Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Favre is what you all wanted... well you got it!

  1. #1

    Favre is what you all wanted... well you got it!

    If Favre doesn't throw 3 INT's...two of which end in a TD and Feely doesn't miss a chip shot (that's 17 points, not counting the points we would've before the second INT) we win this thing handily. Now the question becomes... What the **** does Mangini have to do with those unforced errors? And just because we don't see him ripping Favre a new one in public, how do we know he doesn't do it in private?

    True we should've run the ball more, but I had no problem with Favre throwing the ball as long as he wasn't throwing into double coverage, I'm sure that's not the way Eric and Schotty had it scripted. Favre is Favre, he's feast or famine, that's what all you wanted, you had all tired of Chad's safe ways, but now you ***** and moan but it's mostly directed at Eric.

    Look, I wouldn't change this situation with Favre right now to go back to Chad, that's not what this post is about. If I could go back and do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing. I still feel that this team hasn't reached it's peak yet with Favre. I hated the move then, but I like it now, I'm over Chad. What I can't stand is how nearsighted people are around here. You all thought Favre would come in and transform us magically, overnight into a SB contender, but none of you has any patience to see the damn thing evolve, you all search high and low for the new scapegoat. Last season it was Chad now it's Eric.

    I knew this would happen, in fact I predicted it and lo and behold if it's not some of the usual suspects calling for Mangini's head.

  2. #2
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,179
    What IS this thread all about?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What IS this thread all about?

    Typical fans need heroes or scapegoats, they cannot tolerate imperfection, they just don't have the patience for it. They also lack any kind of foresight. What it is, is what it is and that won't change. There's no room for improvement ever. It's that static way of analyzing on the part of fans that's so infuriating for me at times.

    I see a team that is misfiring at times but I see correctable flaws, whether or not it's entirely the coaches fault I cannot say. I think it's a combination, but I also know that teams have a habit of peaking at just the right time and I really think we have the components in place for such a transformation, so I see no need to trash the coaching staff this early in the process.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Shamokin PA
    Posts
    5,713
    with favre comes lots interceptions and crazy rediculous ****..............

    - thread over -

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    with favre comes lots interceptions and crazy rediculous ****..............

    - thread over -


    Look we have a guy who can get the ball to any part of the field with plenty of velocity, not to mention he has as much moxy as anyone that's ever played the game, this is what so many people wanted and now that he's here instead of critiquing his flaws, we instead choose to berate Mangini, when we all know that it's clearly Favre the one that's making all the unforced errors. If Favre plays within the scheme these games would all be blow outs, now how much of what is going on is on Mangini and Schott and how much is on Favre not being totally comfortable in this offense and winging it in the meantime? Very simple to look for the easy way out and point fingers but the fact remains that it's Favre not executing that's putting this team in jeopardy. I think he can be reigned in, but part of what makes him so mistake prone is what makes him special too, so you have to take the good with the bad.


    The defense is a bit of a sore spot, and everyone knows that Sutton is the weaklink there. But if you look a bit closer you will see that the defense is really not the problem at all. The defense is not playing at a championship level caliber but it's not bad at all. One thing I like is how good we are against the run, this can only mean good things down the road for us. Also, I know people will point at Revis and Lowery but you simply cannot play much better than those two have played this year. We get torched on the short stuff over the middle but no one is beating our starting corners one on one with any kind of consistency. So if we stop the run consistently and we shut down the opposing team's best receiver on a consistent basis like we have, our defense will only improve with time, it's very simple really.


    People haven't noticed just how well our ST's played today. Carroll was a demon on every single return it seemed and Leon is about to break a punt and go the distance any day now, that dimension alone will prove huge in the weeks to come and into the playoffs.


    Buffalo, NE and Tenn... couldn't come at a better time, time to measure up now. I will judge this team based on those 3 games, but even if we lose them it still doesn't mean we have no hope, it's a very long season.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Shamokin PA
    Posts
    5,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Look we have a guy who can get the ball to any part of the field with plenty of velocity, not to mention he has as much moxy as anyone that's ever played the game, this is what so many people wanted and now that he's here instead of critiquing his flaws, we instead choose to berate Mangini, when we all know that it's clearly Favre the one that's making all the unforced errors. If Favre plays within the scheme these games would all be blow outs, now how much of what is going on is on Mangini and Schott and how much is on Favre not being totally comfortable in this offense and winging it in the meantime? Very simple to look for the easy way out and point fingers but the fact remains that it's Favre not executing that's putting this team in jeopardy. I think he can be reigned in, but part of what makes him so mistake prone is what makes him special too, so you have to take the good with the bad.


    The defense is a bit of a sore spot, and everyone knows that Sutton is the weaklink there. But if you look a bit closer you will see that the defense is really not the problem at all. The defense is not playing at a championship level caliber but it's not bad at all. One thing I like is how good we are against the run, this can only mean good things down the road for us. Also, I know people will point at Revis and Lowery but you simply cannot play much better than those two have played this year. We get torched on the short stuff over the middle but no one is beating our starting corners one on one with any kind of consistency. So if we stop the run consistently and we shut down the opposing team's best receiver on a consistent basis like we have, our defense will only improve with time, it's very simple really.


    People haven't noticed just how well our ST's played today. Carroll was a demon on every single return it seemed and Leon is about to break a punt and go the distance any day now, that dimension alone will prove huge in the weeks to come and into the playoffs.


    Buffalo, NE and Tenn... couldn't come at a better time, time to measure up now. I will judge this team based on those 3 games, but even if we lose them it still doesn't mean we have no hope, it's a very long season.


  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    this is the NFL

    they don't give you more points for pretty wins

    a win is a win

    if you don't like it become a giants fan

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Shamokin PA
    Posts
    5,713
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is the NFL

    they don't give you more points for pretty wins

    a win is a win

    if you don't like it become a giants fan


    heyyyyyyy you didnt know that as fans we demand pefection?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,174
    Can we all chill out with the loyalty tests? "If you don't like it then go root for...." the Saints or the Giants or some such. That is a dismissive and highly insulting attitude to take with a fellow Jets fans.

    Plus a more accurate read on what it is really saying might be "I cannot defend my position adequately so I am going to cover my ears and not listen to what you have to say".

    My own two cents for what it is worth is that Pennington was (and is) flawed and for better or worse he needed to part company with the Jets. It looks like the move was good for Chad who really was never as bad as some on here would myopically like to have others believe. Even now those people would rather die than admit Chad is having a good season and/or that Chad can be effective in the right situration. given the list of team we have beaten and the list that Miami has beaten a case could be made for Miami to be better than us by year's end. Maybe.

    I hated the Favre move because I thought him an aging gunslinger who was more than a bit of a drama queen and whose normal M.O. was not the 2007 Favre, but rather the 2005 and 2006 Favre's. Some highs but buckets of stupidly bad decisions leading directly to losses or games that should never have been that close.

    This is pretty much what I had in mind. Some of the high points were better but the lows were pretty bad. Farve has played to my expectations of him.

    Lucky we don't have to listen to distracting media stories about Brett Farve and unrelated to the NY Jets eh?

    It is what it is and there was no viable third choice because Clemens wasn't ready and Radcliff wasn't even a twinkle in the Jets eye at that point. I hated the deal when it was made but it is done and Favre is the starter for however long he chooses to stay.

  10. #10
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Can we all chill out with the loyalty tests? "If you don't like it then go root for...." the Saints or the Giants or some such. That is a dismissive and highly insulting attitude to take with a fellow Jets fans.
    good point...

    fellas, while a win is a win I agree with that, the whole point of this board is to give people a chance to vent, if someone has a different opinion than you that does not make him less or more of a fan

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Typical fans need heroes or scapegoats, they cannot tolerate imperfection, they just don't have the patience for it. They also lack any kind of foresight. What it is, is what it is and that won't change. There's no room for improvement ever. It's that static way of analyzing on the part of fans that's so infuriating for me at times.

    I see a team that is misfiring at times but I see correctable flaws, whether or not it's entirely the coaches fault I cannot say. I think it's a combination, but I also know that teams have a habit of peaking at just the right time and I really think we have the components in place for such a transformation, so I see no need to trash the coaching staff this early in the process.
    Great great thread, slik, right on the money.

  12. #12
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319
    At least this team has the guts to overcome the turnovers and still get a win. That says something to me.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    At least this team has the guts to overcome the turnovers and still get a win. That says something to me.
    Congrats on your come-from-behind victory over the worst football team in the NFL.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,784
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Congrats on your come-from-behind victory over the worst football team in the NFL.
    The same team that the Pats struggled to beat, and did it again yesterday against the Rams.
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 10-27-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: attack

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Congrats on your come-from-behind victory over the worst football team in the NFL.
    The same horrible team that rid us of your faggot-ass QB

    I see Message Board Cancer has returned.

  16. #16
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Congrats on your come-from-behind victory over the worst football team in the NFL.
    Why thank you, a win is a win, isn't it?

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    Only the Jets would bring in a qb who is worse than the qb they already have. Then pay him twice as much money and get nothing in return for the better qb.

    Ugggghhh!

  18. #18
    give us all a break about chad. the only thing anyone can say at this point is that chad's record may have been the same. at the same time maybe the the jets don't win yesterday with chad as qb. favre wasn't getting the protection and that's what caused at least one of the ints. another was caused when stucky broke off his route. so while you can say favre threw that ball therefore it's his fault the simple fact is that some if the ints are team generated. and if you don't like the ints then i guess you don't like the way he can rifle it in even on the short passes and not give the defenders a chance to break on the ball.

    finally chad and the doltfins have been doing a lot with trick plays. see how well the wildcat fares as the season goes on. now i , for one, would like to see more play action.

  19. #19
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Congrats on your come-from-behind victory over the worst football team in the NFL.
    Btw, if you really are a *Pats fan, you're a Jets fan this week!

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,174
    A cynic might view the game as Herman Edwards managing to pull out a come from ahead loss in the 4th quarter.

    Well if this truly be a roller-coaster ride then we are due for a couple of up weeks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us