Thread: No Larry Johnson, starting Tyler Thigpen, Herm as coach

JetsInsider.com Legend

No Larry Johnson, starting Tyler Thigpen, Herm as coach

Are you kidding me? This is like a Junior Varsity team on the field for the Chiefs.

We've got Thigpen outplaying Brett Favre and Herm Edwards outcoaching Eric Mangini today. The Oakland game was NOT an exception, we ARE seeing the real Jets last week and this week.

The Jets are absolutely torture to watch and root for!

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not sure what has happened to Mangini but he has got to go! He plays not to lose instead of winning the freakin game. The Jets never seem to play inspired football and that is on Mangini.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Are you kidding me? This is like a Junior Varsity team on the field for the Chiefs.

We've got Thigpen outplaying Brett Favre and Herm Edwards outcoaching Eric Mangini today. The Oakland game was NOT an exception, we ARE seeing the real Jets last week and this week.

i agree. i'll be watching the other ny team later just to remind me what decent football looks like.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Eric Mangini is the worst Jets HC since Rich Kotite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

I was just thinking....this atrocious performance is oddly comforting for me....

Its what they do, and I've gotten used to it.

I wouldnt be here on this site meeting some of the funniest Mo Fo's ever if we were a good team, because I have no interest in circle jerking or gloating.

I like to commiserate, and this ship of fools gives me that opportunity year in and year out.

That being said, they suck and this will stamp us officially as a national embarrassment, thanks Woody.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I was just thinking....this atrocious performance is oddly comforting for me....

Its what they do, and I've gotten used to it.

I wouldnt be here on this site meeting some of the funniest Mo Fo's ever if we were a good team, because I have no interest in circle jerking or gloating.

I like to commiserate, and this ship of fools gives me that opportunity year in and year out.

That being said, they suck and this will stamp us officially as a national embarrassment, thanks Woody.
    you cant put the blame on Woody. he opened up the checkbook.
    this one is all on the coaches

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm1244 View Post
    you cant put the blame on Woody. he opened up the checkbook.
    this one is all on the coaches
    Woodys coaches.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    I'm starting to think the same.

I really wouldn't mind sh*tcanning the entire coaching staff right now. Wipe the slate clean. Anything is better than watching the way this team has been coached the past two years.

Veteran
    This is two weeks in a row against dreadful teams and the Jets are totally unmotivated. We are lacking a smash mouth defensive player to get the D all fired up. The play calling is incomprehensible and I doubt that Farve will ever be what people are expecting. Not to beat the dead horse, but ever since Pete Kendall left it seems as if it is all wishful thinking and bad play.

All Pro
    Are you being serious RJF?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Are you being serious RJF?
    Parcells, Groh, Herm.

There's your coaches since Kotite. All of them > Mangini.

I really don't get what more people need to see to realize that this guy is a joke and shouldn't be a HC in this league. There's no argument to be made that justifies good coaching since the end of 2006.

All Pro
    Parcells, Groh, Herm.

I really don't get what more people need to see to realize that this guy is a joke and shouldn't be a HC in this league. There's no argument to be made that justifies good coaching since the end of 2006.
    Respect your opinion, its tough to hear and tough to argue. I think he's still better than Herm but obviously that doesn't mean anything. After this game (win or lose) it seems like he is now on borrowed time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Parcells, Groh, Herm.

He needed at least 3 more years under Belichick. He took off way too fast, from ball boy to unit coach, to 1 year defensive coordinator, to HC. In over his head. He's kinda like Obama....not enough experience and came onto the scene with much more hype and marketing than substance.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-26-2008 at 06:05 PM.