Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: New Blog Entry: Hold Your Happiness: Wins Over The Scrubs, Losses To The Elites, Noth

  1. #1
    All Jets 24/7
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    JI Land
    Posts
    1,911

    New Blog Entry: Hold Your Happiness: Wins Over The Scrubs, Losses To The Elites, Noth

    I'm just as happy as anyone else that we had a dominating win with an in-sync offense yesterday, but let's look in the mirror and be real folks: 2-2 is exactly where we had this team pegged with Chad Pennington's balloons, and 3-1 is what we wished for with Brett Favre's darts.* Cake-like wins over the [...]

    More...

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    What's most important here is that we finally recognize that the original backdoor deal to secure PSL's through not drafting Matt Leinart and drafting Brick all while signing Brett Favre has been in place since 1991, when Woody was still helping develop Johnson & Johnson's new Q-tip prototype...which, sadly, never made it to the general market.

    Fortunately for us, Woody is also childhood friends with the chief of medicine at Ypsilanti Hospital in Michigan, and is directly responsible for the genetic code that was implanted into Kris Jenkins at birth which would eventually make him spiral downward into obesity and bitterness, which subsequently lead to his trade to New York.

    Personally, I think point 2 offsets point 1. Thanks Woody.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    What's most important here is that we finally recognize that the original backdoor deal to secure PSL's through not drafting Matt Leinart and drafting Brick all while signing Brett Favre has been in place since 1991, when Woody was still helping develop Johnson & Johnson's new Q-tip prototype...which, sadly, never made it to the general market.

    Fortunately for us, Woody is also childhood friends with the chief of medicine at Ypsilanti Hospital in Michigan, and is directly responsible for the genetic code that was implanted into Kris Jenkins at birth which would eventually make him spiral downward into obesity and bitterness, which subsequently lead to his trade to New York.

    Personally, I think point 2 offsets point 1. Thanks Woody.
    No, no, no. You got it all wrong.

    It was Professor Plum in the Library with the candlestick.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    No, no, no. You got it all wrong.

    It was Professor Plum in the Library with the candlestick.
    That wasn't a candlestick!


  5. #5
    No, no, no, don't you guys get it? Bruce Willis WAS DEAD the entire movie!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That wasn't a candlestick!


  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That wasn't a candlestick!

    Oh nooooooes! Me thinks Klecko's having an Ace Ventura-esque, "Finkle is Einhorn" moment.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    No, no, no, don't you guys get it? Bruce Willis WAS DEAD the entire movie!
    Wait, was Verbil Kint really Keyser Soze?

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Wait, was Verbil Kint really Keyser Soze?
    SPOILERS

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Wait, was Verbil Kint really Keyser Soze?
    No, it was Barzini.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,846
    Not to take anything away from Farve (but I guess I am) did anyone ever see 6 receivers more wide open on those TD passes then they were yesterday? I don't know what's with Arizona's secondary but we were getting receivers wide open all day.

    A lot has to do with the OL and the outstading protection, and Farve has to be given credit for finding the open receivers and hitting them, but not one of his TD passes was really a difficult pass.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    SPOILERS
    Would me asking, "What the **** was Rosebud anyway?" be a spoiler as well?

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Would me asking, "What the **** was Rosebud anyway?" be a spoiler as well?
    I'm going to say yes, but only because I like typing this:

    SPOILERS

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    No, it was Barzini.
    Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattallgia. Moe Green. Slacci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that Verbil Kint is innocent.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    I couldn't agree more Sar......

    When we spent all of this money in FA we EXPECTED to start competing with the truly great teams in this league.

    And although I am excusing the team right now only because chemistry and other factors take a while to develop, the point is, we want to WIN.

    That includes teams like Buffalo who we lost to twice last year. The Broncos who just lost to KC.

    Buffalo is a team we are very familiar with and there's no excuse that if we are the team we think can be, then we beat Buffalo TWICE.

    In other words, winning is one thing. But the jets need to demonstrate that they can beat the GOOD teams as well..........

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,274
    "They ARE who we THOUGHT they were!!!" - DG


    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And although I am excusing the team right now only because chemistry and other factors take a while to develop, the point is, we want to WIN.
    And I'm not giving in to that "takes time to gel" horseshyt. Guess what - every other team in the league also has this same week to week time to gel, and are "gelling" just as much as the Jets. ITS NO ADVANTAGE! NET GAIN = ZERO!!!!

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I couldn't agree more Sar......

    When we spent all of this money in FA we EXPECTED to start competing with the truly great teams in this league.

    And although I am excusing the team right now only because chemistry and other factors take a while to develop, the point is, we want to WIN.

    That includes teams like Buffalo who we lost to twice last year. The Broncos who just lost to KC.

    Buffalo is a team we are very familiar with and there's no excuse that if we are the team we think can be, then we beat Buffalo TWICE.

    In other words, winning is one thing. But the jets need to demonstrate that they can beat the GOOD teams as well..........
    Lol, MaineJet strikes again.


  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Wait. I am confused.

    Would it have been better if we lost yesterday?

    And will somebody let me know when I am allowed be excited about the NY Jets.

    Thanks in advance!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattallgia. Moe Green. Slacci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that Verbil Kint is innocent.
    Stop it. These posts insult Sar I's "intelligence"

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,393
    Please.

    The Cards were considerd a very talented up and coming team that was going to battle for a division tittle.

    Now that the Jets whooped them they are an NFL bottom feeder. Make up your minds people.

    The Pats are not elite either. The Dolphins embarassed them. The same dolphins we beat and the same dolphins the cards dismanteld.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us