Thread: Two Thoughts From Today

All League

Two Thoughts From Today

May be obvious, but maybe not.

After the Jets game today, I can't help but be very optimistic about our season....IMO, I see a team that is not firing on all cylinders, but is well balanced enough the overcome mistakes, weakness and overall bad play in some areas....Two weeks ago, our offense lit up the Cards and that was the difference maker....Today it was the D....God help the other teams in the AFC (and league wide) when we start consistently playing complete 4 quarter football on both sides of the ball....Pace, Jenkins and Faneca are MONSTERS, and our receiving corps are blossoming into real threats, not to mention Lowery, Revis, Jones and Leon....I'm psyched for the upcoming weeks.

Also, I'm sitting here watching the Pat's and I can't help but think that they have lost that "swagger" the've had the past few years....Whenever they show Mumbles on the sidelines, I can see doubt and panic written all over his face.

Go ahead, disagree with me....I dare you.

All League
    they may have fear or panic, but it is that of a huge and successful operation taking a bit of a stumble. I'd like to be in their shoes after a few superbowl trophies and double digit winning seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    they may have fear or panic, but it is that of a huge and successful operation taking a bit of a stumble. I'd like to be in their shoes after a few superbowl trophies and double digit winning seasons.
    yeah...you're right....buzzkill

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    May be obvious, but maybe not.

After the Jets game today, I can't help but be very optimistic about our season....IMO, I see a team that is not firing on all cylinders, but is well balanced enough the overcome mistakes, weakness and overall bad play in some areas....Two weeks ago, our offense lit up the Cards and that was the difference maker....Today it was the D....God help the other teams in the AFC (and league wide) when we start consistently playing complete 4 quarter football on both sides of the ball....Pace, Jenkins and Faneca are MONSTERS, and our receiving corps are blossoming into real threats, not to mention Lowery, Revis, Jones and Leon....I'm psyched for the upcoming weeks.

Also, I'm sitting here watching the Pat's and I can't help but think that they have lost that "swagger" the've had the past few years....Whenever they show Mumbles on the sidelines, I can see doubt and panic written all over his face.

Go ahead, disagree with me....I dare you.
    this theme has been posted many times today & i must admit i'm trying to fight being giddy.

i am a jet fan after all..

All League
    This team has the ability to make a big play at any time in the game, something it never had in the past. The WRs are not dropping balls and they now have one of the best arms in the league to get it to them.

I wouldn't mind seeing improvement in the run protection. Yes, Thomas Jones had 2 TDs today, but it seems when the Jets are in the middle of the field, their runs go nowhere. Eh, maybe that's his fault, not the line's. Either way, that needs to be worked upon. Without the threat of the run, this team can only go as far as Brett's arm can take them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13 View Post
    this theme has been posted many times today & i must admit i'm trying to fight being giddy.

i am a jet fan after all..
    Sorry from the Department of Redundancy Department ....I didn't scan each thread, but If it's a popular sentiment it must be true!

Don't worry, I'm giddy as well

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    Sorry from the Department of Redundancy Department ....I didn't scan each thread, but If it's a popular sentiment it must be true!

Don't worry, I'm giddy as well
    the Department of Redundancy need not be sorry in the least..

All League
    No doubt they played well. But remember it was against a Bengal team that hasn't won this season. I need to see them beat some good teams before I get optimistic. I'm loving the Favre, despite his INT's today, some of which were bull, not his fault...

What?

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I don't understand ... "they may have fear or panic, but it is that of a huge and successful operation ..." What does "it is that" mean? You mean that the Patriots aren't shaky because of their Super Bowl rings? I don't get it. They're a bad football team right now -- just leave it at that. We don't need Jets fans suckin' em off when they're about to be 3-2.
    Damn dude, seriously?