Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT-the jets in 52 inches of Samsung!

All Pro

OT-the jets in 52 inches of Samsung!

hey, I just ordered this puppy not 5 mins ago...I have a ? for anyone whose ever mounted a TV on a wall -- I'm doing this job with me grandpa, Weasel; any advice other than the sarcastic ones! I know to look for the studs and what not but if anyone has a TV on their wall, any input would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN52A6...2871274&sr=1-1
    Last edited by WeskerLogan; 10-01-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    hey, I just ordered this puppy not 5 mins ago...I have a ? for anyone whose ever mounted a TV on a wall -- I'm doing this job with me grandpa, Weasel; any advice other than the sarcastic ones! I know to look for the studs and what not but if anyone has a TV on their wall, any input would be greatly appreciated!

- Congrats Wesker and good luck. If I were you I'd ask as many questions you have to the person that sold you the TV. Enjoy the day with your grandfather...................

Practice Squad
    Congrats man! I got no advice, but to say..damm you!! haha

All Pro
    I put up a 50" plasma Samsung. Just predrill your holes for the mounting bracket (I used sonus). Obviously you need to hit 2 studs 16" apart. Have 2 people hold TV while you plug in anything that goes to the back of the TV (very important, hard to do after).
    TV justs slides down beautifully on the bracket arms. Adjust tilt for viewing.
    Watch Jets kick Cincy *ss!

Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post

maaaaaan you're in for a treat...i bought a very similar samsung 52 inch 8 months ago, and its been amazing to watch our boys on that tv...i find it very hard to watch football on nonhd now.

originally, i was going to go with the wall mount as well, but after asking around on here and doing more research, I found that a stand was the best way to go for me. Just make sure you REALLY do want to mount it, and you are very very careful...because you dont wanna ruin the tv just for the aesthetic look of the mount.

Other than that, have a blast with the gramps and the new tv!

All Pro
    Wesker, forgot to mention. When you take TV out there is a metal bracket that mounts to the back of your TV. Use it for marking holes where you want TV on your wall Height ect. Put in on, mount wall bracket, enjoy Jets in clear HDTV. By the way, John Clayton is scary in HD.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Wesker, forgot to mention. When you take TV out there is a metal bracket that mounts to the back of your TV. Use it for marking holes where you want TV on your wall Height ect. Put in on, mount wall bracket, enjoy Jets in clear HDTV. By the way, John Clayton is scary in HD.
    Not as scary as Al Davis

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I bought a 40" Samsung a few months ago for our Great room and finally got HD digital cable. It is what they say it is. Clearest d@mn picture you'll ever see! Enjoy!!!

By the way, I may be coming to you for tips once I start on our Entertainment room over the garage!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Great TV man. I just bought the same model but 46 inch. You'll love it. Make sure you get "quality" HDMI cables to get the TV's full capacity. Having FIOS is definetly a plus too.

Samsung is the way to go. Their product is right up there with Sony but for half the price.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

I have the same exact TV. You're going to love it. Picture is amazing. Word of advice. Buy the mounting brackets and cables off EBAY. They are a fraction of the cost of buying it at the store.

All Pro
    Day-yum that's a sweet price Wesker. Enjoy that bad boy and here's hoping the Jets make it worthwhile watching

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tkin79 View Post
    Great TV man. I just bought the same model but 46 inch. You'll love it. Make sure you get "quality" HDMI cables to get the TV's full capacity. Having FIOS is definetly a plus too.

Samsung is the way to go. Their product is right up there with Sony but for half the price.
    The quality of an HDMI cable doesn't mean much of anything. A $100 HDMI cable will not provide a better picture than a $5 cable.

Agree on Samsung. Second best LCD screens at a much nicer price point. I have a 40" in the master bedroom and a 46" Samsung LCD in the family room.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I have the same exact TV. You're going to love it. Picture is amazing. Word of advice. Buy the mounting brackets and cables off EBAY. They are a fraction of the cost of buying it at the store.

More than just a fraction...the guys from circuit city were trying their hardest to get me to buy the $105 hdmi cables, but fortunately, i knew better, and got them for $7 each from ebay w/ shipping. Different company, exact same quality.

All League
    HDMI is HDMI is HDMI.

All Pro
    hey thanks for all the responses guys! The wall brackets -- which ones should i look for? Any specific kind?

Practice Squad
    I worked at PC Richard this summer and sold a number of the A650s. AMAZING TV!

You're gonna love the 120 Hz technology when watching the Jets, makes such a difference!

Like what everyone else says, salesmen make huge $$$'s off of Omni Mounts and Monster Cables... Don't buy them though it's bull****... I buy all my cables online and I worked there!

LCD TVs are much lighter than Plasmas too so mounting it won't be as much of a *****. Just be careful when you mount it, I've had lots of customers come back because they F'd it up.

All Pro
    Great TV.

Are you planning to run the wires inside the wall ??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tkin79 View Post
    Make sure you get "quality" HDMI cables to get the TV's full capacity.

Banned
    No particular advice on HOW to mount the TV, but one word of advice on WHERE to mount it. Alot of people make the mistake of positioning the TV too high on the wall. You want it to be roughly the same height that it would be on a stand. Maybe a few inches higher, but not a lot.

A lot of people put it too high on the wall, and then you lose the proper perspective when watching the TV. You want to be looking straight at the TV from a seated position, not looking up at it.

Hall Of Fame
    this thread should get its own poll -- what is WeskerLogan gonna buy next?

a) Audi S4
    b) Jets season tickets
    c) Blackberry Bold
    d) PFAIL Jam tattoo
    e) all of the above