Thread: BRICK...let's put the doubts to rest please

Veteran

BRICK...let's put the doubts to rest please

This guy has elevated his game this season and should be considered one of the better LT's in the NFL. Very impressive performance today. His pass blocking is almost flawless, while his run blocking is steady and improving...keep it up big guy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Was Baker helping (or hindering) him on that side of the line today?

Hall Of Fame
    let him play a full season of dominating football before we anoint him.

I don't know how good he is really. He's shown flashes of greatness, but also flashes of maddening inconsistency.

It's hard to tell what role Faneca is having on him either.

We certainly aren't great running to his side. Who's issue that is, IDK.

Veteran
    What happened on that early Favre fumble / touchdown? The D came from his side - but it seemed like he was blocking elsewhere. I'm not sure who blew the play for the Jets. Was that a TE that got beat?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    My vote is for Thomas Jones...

bandwagon
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    What happened on that early Favre fumble / touchdown? The D came from his side - but it seemed like he was blocking elsewhere. I'm not sure who blew the play for the Jets. Was that a TE that got beat?
    looked like it was baker.

All Pro
    Brick is a solid player. Not elite but not a bust. Simple

Hall Of Fame
    My vote is for Thomas Jones...
    My vote is for Faneca.

Veteran
    He had a couple nice run blocks today...they should've went his way a few more times

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    let him play a full season of dominating football before we anoint him.

I don't know how good he is really. He's shown flashes of greatness, but also flashes of maddening inconsistency.

It's hard to tell what role Faneca is having on him either.

+1

Banned
    My vote is for Faneca.
    Faneca has been dominating thus far. Brick has been doing well. I blame the coaches play calling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    My vote is for Faneca.
    From here on out, I'm refering to Faneca as H-POL. (Highest Paid O-lineman in the League).

That's all he is, a giant dollar sign. A guy who clearly cashed in on one last payday and hasn't done jack sh-t to justify the contract. I only hope that it doesn't wind up hindering us at some point in time.

Banned
    That was Baker's fault. He made a pathetic attempt at a block and was easily beat.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    From here on out, I'm refering to Faneca as H-POL. (Highest Paid O-lineman in the League).

That's all he is, a giant dollar sign. A guy who clearly cashed in on one last payday and hasn't done jack sh-t to justify the contract. I only hope that it doesn't wind up hindering us at some point in time.
    Seriously. It's brain teaser time: Is he pulling Brick down, or is Brick making Faneca look better than he's played....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Seriously. It's brain teaser time: Is he pulling Brick down, or is Brick making Faneca look better than he's played....
    Brick's been playing exactly as he was scouted once upon a time. Fantastic in pass protection and average in the running game. He was scouted as such and is playing up to that standard this season, so I don't see how Faneca could be holding him back.

Faneca on the other hand was brought in to help the running game and bring a level of nastiness to the run blocking. None of which has happened, in fact I'm almost certain that Jones isn't averaging any more yardage so far than he did last year. The only thing he's brought to the line is the fact that he's not a revolving door like Clarke was, other than that, he's been nothing more than average. Pete Kendall circa 2004 was twice the player.

And keep in mind, he's not just highly paid, he's the highest paid ****ing lineman in the league. The man gets more money than Steve Hutchinson for Pete's sake.

Woody has been good though, honestly. He's earned every cent of that contract thus far.

Brick has been excellent in pass protection so far. And some people just throw that around like it is a simple thing to get. 90% of the teams in the league would kill for someone like Brick who is playing the most difficult position on the line by far.

Faneca has not been very good but Woody has been great. Damien Woody I think has been playing better than Faneca. Woody rarely, if ever, gets beat and Faneca has been beaten for a couple sacks.

Jones and his poor running makes the O-line look worse than it is... Jones just doesn't have any pop when he makes contact and doesnt seem to be able to keep the legs going on first contact.

RB is easily one of the biggest needs after this season.