Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ot: Snl

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,091

    Ot: Snl

    Hilaaaaaaaaaarious opening!

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    what happened? I was watching the game.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,091
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    what happened? I was watching the game.
    Tina Fey doing Palin, and Palin is on the show tonight so they had them have an encounter.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Tina Fey doing Palin, and Palin is on the show tonight so they had them have an encounter.
    Nice. Im surprised they can get them on their show. Mcain is always on SNL, and you would think they would not have time for SNL. Mcain was on Letterman the other night. NBC for the Dems!

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,932
    wow... the news...

    wow

    Amazing.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,356
    WHo in the world sits down, writes a skit like the one they just showed(fall foilige) and say's "hey, that's funny!"

    wow is there any talent out there?

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,932
    Shouldn't Palin be more concerned about campaigning then being on SNL with the election about 2 weeks away?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Shouldn't Palin be more concerned about campaigning then being on SNL with the election about 2 weeks away?
    she is campaigning....its all part and parcel........

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky24 View Post
    WHo in the world sits down, writes a skit like the one they just showed(fall foilige) and say's "hey, that's funny!"

    wow is there any talent out there?
    I thought it was funny. But that's also because up where I lived(Shawangunk), we see an incessant never ending line of cars from Jersey who all drive 20mph on our back roads because they are impressed and amazed by things like trees and rocks and stuff. I had to move my mother in law up from New Paltz to my place in WNY yesterday, and as I was waiting for her at the Thruway toll booths I saw a line of cars a half mile long...all from Jersey and all to see the "fall foliage".

    MacGrubber! Making life saving inventions out of household materials!

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,906
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Shouldn't Palin be more concerned about campaigning then being on SNL with the election about 2 weeks away?
    You don't get it. do you? Her appearance on SNL was funny (particularly Alec Baldwin telling her she looks hotter in person). By showing her sense of humor, she just got won more young votes. Brilliant. For all of the lack of her knowledge about and perhaps ability to deal with the issues facing our country, she is a marketing dream come true and very charismatic. The SNL appearance was pure genius. (And Heaven forbid she ever gets within a pubic hair's distance of the oval office.)
    Last edited by Dcat; 10-19-2008 at 12:20 PM.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You don't get it. do you? Her appearance on SNL was funny (particularly Alec Baldwin telling her she looks hotter in person). By showing her sense of humor, she just got won more young votes. Brilliant. For all of the lack of her knowledge about and perhaps ability to deal with the issues facing our country, she is a marketing dream come true and very charismatic. The SNL appearance was pure genius.
    totally agree. It's for the young vote, although I think the demographic of that show can't be won over by smoke and mirrors.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,717
    Eh, I thought it wasnt THAT funny IMO. Its what I expected a small part for her. Shoulda had Palin act as Fey somehow or something. But yea not bad.

    BTW outside of the political skits recently, SNL is just horrible. People there arent that funny(keenan thompson?ugh), with horrible writing.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You don't get it. do you? Her appearance on SNL was funny (particularly Alec Baldwin telling her she looks hotter in person). By showing her sense of humor, she just got won more young votes. Brilliant. For all of the lack of her knowledge about and perhaps ability to deal with the issues facing our country, she is a marketing dream come true and very charismatic. The SNL appearance was pure genius. (And Heaven forbid she ever gets within a pubic hair's distance of the oval office.)
    If our country is going be "won over" to vote for her ticket because of a SNL appearance showing her charming, witty personality..then we are in a sad state as a country...

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,848
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    If our country is going be "won over" to vote for her ticket because of a SNL appearance showing her charming, witty personality..then we are in a sad state as a country...
    Our country won't be "won over" because of an appearance on SNL. She's just trying to gain some support...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us