Thread: This happened fast...

Rookie

This happened fast...

You have to love the Pats-Fans, they are quick as bunnies:

"Anyone else lost interest if Brady's done for year?
    Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. [...]"

From PatsFans.com

Hall Of Fame
    After last night's game, they're all Bears fans now.

Veteran
    Oprah to Rachel Weisz? I dont know if that is such a big spread. This guy's standards are low anyway. Frontrunner.

Banned
    What's that? Pats fans abandoning ship after one game? Surprise, surprise.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Raug View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. [...]"

From PatsFans.com
    Pats fans are similar to Yankee fans in that regard. They have no understanding what practically every other fan base experiences with the ups and downs of seasons. For every other team, making the playoffs is a real accomplishment and something to get excited about --for them, the playoffs are taken for granted. There's no "hope" of making it, its a foregone conclusion. So, they don't know how to react when they are faced with the prospect of missing them. Its literally foreign to them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hopefully that will mean less of these scumbags at the game this Sunday

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Raug View Post

From PatsFans.com
    They're flailing over there...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...d.php?t=118969

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Pats fans are similar to Yankee fans in that regard. They have no understanding what practically every other fan base experiences with the ups and downs of seasons. For every other team, making the playoffs is a real accomplishment and something to get excited about --for them, the playoffs are taken for granted. There's no "hope" of making it, its a foregone conclusion. So, they don't know how to react when they are faced with the prospect of missing them. Its literally foreign to them.
    Don't you ever compare me to them again Mr. Man!!

I remeber the 80's and early 90's just fine. I knew when the Yanks had a special team, and I appreciated it fully. No, I don't get excited about getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, but I don't get excited about the Jets sneaking into the wildcard and getting the crap knocked out of them either.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Don't you ever compare me to them again Mr. Man!!

I remeber the 80's and early 90's just fine. I knew when the Yanks had a special team, and I appreciated it fully. No, I don't get excited about getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, but I don't get excited about the Jets sneaking into the wildcard and getting the crap knocked out of them either.
    Yeah, I figured I would get crap from that. But, its reality. When you make the playoffs for that many years in a row, its only logical that you come to expect it. Making the playoffs become the norm.

Most Yankee fans are livid about not making the playoffs. Your perspective is skewed from most other fans in the league. For Yankee fans, the season "really" started in October. Same with Pats fans.

I'm sure you appreciated it, and its good you did --you've always seemed like a grounded fan. BUt, I;m sure you will also admit that there are many Yankee fans that come to expect it as the norm.

All League
    The bandwagon will be empty after the Jets stomp on their necks next weekend.

From PatsFans.com
    Saw that earlier too! and was going to post it!

Banned
    What is funny is that after that stooges original chicken little post, almost every reply is telling him to shut the f*^k up...he is not indicative of most patriots fans...

All League
    I love how they actually think 8-8 or 9-7 would still be enough to get them a playoff spot. Delusional right to the end.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dfresh View Post
    What is funny is that after that stooges original chicken little post, almost every reply is telling him to shut the f*^k up...he is not indicative of most patriots fans...
    Shouldn't you be over there telling the OP to stfu too then?

All Pro
    I went out there as you suggested and just LOVED this post from one PATSIE Fan:

"Now I'm not all Mulder and Scully and fake moon landing normally but something feels fishy about this entire thing. The Pats play Cassel this pre-season more than his entire college and pro careers combined and keep him on the roster despite most of the "pundits" and messageboard analysts think he's going to get cut for the younger (more promising?) Gootz; even though Brady doesn't look in any way injured whenever he's seen on/off the field. They also keep 5 backs on the roster, which most view as a bit unusual, seemingly setting up for a more ground based attack this season. The only thing anyone talks about all pre-season is the backup QB position...more backup QB talk than anytime in history it seems.

then we have the first game of the season and Brady is gone, most likely for the season, before the second qtr even starts.....just feels fishy for some reason"

This is why the Pats should have never won one SB let alone several, this is just LOONEY!!!!