Thread: Ugly win, but a win

Ugly win, but a win

The Jets totally dominated in this game. Has there ever been a game before that the Jets D didn't give up a run for over 4 yards? It probably hasn't happened often in the NFL. Take away the 2 picks deep in Bengal territory, we win by 30. it's not the same old Jets. It amazed me how many people on this board were worried about this game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by theVinman View Post
    The Jets totally dominated in this game. Has there ever been a game before that the Jets D didn't give up a run for over 4 yards? It probably hasn't happened often in the NFL. Take away the 2 picks deep in Bengal territory, we win by 30. it's not the same old Jets. It amazed me how many people on this board were worried about this game.
    If it wasn't the same old Jets, WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 30.

All Pro
    Defense didn't give up a run over 4 yards?

Holy ****.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We knew Favre would have some bad games. I'm just glad we won when he had an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post

Holy ****.
    I was drunk, but I don't remember a single rushing play by Cincy that went over 4 yards.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    We knew Favre would have some bad games. I'm just glad we won when he had an off day.
    True...we lucked out with Fitzy at QB today...

Hall Of Fame
    Favre wasn't helped by the **** play calling on both sides of the ball. When you stop the other team cold on the run and cause them problems when you put pressure on a shakey QB you should just kill a team like the Bengals. Farve didn't have a great game but the o-line (and Baker), WR and play calling was suspect as well.

Practice Squad
    Bengals D took away the deep pass all day, not falling for the play fakes. Brett had one of his off days but still managed to get it in when it mattered. Overall, a good win against a desperate team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by theVinman View Post
    i was so worried i didn't take a sucker bet from a cowboy jet hatin fan..

Holy ****.
    I checked on NFL.com Fitzpatrick had one for 10 yards. It was still a dominating performance in terms of run defense. 21 rushes for 43 yards.

Hall Of Fame

Holy ****.
    By a runningback? No.

Fitzpatrick had a 10 yard scramble and a 7 yard scramble though.

Hall Of Fame
    Good win.

Favre had a bad game and the Jets still won by 12. Would have been more except for a blown non-review by the officials at the end of the 1st half and Mangini's pecular decision to go for 2 after the last TD.

Overall, the Fins lose, which separates the Jets even more from them in the division and Jets win. Everything is gravy.

Veteran
    Does it really matter how much we win by? We won by 12 points and it really wasnt even close. And guess what? A 1 point win is worth the same.

We won by 21 points last game and people were upset, I dont understand it?

Jets are 3-2 and are in a good shape. Defense played great today. Lets go out and win next week and we will be staring 5-2 right in the face.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't count QB scrambles.

If it is a planned run, then yes. But the 10 yd scramble wasn't.

Practice Squad
    thats two in a row, lets start to get in a groove, one game at a time, next up oakland

Veteran
    Yeah, this win wasn't so bad. Were you ever really worried watching the game?

The defense just gave up 1 drive the whole game.

In the 2nd half, the Jets had a bunch of good drives, but Favre tried to force in a few deep balls and got picked. Also, I don't think this is a "bad" game for Favre - I think that's just the way he is. He's going to take some shots deep every game, whether they're there or not.

And then on that last drive, they just drove the ball down the field, killed the clock, and got the TD. Even a FG, after 5 minutes of driving, and the game is still over.

It wasn't really that close, IMO.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    and Mangini's pecular decision to go for 2 after the last TD.
    Huh? How is that a peculiar decision? Isn't being up by 13 or 12, with 2 minutes and change to go, exactly the same? And isn't it better to be up by 14?

You weren't giving 12 1/2, were you?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    and Mangini's pecular decision to go for 2 after the last TD.
    Actually, that call was pretty obvious.

12 Point Lead (Failed 2 PT Conv) at that stage in the game = They need 2 TD's to win.
    13 Point Lead (Made XP) at that stage in the game = They need 2 TD's to win.
    14 Point Lead (Converted 2 PT Conv) at that stage in the game = They need 2 TD's to tie.

There's no downside, only made sense to go for it.

Practice Squad
    Sure, Favre got picked a couple of times, but he was being aggressive... trying to put the game away. No sweat. When it counted, at the end of the game, he made a couple of awesome 3rd-down throws for 1st downs and never risked the 3 FG pts. His clutch 3rd down plays gave TJ the chance to go for the end zone - for the "dagger."

Great game - the Jets are for real guys. As today's games show (and Favre has always said) - winning is all that matters. This was an impressive, team win, IMHO.