Banned

Ot: Snl

Hilaaaaaaaaaarious opening!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    what happened? I was watching the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    what happened? I was watching the game.
    Tina Fey doing Palin, and Palin is on the show tonight so they had them have an encounter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Tina Fey doing Palin, and Palin is on the show tonight so they had them have an encounter.
    Nice. Im surprised they can get them on their show. Mcain is always on SNL, and you would think they would not have time for SNL. Mcain was on Letterman the other night. NBC for the Dems!

All Pro
    wow... the news...

wow

Amazing.

Veteran
    WHo in the world sits down, writes a skit like the one they just showed(fall foilige) and say's "hey, that's funny!"

wow is there any talent out there?

Veteran
    Shouldn't Palin be more concerned about campaigning then being on SNL with the election about 2 weeks away?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Shouldn't Palin be more concerned about campaigning then being on SNL with the election about 2 weeks away?
    she is campaigning....its all part and parcel........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky24 View Post
    WHo in the world sits down, writes a skit like the one they just showed(fall foilige) and say's "hey, that's funny!"

wow is there any talent out there?
    I thought it was funny. But that's also because up where I lived(Shawangunk), we see an incessant never ending line of cars from Jersey who all drive 20mph on our back roads because they are impressed and amazed by things like trees and rocks and stuff. I had to move my mother in law up from New Paltz to my place in WNY yesterday, and as I was waiting for her at the Thruway toll booths I saw a line of cars a half mile long...all from Jersey and all to see the "fall foliage".

MacGrubber! Making life saving inventions out of household materials!

All Pro
    You don't get it. do you? Her appearance on SNL was funny (particularly Alec Baldwin telling her she looks hotter in person). By showing her sense of humor, she just got won more young votes. Brilliant. For all of the lack of her knowledge about and perhaps ability to deal with the issues facing our country, she is a marketing dream come true and very charismatic. The SNL appearance was pure genius. (And Heaven forbid she ever gets within a pubic hair's distance of the oval office.)
    Last edited by Dcat; 10-19-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You don't get it. do you? Her appearance on SNL was funny (particularly Alec Baldwin telling her she looks hotter in person). By showing her sense of humor, she just got won more young votes. Brilliant. For all of the lack of her knowledge about and perhaps ability to deal with the issues facing our country, she is a marketing dream come true and very charismatic. The SNL appearance was pure genius.
    totally agree. It's for the young vote, although I think the demographic of that show can't be won over by smoke and mirrors.

All Pro
    Eh, I thought it wasnt THAT funny IMO. Its what I expected a small part for her. Shoulda had Palin act as Fey somehow or something. But yea not bad.

BTW outside of the political skits recently, SNL is just horrible. People there arent that funny(keenan thompson?ugh), with horrible writing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You don't get it. do you? Her appearance on SNL was funny (particularly Alec Baldwin telling her she looks hotter in person). By showing her sense of humor, she just got won more young votes. Brilliant. For all of the lack of her knowledge about and perhaps ability to deal with the issues facing our country, she is a marketing dream come true and very charismatic. The SNL appearance was pure genius. (And Heaven forbid she ever gets within a pubic hair's distance of the oval office.)
    If our country is going be "won over" to vote for her ticket because of a SNL appearance showing her charming, witty personality..then we are in a sad state as a country...

All Pro
    If our country is going be "won over" to vote for her ticket because of a SNL appearance showing her charming, witty personality..then we are in a sad state as a country...
    Our country won't be "won over" because of an appearance on SNL. She's just trying to gain some support...