Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Mangini the Worst Playcaller Ever?

Banned

Is Mangini the Worst Playcaller Ever?

I ask my fellow Jets fans this question as we are tied 14-14 at home against the worst team in the entire NFL without its best QB, Damon Huard, and it's best running back, Larry Johnson.

I say yes. Mangini makes Paul Hackett look like a genius. Guy runs the ball when we should obviously be throwing it. Goes completely pass-happy when we're playing the most horrific run defense in the league and calls stupid on-side kicks in the first quarter of games.

Bottom F'n Line: With better playcalling the Jets are 4-2 and winning this game, easily.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This whole coaching staff is just pathetic, it's the worst since Kotite.

Mangini is getting totally outcoached by Herm.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post

wow, its come to that. To be outcoached by the FRAUD himself. herm has always been known as a motivator, but never a x's and o's guy. To be outcoached by herm is ridiculous.

Banned

The funny thing is all Mangini has to do is go by a simple game plan. Run the damn ball. The Chefs cannot stop the run. Look at what happened with Leon.

All League
    Motivation...we don't need no stinkin motivation

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Veteran
    He is totally lost. It is over, they need to can him today.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    wow, its come to that. To be outcoached by the FRAUD himself. herm has always been known as a motivator, but never a x's and o's guy. To be outcoached by herm is ridiculous.
    There's no other excuse. Jets totally outmatch the Chiefs on paper and the talent gap is that wide, the fact that this is a tie game at home is nothing short of pathetic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I ask my fellow Jets fans this question as we are tied 14-14 at home against the worst team in the entire NFL without its best QB, Damon Huard, and it's best running back, Larry Johnson.

I say yes. Mangini makes Paul Hackett look like a genius. Guy runs the ball when we should obviously be throwing it. Goes completely pass-happy when we're playing the most horrific run defense in the league and calls stupid on-side kicks in the first quarter of games.

Bottom F'n Line: With better playcalling the Jets are 4-2 and winning this game, easily.
    Shott calls the plays not Mangini and yes he sucks and just for good measure Mangini sucks as well for keeping him around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashmouth View Post
    Shott calls the plays not Mangini and yes he sucks and just for good measure Mangini sucks as well for keeping him around.
    Mangini is still guilty for letting Schott do this sh*t.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post

mangini should be fired.

i am sick of saying it..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13 View Post
    mangini should be fired.

i am sick of saying it..
    If we lose this game I have no problem at all with the Jets firing this guy.

All mangini and schotty had to do is run the damm ball not throw it almost everyplay. I feel they both terrible with the play calling and have got to get fired.

Practice Squad
    I guess it's Mangini's fault that Brett threw 3 almost 4 int

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hector View Post
    He shouldn't have even had him throwing in the first place. This is maybe the worst rush D in the league and between both our RB's we've run the ball 15 times.

All League
    He shouldn't have even had him throwing in the first place. This is maybe the worst rush D in the league and between both our RB's we've run the ball 15 times.
    he didn't get the memo..

Veteran
    The sad part is that if we win everyone forgets the awful coaching.

Hall Of Fame
    Well to show how bad the Jets play calling is even a dumbass like me can make the call before it happens and know what is going to happen. Must be oh so easy for a pro team to know what is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hector View Post
    It's more than that. It's the playcalling. It's the management of the game. It's things like constantly going into shotgun on third and short (as per just a few minutes ago). The guy is in over his head.

EDIT: Not to mention the lack of prepardness and dumb mistakes of this team each and every week.
    Last edited by BroadwayRay; 10-26-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    The sad part is that if we win everyone forgets the awful coaching.
    The past two games have clearly proven to me that the Jets will not make the playoffs this year, no chance no way no how. Two of the worst teams in the league and even if they manage to pull this one out and split there is no chance at all of beating a good team, none at all.