Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Sign Ty Law as per NFL Network (merged)

Undrafted Free Agent

Exclamation Jets Sign Ty Law as per NFL Network (merged)

Just saw on NFLN Adam Shefter reported that Ty Law signed withe the Jets for 1 year???????

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

WOW. Good signing IMO

Undrafted Free Agent

Jets Sign Ty Law as per NFL Network (merged)

Just announced on NFL Network by Adam Schefter. Obviously no link. Says he's expected to play Thursday.
    Last edited by bepezz; 11-10-2008 at 06:08 PM.

All League
    Half the board called it two months ago. Heh, I think this speaks of total lack of faith in everyone not named Revis, Lowery, or Poteat.

All Pro
    Its Belichick

All Pro
    haha

Keep upgrading the talent level

All League
    when is the last time this guy has played?

Linkee- link:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/10/jets-sign-cb-law/
    Jets sign CB Law

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Darrelle Revis, New York Jets, Ty Law

Not that Thursday nights New York-New England clash needed any extra juice, but it just got some.

Free-agent cornerback Ty Law reached agreement Monday with the Jets on a one-year deal, and is expected to play Thursday night against the Patriots.

This is going to be different playing Thursday night against the Patriots, matching up against my former team and the players Im used to practicing against, Law said as he was packing in Boston to drive to New York only to return to Boston again on Wednesday.

I know theyre going to throw at me, but I welcome the challenge bring it. I got the tricks for you.

It is the latest chapter in the border war between New York and New England. Those were the two teams that continued to pursue Law throughout the off-season. The Patriots remained in contract with Law up until Monday, and the Saints weighed in to see if they could lure Law to New Orleans. But Law opted Monday to play with New York, where his first game back with the Jets will be against the Patriots.

I just feel better about this and the direction this team is going and how they welcomed me, said Law, who spent the 2005 season with the Jets. I wanted to be somewhere I wanted.

Law definitely is wanted in New York, where he will be a teammate of Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who grew up in the same town as Law Aliquippa, Pennsylvania and Revis viewed him as a mentor.

Thats my little boy, said the 34-year-old Law. Ive watched him grow up and to be able to help him now, itll be a good deal. Hes wearing No. 22, and hes representing me. Hes a stud, and its going to be more of a pleasure to watch him grow.

Law also will have the chance to grow. The Jets told him they will use him at cornerback, but also experiment some with him at safety. It is something Law has watched some of the games great defensive backs do, and he is anxious to be on the field, despite missing all of camp and the first nine weeks of the NFL season.

The Jets are going to move me around, make me a corner-slash-safety, a corner hybrid, Law said. A lot of guys move back inside and play. Eric (Mangini, the Jets head coach) will do some creative things with me and Ill get to mentor Darrelle.

who did we cut?

Veteran
    Hell, I'll take it...can't hurt, put him at nickle cover the slot...Sure he's lost a bunch of steps but i bet he can still cover in zone.

Veteran
    Hopefully he can help us with those short slants.

do u guys think its wise to mess with the chemistry of the secondary at this point. i know were not doing well on pass defense statisticaly ... but the team is starting to gel right now, is this a good idea?

Veteran
    Thats my little boy, said the 34-year-old Law. Ive watched him grow up and to be able to help him now, itll be a good deal. Hes wearing No. 22, and hes representing me. Hes a stud, and its going to be more of a pleasure to watch him grow.

Is Revis giving 24 to Law?

Oh god...

do you guys think we cut miller?

If he can still play then our secondary just got a heck of a lot better...

All Pro
    Great Signing. Lowery really needs a year to learn.

Veteran
    When is the last time that guy played? Why would Mangini tell him he's playing Thursday after no camp, no practice, no nothing? How do the other players feel about that seeing they busted their butts all offseason and in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsrule128 View Post
    who did we cut?
    Assuming Nugent can kick again, the logical cut is Feely.