Thread: Forget Hall, I want Walker!

Undrafted Free Agent

Forget Hall, I want Walker!

If Walker becomes available we should snatch him up. Favre knows him and he would be the tall burner we desperately need!

All Pro
    Don't get caught up in the name. He hasn't done crap since 2006.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Favre made him, let's see if he could resurrect his career. If the price is right of course.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    No WR has a chance to succeed right now with the Raiders. I'd be willing to give Walker a shot. If he did have anything left, we wouldnt know as WR's look dead when playing for the Silver and back. I realize he was down even before going to the Raiders this year but he was hurt and still recovering from the Denver tragedy. He and Favre have had success together and he still has speed.

Hall Of Fame
    He hasn't been the same since Darrent Williams died in his arms. Plus, Oakland gave him a redunkulous contract this off-season and some of you seem to forget one thing: we have no cap room.

All Pro
    Wasn't he about to retire if not for Crazy Al Davis convincing him to return? I think he's just about done.

Banned
    Walker is finished. The knee injury caused him to lose a few steps which killed his ability to get separation downfield. Al Davis's all-time boneheaded insane move was to give this guy superstar money. No need for the Jets to get this guy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
    Wasn't he about to retire if not for Crazy Al Davis convincing him to return? I think he's just about done.
    You're right. More proof that Al Davis belongs in Bellevue. Walker wanted to spare him the embarassment of having an ultra-high priced washed up bust receiver on his team and Crazy Al said no thanks, go out there and scrub it up publicly.

All Pro
    It wouldn't hurt to invite him in to see if he still has anything left. I'm sure the coaches will be able to tell from practice if the guy is washed up or still able to go.

Practice Squad
    Walker was and is an injured, self-centered player wioth lots of head problems. Not a good fit for the Jets who are developing chemistry and team first attitude. Remember Brett said he did not care about stats (about a million times) just wins. Walker is very selfish.

Hall Of Fame
    No to Javon Walker. He is a cancer in the locker room and isn't the elite receiver he used to be.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkin79 View Post
    If Walker becomes available we should snatch him up. Favre knows him and he would be the tall burner we desperately need!
    Forget that.... I want Calvin Johnson.... or Braylon Edwards if they becomes available!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Starkweather; 11-05-2008 at 09:34 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired in B'sA's View Post
    Walker was and is an injured, self-centered player wioth lots of head problems. Not a good fit for the Jets who are developing chemistry and team first attitude. Remember Brett said he did not care about stats (about a million times) just wins. Walker is very selfish.
    Couldnt agree more....just today there was an article in the post about how great the locker room chemistry is. Walker is not a team guy, complains, and more importantly doesnt produce. If clowney isnt ready to contribute, no way injured, bad attitude walker would be able to for our team....and at a much greater risk. No way...

Veteran
    The last team Walker would want to come to in the NFL is the NY Jets. Doesn't anyone remember when Javon held out of TC in 05 and got yelled at to come back by Favre. Then in the first game of the season he gets injured. I'm pretty sure he has some bad feelings toward Favre, because after the season he wanted to get traded and wound up in Denver.

Practice Squad
    Yes, Favre "made" Walker, but #4 also gave JWalk a ticket out of town (Titletown, that is.) JWalk is a "slow learner" (he has some kind of learning disability) and NEVER could learn his routes correctly. The final straw (for Favre) came in an OT loss to the Eagles in the 2004 playoffs. JWalk was supposed to run a deep post, but cut off his route. Favre read the blitz, dodged the free LB and threw the ball deep. (Actually, the play looked similar to the int Favre threw in the KC game, when Cotch stopped running and Favre threw to "nobody".) 2004 had been a breakout year for the physically talented JWalk and he threatened to hold out for a big contract in 2005. Favre publicly urged him to return to camp, which a lot of players weren't happy with. But Favre also knew that JWalk wasn't the elite WR the GB organization needed him to be. JWalk got hurt and was gone the next year.

And what has he done since leaving GB?

Whether he's lost a step or not, he's still the same guy who wouldn't work with his position coaches and his QB. Sure, when his QB has 4 or 5 seconds in the pocket to see where JWalk will be, he's a deep threat. But Favre and the Jets don't need a WR who can't/won't make the effort to get on the same page with is QB in reacting to blitzes, refuses to block and quits on routes when he thinks he's not the go-to guy.
    Last edited by Fan4Life; 11-05-2008 at 11:16 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    Forget that.... I want Calvin Johnson.... or Braylon Edwards if they becomes available!!!!!!!
    See, now that's something I could agree with!