Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Blog Entry: We're either a good team with bad coaching, or a bad team with bad co

All Jets 24/7

New Blog Entry: We're either a good team with bad coaching, or a bad team with bad co

That's it, those are your two options.* At this point, there's no way to justify good coaching.The combined record of the Jets past 3 opponents is 3-19.* Yes, 3-19, as in 3 wins, and 19 losses between the 3 of them.* In terms of scoring defenses going into this week, they ranked 27th, 24th, and [...]

More...

Hall Of Fame
    And Favre has 9 INT's, take away his INT's against KC, it's probably a blowout, same thing against Cincy, and they win the Oakland game.

This would completely nullify your argument.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And Favre has 9 INT's, take away his INT's against KC, it's probably a blowout, same thing against Cincy, and they win the Oakland game.

So a hypothetical situation completely nullifies what actually happened. Got it.

Banned

Please.

You're not arguing that the coaching has been good. Are you?

All League
    This is either a horrible blog entry or a horrible blog entry. Those are your options, thats it.

Honestly, what completley idiotic, close minded crap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh, and just to reiterate:

...as a defensive coach, has the 20th ranked scoring defense in the league despite more than half the schedule consisting of offenses ranking in the bottom 3rd in scoring (Miami, along with the others)
    ...and, counting the past 3 weeks, the 3 worst scoring offenses IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.

But yeah, that's definitely Favre's fault.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    Please.

You're not arguing that the coaching has been good. Are you?
    We've already narrowed Ray Ray down to being Mangini's mother or Mangini himself.

The Jets could trade for every superstar in the league, go 0-16, and Ray would still defend Mangini. He's a joke, don't waste your time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post

...and, counting the past 3 weeks, the 3 worst scoring offenses IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.

At the same time we lead the leauge in sacks and have the 4th ranked run D. Yea, our pass D is struggling. But you cannot tell me that the D has not looked dominating a times this season. Right now they have to mantain that, but the D has been stellar at times.

We could have easily beat the Rairders. There is a difference between "cant" beat the Raiders and "DIDNT" beat the Raiders.

The Giants beat the Bengals in OT at home. The Redskins and Boys lost to the Rams. The Broncos lost to the Cheifs. Yea, the Pats game sucked. The Bills squeaked out a win against the raiders AT HOME on a last second field goal. The Chargers game? Look around the leauge and show me how other teams are doing traveling coast to coast. And our best defensive player was hurt in that game.

Our coaching might not have done a great job so far, but it's been far from horrendous. Teams all over the leauge are struggling agaisnt the same teams we've struggled against.

Hall Of Fame

When you turn the ball over, it changes momentum, it gives a team confidence, the team turning the ball over loses field position. Then you factor in the pick 6's or the fumbles that resulted in a TD, which Favre has done several times.

Do you actually watch the games?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    We've already narrowed Ray Ray down to being Mangini's mother or Mangini himself.

The Jets could trade for every superstar in the league, go 0-16, and Ray would still defend Mangini. He's a joke, don't waste your time.
    And it appears he's found a Robin to his Batman.

Hall Of Fame

Don't mimic PatsFanTx, we already have one overly obsessed jackass retard on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Don't mimic PatsFanTx, we already have one overly obsessed jackass retard on this board.
    PFT > you.

Just accept it.

Hall Of Fame
    PFT > you.

Just accept it.
    Sure, if that makes you feel better.

So with Cowher being your choice in 09, who is your choice in 10?

Hall Of Fame
    Sure, if that makes you feel better.

So with Cowher being your choice in 09, who is your choice in 10?
    If the Jets bring in Cowher next year, and Favre returns, I don't care who coach is in 2010 because we will have won a SB

I completely agree RJF. I can not understand how any objective Jets fan can defend Eric Mangini. If this was the coach of any team in our division those same fans would ridicule those coaches to no end. Our performance blows on the field. I dont have my numbers in front of me, but I did them this morning and our supposed high powered offense is only scoring something like 7% more than the norms our opponents allow and those stats are completely inflated by the Arizona game. Defensively is just terrible. I think we are close to the 20% above the oppositions norm category. We just suck. If we played the harder part of our schedule to being the year we would be 1-6 or 2-5 right now. If its indeed the players than the GM who everyone loves better be sent packing as well. Unless Mangini straightens this out its only a matter of time before the Can-gini signs start popping up in December.

All League
    OK, so lets give one of them the benefit of the doubt.

Favre...greatest QB in NFL history, won Super Bowl, MVPs, has a reputation for trying to do too much to will his team to victory, stood up and has requested blame for some shortfalls this year;

or

Boy wonder...grossly promoted beyond his competence level, has not won a playoff game, has a reputation for over analyzing opponents in order to trick them (not necessarily beat them), has not stood up and accepted blame for anything that has occurred since he was hired.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    I completely agree RJF. I can not understand how any objective Jets fan can defend Eric Mangini. If this was the coach of any team in our division those same fans would ridicule those coaches to no end. Our performance blows on the field. I dont have my numbers in front of me, but I did them this morning and our supposed high powered offense is only scoring something like 7% more than the norms our opponents allow and those stats are completely inflated by the Arizona game. Defensively is just terrible. I think we are close to the 20% above the oppositions norm category. We just suck. If we played the harder part of our schedule to being the year we would be 1-6 or 2-5 right now. If its indeed the players than the GM who everyone loves better be sent packing as well. Unless Mangini straightens this out its only a matter of time before the Can-gini signs start popping up in December.
    I just can't get over the stat you posted last week, about how the vaunted, new-look Jets defense is allowing every opponent to score more points than their season average. Against teams like the Bengals, Raiders, and Chiefs, that's inexcusable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    Oy vey, you're right.

I couldn't even believe it when I looked up the rankings. The 3 worst offenses, and the 24th, 27th, and 28th ranked defenses. Unbelievable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Against teams like the Bengals, Raiders, and Chiefs, that's inexcusable.
    Link for dramatic effect:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2008

I've sorted this by PPG already. Scroll to the bottom. Our dominant D held only 1 of these 3 pathetic teams below their average, and has the 20th ranked scoring D in the league, despite 4 of the teams on the schedule being ranked 22 and lower.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 10-27-2008 at 02:09 PM.

All League
    Link for dramatic effect:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2008

I've sorted this by PPG already. Scroll to the bottom.
    Yowza.

That says it all right there. Mangini gets all his toys--a true NT, a stud pass-rusher, a #2 CB...and yet here we are.