Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Week Is A Must Win!!!

Undrafted Free Agent

This Week Is A Must Win!!!

and here's why after this wekk there will be a three way tie for 1ST place if we win i'm betting coin that indy beats the pats so if this all goes well we will all be sitting on 5-3 then 2 weeks later at the pats i think we have this game marked with a big bullseye if we can somehow start getting pressure to the qb maybe just maybe by week 11 we can be sitting in 1st in the easT!!!!\

thoughts please why no pressure on qb????????? if we can pressure we are a top 5 defense

Veteran
    we can beat the bills, not being a homer but i think this jet team is very good, we needed some time to gel, and we did just that, thankfully with the favorable schd, we managed to get to 4-3 and with a very average AFC this season we can be in good shape with a win sunday, not only is it a huge win just because its a division win but it would be a great confidence booster, Favre is getting in sync with his WR now and seems to be arite, besides the stupid mistakes on passes but with Baker and possibly Franks back this week, we will see a lot of the run because the Bills are volunerable against the run.

Our RUN DEF is stellar, and thats why Buffalo does best, so if we can get pressure on Edwards and not let him pick us apart like he did last year in his first start, tihs will be a great game.

Hall Of Fame
    Every week is a must win!!!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by njjetfan80 View Post
    thoughts please why no pressure on qb????????? if we can pressure we are a top 5 defense
    We are currently 3rd in the league in sacks with 24. I think it is our secondary that needs to step it up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Rot View Post
    We are currently 3rd in the league in sacks with 24. I think it is our secondary that needs to step it up.
    It seems that way, but a lot of the sacks have been coverage sacks. Thigpen had a lot of time to throw on Sunday, even if the defense did have 4 sacks.

All Pro
    this week is an absolute must win....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Rot View Post
    I completely agree that the main problem in our defense is our passive secondary. Is it three games now without an interception?!?! That's downright B-A-D, especially with Mangini's specialty being defensive backs. Our pass defense is ranked 23rd in the league!

In the Pats, Raiders, Chargers, and even last Sunday's game against KC -- the short passes killed us especially on third down. Who cares if we can stop the run when Tyler Thigpen and Ryan Fitzpatrick have career days against us...
    Thigpen: 25-36, 69.4%, 280 passing yards, 2 TDs
    Fitzpatrick: 20-33, 60.6%, 152 passing yards, 1 Rush TD

If we can't pick off these guys who have 9 INTs to date on the season, then there is a huge, huge problem.

Short passes eat up the clock and sustain long drives that wear down the defense. Mangini needs to instill some aggressive swagger into this secondary because they have been playing similarly to the way he acts on the field and in press conferences -- emotionless.
    Last edited by dassin; 10-28-2008 at 02:40 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    we can beat the bills, not being a homer but i think this jet team is very good, we needed some time to gel, and we did just that, thankfully with the favorable schd, we managed to get to 4-3 and with a very average AFC this season we can be in good shape with a win sunday, not only is it a huge win just because its a division win but it would be a great confidence booster, Favre is getting in sync with his WR now and seems to be arite, besides the stupid mistakes on passes but with Baker and possibly Franks back this week, we will see a lot of the run because the Bills are volunerable against the run.

Our RUN DEF is stellar, and thats why Buffalo does best, so if we can get pressure on Edwards and not let him pick us apart like he did last year in his first start, tihs will be a great game.

this has what has killed us in the past, first mcgahee then lynch, we should be able to control that. schoebel has killed d'brick but he may be out. one of their receivers is out. we need to win the turnover battle and get some pressure on edwards and we walk out of buffalo 5-3.

Rookie
    This is an absolute must win. Division game and a chance at a 3 way tie. This game will define the season. Mangini better have his A game and have these guys well prepared.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The rest of the games are must win games........

Rookie
    I agree that we can stop the Bills running but that can throw just as well or better than Fitzpatrick, Cassel and Thigpen......God thats ugly. We need to get better in coverage with the LB's and DB's. Take away the run and the Bills will be vulnerable. Miller should be able to take away Evans for the most part, that will leave Lowery against Hardy and he has been playing well but the size difference makes me nervous.

I think it would be better jamming him at the line and giving our front 7 a head start on Edwards. If we have constant pressure and are in the backfield all day.....Buffalo loses 2 straight in the division!

That would be huge.......As it stands I think we are 6th in the AFC and that is not to bad for the way we have gotten to this point. Now we need to capitolize on this and take control instead of playing into the competition!

All Pro
    We can afford to lose roughly three more games this season if we're going to the playoffs.

We can afford to lose roughly 1, maybe 2 games if we're going to win the division.

To me, this game is only "must" win if we can't beat the Patriots in Foxboro (but to be honest, I like our chances better against the Bills).

Veteran
    i think ive heard that for the past 3 weeks

All League
    Not fer nuthin, but the Colts look bad. I doubt they'll beat the Pats.

Buffalo's had our number recently.

Besides, this is what the Jets do. Lose to OAK, make you feel like the season's over. Win vs KC, and you get a glimmer of hope. So they'll lose to BUF, seasons over. Beat STL, glimmer of hope. Lose to NE, season over. And so on, and so on.....
    Last edited by Big L; 10-28-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Veteran
    The Offensive line and secondary must STEP UP.
    If we play like the last two games, we have no chance.

All Pro
    A loss Sunday would definitely be a big blow for a shot at the division title. We would still be in the thick of things for the wild card record-wise, but all these in-conference losses are concerning.

I really don't see us winning this game. I don't see how we can beat a very good Bills team in a hostile environment playing like this team has played thus far. We would need to play a complete game, which hasn't been done yet this season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    The Offensive line and secondary must STEP UP.
    If we play like the last two games, we have no chance.

Favre has 9 turnovers in the last 3 games. Perhaps he might want to step up also

All Pro
    I know we are struggling but Buffalo is a team that doesn't really scare the crap out of everybody. They barely beat Oakland at home, lost at Miami and barely beat a bad Chargers team at home...

All Pro
    We need to win our next 3 games period to have any chance of winning the division. If we lose to the Bills and then again to the Pats It's over.

Practice Squad
    if we lose we will have an awful hard time making the playoffs,we will be 4-4 and we still have to play the titans,broncos,bills pats and dolphins again. would have to go 3-2 against that group to have any shot