Thread: Who is to blame for loss...

All Pro

Who is to blame for loss...

If you HAD to pick one to blame for the loss vs Raiders....who would you pick?

1. Eric Mangini and Staff
    2. The Players

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post

2. The Players

Eric Smith

Banned
    I blame your mom for this one.

All League
    I think Russell gets the blame for the loss more than anyone else.

Mangini prepared a conservative game plan. Not going after their elite corners and instead worked underneath with Baker and electing to go for slants, etc. The running game was good, but it seemed to be only effective on first down.

Their game plan was play conservative and wait for Russell to make mistakes and turn the ball over. He didn't and we did. We lose. Same thing happened in the NE game. They play the game very close and wait for the opposing team to commit turnovers and then capitalize. The problem of course is if they don't turn the ball over and we do, we lose.

Favre was getting hit an aweful lot yesterday. I think this was because he was being a little too cautious and holding on to the ball too long, but primarily because our WRs couldn't get open. Its a shame when you rush for over 200 yards and lose. Thats an anomoly.

If Baker doesn't fall on his @$$, we win the game. Had the INT in the endzone hit the ground, we win the game. Had "Date-rape akowski" not made the longest FG in the history of OT, we win the game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I think Russell gets the blame for the loss more than anyone else.

Mangini prepared a conservative game plan. Not going after their elite corners and instead worked underneath with Baker and electing to go for slants, etc. The running game was good, but it seemed to be only effective on first down.

Their game plan was play conservative and wait for Russell to make mistakes and turn the ball over. He didn't and we did. We lose. Same thing happened in the NE game. They play the game very close and wait for the opposing team to commit turnovers and then capitalize. The problem of course is if they don't turn the ball over and we do, we lose.

Favre was getting hit an aweful lot yesterday. I think this was because he was being a little too cautious and holding on to the ball too long, but primarily because our WRs couldn't get open. Its a shame when you rush for over 200 yards and lose. Thats an anomoly.

If Baker doesn't fall on his @$$, we win the game. Had the INT in the endzone hit the ground, we win the game. Had "Date-rape akowski" not made the longest FG in the history of OT, we win the game.
    So in other words--it was primarily our sub-par game planning?

Hall Of Fame
    Klecko73isgod for starting that **** at kickoff

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by agentmorris View Post
    So in other words--it was primarily our sub-par game planning?
    In retro spect, yes. If Russell plays like he did against NO, than the game plan would have worked. As a coach, my philosophy is to be aggressive and dictate the outcome of the game through my teams actions, good and bad. It seems that Mangini plays timid and thus, puts the outcome of the game in the other teams hands. We do this way too much.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    I blame your mom for this one.
    .... blame your mom. She is the one fu(king Mangini on the side giving him coaching advice.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    crappy play calling in OT.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

3. The green pants.

It's science.

Hall Of Fame
    Jesus it's all downhill from here Have we learned nothing kids

All Pro
    Herm Edwards since if he had been a decent HC Mangini would never have been here!!!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post

2. The Players
    As I said in another thread, the loss was a team effort, from top to bottom. This includes players (with just a few exceptions) and coaches.