the same time, both young guys, both seemed destined for great things....one of the two hit a brick wall.

i praise tannenbaum for putting the pieces together and putting the players on this team to have us compete for a SB. He has done an outstanding job since day 1.

mangini looked great year 1....he took chances and it was great to have a coach with "balls". something happened after year 1 and it continues into this year. all but the 4th qtr....your team scores to go up 19-7... your all world qb is yelling to go for 2 and you bring out your gimpy leg kicker to put us up 20-7......WTF!!!

tannenbaum = A-/B+

mangini = D
    Mangini played it like a chicken in the 4th, and obviously he was terrible last year, but it's too early to give him D. Lets see how the rest of the year goes..

I hope he puts the beat down on the Pats next week and goes for the jugular..

Hall Of Fame
    Dump

The team was well prepared, despite a lot of changes on offense since Favre joined the team

The team has been amazed at how quickly Favre has been able to pick up the system, and a lot of that goes to the coaching staff

Defense played lights out, with an excellent game plan and adjustments throughout, shutting down a running game with some good RB's, but got drained in extreme heat in the 4th quarter

All of this only in week 1

Jesus, learn the game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Dump

The team was well prepared, despite a lot of changes on offense since Favre joined the team

The team has been amazed at how quickly Favre has been able to pick up the system, and a lot of that goes to the coaching staff

Defense played lights out, with an excellent game plan and adjustments throughout, shutting down a running game with some good RB's, but got drained in extreme heat in the 4th quarter

All of this only in week 1

Jesus, learn the game.

"learn the game"....listen prick...i am not saying the team wasnt prepared but there is no excuse to not go for 2 in that spot.....NONE.
    maybe you can except a coach who is afraid to make a mistake but not me.
    coaching like week 1 plus a number of mistakes last year put manginis ability to be a great coach in question.

your team scores to go up 19-7... your all world qb is yelling to go for 2 and you bring out your gimpy leg kicker to put us up 20-7......WTF!!!
    Listening to Boomer on the FAN. Boomer's defending the move saying things are too unpredictable at that point to go for 2.

Veteran
    your team scores to go up 19-7... your all world qb is yelling to go for 2 and you bring out your gimpy leg kicker to put us up 20-7......WTF!!!
    you're right here. mangini should have gone for 2. being up 12 or 13 is basically the same difference at this point in the game. bad decision imo not going for 2 in this spot.

All League
    "learn the game"....listen prick...i am not saying the team wasnt prepared but there is no excuse to not go for 2 in that spot.....NONE.
    coaching like week 1 plus a number of mistakes last year put manginis ability to be a great coach in question.
    Favre himself said that he was so drained he wasn't sure he'd be able to come back. Couple that with him still not knowing the entire playbook, and that's why they played conservatively.

As far not going for 2, Mangini needed to find out what he had in his kicker so they'd know if they need to sign somebody going into the New England game, so actually that was a smart move.

Ray Ray is right, learn the game.

Veteran
    mangini = excellent, year 1

mangini = talentless team, year 2

give Mangini a chance, this year. Then judge him.

All League
    Mangini cannot control the penalties either. 3rd and 2 became 3rd and 7 because of a false start. If Woody (who really played a hell of a game) doesn't jump, TJ runs for the 1st and this is a moot point. We won, that's all that matters.

All Pro
    Didn't we just go for two the time before and missed it? If we went for 2 and missed it for the second time we could have lost after two Miami field goals. I really think some of Mangini's 4th quarter lack of aggression had to do with the heat (brutal conditions) and just wanted to get away with a win. I think he was very afraid of losing that game, more so than usual. He will gain confidence and coach better as the season go's on. I do agree he needs to get to his first year form, and think he will.

Hall Of Fame
    Preparedness is part of it, the coaching staff gets credit for that.

Favre was asking about going for 2 because he wasn't sure of Nugent's status, not because Mangini was afraid to do it.

Mangini has never been afraid to do anything, so it's retarded to suggest it.

We had gone for two the last time, and it didn't work.

All League
    One game fellas....Let's at least wait till the bye....

Rookie
    personal attack..mods? lol listen brett's not crying, why is everyone else finding something to complain about?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    personal attack..mods? lol listen brett's not crying, why is everyone else finding something to complain about?

snitch.

Rookie
    Really after one game and a win, we are giving the coach a D? Last year I can't believe we were in as many games as we were with the team the took the field each week.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Colemonster View Post
    Favre himself said that he was so drained he wasn't sure he'd be able to come back. Couple that with him still not knowing the entire playbook, and that's why they played conservatively.

As far not going for 2, Mangini needed to find out what he had in his kicker so they'd know if they need to sign somebody going into the New England game, so actually that was a smart move.

Ray Ray is right, learn the game.
    He didnt do it so he could find out if he needed a kicker. Dont you think they could have done that today at practice??? The right call was to go for 2...as evident by the fact that Miami could have WON the game with their final possession. That extra point they kicked meant nothing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    listen prick
    DBAKE,

Attack the argument, attack the issue, but do NOT attack the posters personally. Calling another poster a prick is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    personal attack..mods?
    Penguin, please edit your signature image size or it will be removed.

All Pro

tannenbaum = A-/B+

mangini = D
    D? really? hey to each his own but i disagree.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Preparedness is part of it, the coaching staff gets credit for that.

Favre was asking about going for 2 because he wasn't sure of Nugent's status, not because Mangini was afraid to do it.

Mangini has never been afraid to do anything, so it's retarded to suggest it.

We had gone for two the last time, and it didn't work.
    Not kicking the extra point the first time was ludicrous. I understand Nugent was hurt. But you are not prepared and dont have 1 guy on the team who can't kick a freaking EXTRA POINT? With about a week of practice, I could make an extra point. To me it just shows a lack of preparation. 40 yard field goals without a kicker is one thing, but an extra point? Give me a break.