Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just need to get this off my chest (first thread)

Just need to get this off my chest (first thread)

First off, a quick introduction. Ive been a vistor on these board for many years, and just never have posted a thread, or anything. So let me say its great to finally start posting. My father used to post here all the time, he however is a Patriots fan, his name was Patman. Not sure if anyone around here remembers him.

Anyway, Im from New England, Rhode Island actually, and have been surrounded by Patriots fans my whole life. From school, to radio, to even having to watch them almost ever sunday since I was a little kid. And being the Jet fan in fan in school, basically the ONLY Jet fan it was easy to be picked on about the horrible seasons we have had.

Being from New England, I have got to witness first hand, the bandwagon fans that make up Patriot Nation. And it makes me sick. My dad used to go to almost every Pats game, during the Steve Grogan years, and before yet when no one gave a crap about the team, and you would walk up to the gates of foxboro and buy a ticket. Now they have the most expensive tickets in football. Because during their first super bowl run, the bandwagon began to full up.

Im sure everyone has seen people like this? Randomly out of the wood work everyone seems to know more about football then you. Basically cause they have been watching the patriots for a few years and your only a Jets fan. "What could you know". Then the almost perfect season, forget the cheating, forget the cockiness, forget: Brady bringing a handicam around the locker room for the last few games of the season because he wanted to capture the perfection. No one wanted to hear of this cockiness around here in New England. Only a select few knew the truth.

Super Bowl sunday, I got a first hand look at a room full of patriots fans, watch their dreams go down the tube, as David Tyree made that catch. But still, ESPN, Peter King and rest of the Homers on our local radio still were kissing the behind of Bill and the Patriots and still the bandwagon was ready to break it was so full, and over flowing.

However this past sunday, something that has needed to happen in many years have happened. The Patriots have come down to earth. Karma has hit them. Bill Billicheat wanted to be cocky, and take Brady off of the injury report for the first time in 5 years as an F you to everyone who give him **** for not playing Brady in the preseason. And now we got to watch all the bandwagon jumpers say "Matt Cassell could be the next brady, remember how Tom took Drew's place" If you dont believe me! go look at PatsFans.com its crazy! I have never seen such blind Homerism!

Well lets see how fast they all jump off of the bandwagon, as Matt Cassell loses multiple games in a row, when their weak secondary get riped apart, and another big thing everyone is forgetting about is how much longer until Randy Moss gets aggervated because Cassel cant make a pass that Brady could. His model citizen act could end very quick.

All and all I can't until next sunday when we beat the Pats. But even then I will have to hear "You beat beat us without Brady big deal". I can't wait to hear them all jump off the bandwagon. And starts week 2 after their first lost.

-Perry

Hall Of Fame
    welcome aboard.

Thanks free skater! glad to finally be a part of the landing strip! Long overdue!

Hall Of Fame
    Welcome!

Nice read.
    It is quite ironic that for the first time in eons, Brady wasn't listed as 'questionnable' and goes down for the rest of the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mangold76 View Post
    Thanks free skater! glad to finally be a part of the landing strip! Long overdue!
    you picked a great time to sign up. Looks like we're all in for a hell of a ride this season!

Welcome! Nice read.
    I just joined yesterday finally after always reading this site.

All Pro
    Wecolme to the board and look forward to your insight. Feel free to pick on any Chowds here you like. No personal attcks but feel free to have a little fun. Truth is not too many left here either.

Banned
    Great first post!

Welcome and post more!!!

BB (the greatest coach of all-time), will be exposed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    forget: Brady bringing a handicam around the locker room for the last few games of the season because he wanted to capture the perfection.
    First of all, welcome. Secondly, Brady wanted to capture perfection all right. Except it was intended for private home viewing.

Hall Of Fame
    Gee, Brady wanders around men's locker rooms with a camera... whothunkit?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Gee, Brady wanders around men's locker rooms with a camera... whothunkit?

Yeah, that was a hanging curve I couldn't lay off of.

Green Jets & Ham
    Yes Perry, I remember your dad and I really like him too, he's always been one of my favorite Patriots fans

I notice he hasn't posted since the summer, but it appears he last logged on only a week prior to today. I say this because you seem to be talking about him in the past tense and I'm really hoping that was just a poor choice of words

I sincerely hope your dad is well?

Ham
    Ohh ya my dad is fine! Thank god, just saw him yesterday! Ya my dad is great guy, definitely knows his football and he should be around. Everything I know about football I know from him.

He might be hiding after yesterday though. haha.

you picked a great time to sign up. Looks like we're all in for a hell of a ride this season!
    Ya I can't remember being this excited since forever!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Anyone else notice this?

I'm watching you, Mangold.

Great post, .....

Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Great first post!

Welcome and post more!!!

BB (the greatest coach of all-time), will be exposed.
    BB without Brady 48-51 or something like that. HE WILL BE EXPOSED!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Anyone else notice this?

I'm watching you, Mangold.

Great post, .....

It's his first post. I wasn't gonna say anything...

My bad =/ haha. Ill be more carefull. Just quickly read it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Lol, first post yet, already a master of the multi-quote feature.

I'm watching you Mangold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lol, first post yet, already a master of the multi-quote feature.

I'm watching you Mangold!!!

It wasnt to hard to figure out

Hall Of Fame
    I am wondering why you have the #76 associated with Mangold...

Rookie
    nice!!