Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Yom Kippur!

Veteran

Happy Yom Kippur!

I'ts the day all the Jews fast and ask god for forgiveness.

Practice Squad
    and a happy yom kippur to you to.

I did not know it was a "happy" holiday. You learn something everyday.

Banned

Banned

Banned

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    LOL, you're such a douche

Veteran
    Question. Is it true that Temples or Synagoges "sell" tickets to servcies for this or other Jewish holidays?

Banned
    Honestly guys, this is not a good start.

I know there was probably not any evil intent but so far, this may be the most insulting holiday thread in the history of the internet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post

I know there was probably not any evil intent but so far, this may be the most insulting holiday thread in the history of the internet.
    I thought the photo of the swarthy lookin fella about to chow down on a giant bagel was touching. A hallmark moment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I thought the photo of the swarthy lookin fella about to chow down on a giant bagel was touching. A hallmark moment
    I LOLed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    Question. Is it true that Temples or Synagoges "sell" tickets to servcies for this or other Jewish holidays?
    Most orthodox shuls (synagogues) sell seats (that is, reservations for particular seats in the synagogue) during the high holidays, both as a major fundraiser and for practical reasons (people tend to have many more guests, and more people show up in general, so its important to have pre-arranged seats so families and guests can sit together). None will prevent anyone from praying without having first reserved seats, and most have extra seats available towards the back of the synagogue in case anyone needs extra. Also, if you have a money problem and can't afford the donation to the shul, you can simply say so in a private conversation with the rabbi or president of the shul, and will have seats assigned to you as though you had paid (and with nobody in the general membership knowing that you didn't).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER View Post
    I did not know it was a "happy" holiday. You learn something everyday.
    solemn, but absolutely happy as well - its a day that focuses on each jew's relationship with god, which is a happy thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    solemn, but absolutely happy as well - its a day that focuses on each jew's relationship with god, which is a happy thing.
    How can you focus on God with your stomach growling?

JetsFan2012
    Most orthodox shuls (synagogues) sell seats (that is, reservations for particular seats in the synagogue) during the high holidays, both as a major fundraiser and for practical reasons (people tend to have many more guests, and more people show up in general, so its important to have pre-arranged seats so families and guests can sit together). None will prevent anyone from praying without having first reserved seats, and most have extra seats available towards the back of the synagogue in case anyone needs extra. Also, if you have a money problem and can't afford the donation to the shul, you can simply say so in a private conversation with the rabbi or president of the shul, and will have seats assigned to you as though you had paid (and with nobody in the general membership knowing that you didn't).
    How much of a donation do these seat reservations usually require?

Edit: I'm sorry if that question was completely in bad taste. I mean no offense.

All Pro
    And, when you can't buy the seat, there is always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb3pBbliExs

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post

Hey, I deleted my reply of a picture of Ian Kinsler, where I misread the OP and thought he said "fast Jew".

I'm sensitive like that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Believe me guys. It is not a Happy Holiday. If you do not know anything about a Holiday than please dont post anything about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Most orthodox shuls (synagogues) sell seats (that is, reservations for particular seats in the synagogue) during the high holidays, both as a major fundraiser and for practical reasons
    JPSL's?

Seriously, since it is not a happy holiday, I wish my brothers here a meaningful holiday with their families.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    JPSL's?
    LOL