Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pats Fans view of Mangini

Practice Squad

Pats Fans view of Mangini

Almost 18 months after "Spygate", it appears that virtually every Patriots fan has decided that the crime was not BB cheating and violating league rules that he was literally reminded about directly in a letter...but the crime was Mangini "telling" on him. A true "mob" mentality.

I think it is kind of sad that a fan base that has been so fortunate over the last few years still has this inferiority complex about their team. Instead of simply admitting that he violated league rules and moving on, they like to point to Mangini as a traitor to the clandestine activities of his mentor.

Please...if you are a Pats fan look in the mirror and understand that if he didn't cheat, no one could have "turned him in".

Hall Of Fame
    I live in NE and it'd exactly as you say it is.

There isn't ANYONE I've dealt with up here that doesn't think Mangini is a scumbag if their a Patsy fan. They'll say anything they can to make it look like Mangini is the wrong one here.

As if the Jets were supposed to just keep our mouths shut and allow the Patsies to continue to cheat?

NE fans are the worst ****-for-brains I've ever seen..........

All League
    It's bizarre...their vitriol knows no bounds. They absolutely despise him. Their posts (patsfans.com) this week are focused on their collective hate of Mangini/Jets, & Ty Law's signing. They're counting on BB to pull a rabbit out of his hat & somehow find a way to win Thurs night.

As a Pats fan, I think that BOTH are true. Pats cheated and were in the wrong AND Mangini is a traitorous douche.

The Patriots got what they deserved. But I would have felt a lot better about the way it came out if the whistleblower was a known assbag like, say, Bill Polian, than a former insider whose rapid rise to an HC position was assisted -- at least in part -- by the very same methods he apparently later whined about to NFL security.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    It's bizarre...their vitriol knows no bounds. They absolutely despise him. Their posts (patsfans.com) this week are focused on their collective hate of Mangini/Jets, & Ty Law's signing. They're counting on BB to pull a rabbit out of his hat & somehow find a way to win Thurs night.
    Um... Week 2.

Not exactly a rabbit out of the hat given his track record vs. Mangini's Jets.

I don't care what the Pats fans are talking about, I just want the win. A Jets win is the only basis for them needing to shut up... if they own us yet again, they can talk all the **** they want. It's bad sportsmanship, and relatively pathetic... but its their right, until we take it from them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Unfortunately, there's no "somehow" about it. Bill Bellichick has OWNED this team. We've lost 13 out of our last 15 to the Patsies. Is that not domination?

It's OUR job to go into NE and TAKE what is rightfully ours...........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Unfortunately, there's no "somehow" about it. Bill Bellichick has OWNED this team. We've lost 13 out of our last 15 to the Patsies. Is that not domination?

It's OUR job to go into NE and TAKE what is rightfully ours...........

You had better do it Thursday because its the best chance you will get in the near future (3 - 5 years)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    As a Pats fan, I think that BOTH are true. Pats cheated and were in the wrong AND Mangini is a traitorous douche.

The Patriots got what they deserved. But I would have felt a lot better about the way it came out if the whistleblower was a known assbag like, say, Bill Polian, than a former insider whose rapid rise to an HC position was assisted -- at least in part -- by the very same methods he apparently later whined about to NFL security.
    Let me ask you something.........

If you are given a chance to do something with your life that you probably NEVER believed you would be capable of doing, and you KNEW that your boss was doing something ILLEGAL, are you honestly going to bite the hand that feeds you? **** no, you would keep your mouth shut.

NOW, if you leave that employer and suddenly you have been catapulted up to the very same level your employer once was, are you HONESTLY going to let your employer get away with the stupidity and arrogance of trying the very same cheating tactics on you?

It's your JOB to win football games. If this A$$HOLE is stealing signs, well, it makes it kind of hard for you to succeed at your job, now doesn't it?

Oh, OK, I understand. I'm supposed to just keep my mouth shut and allow it to happen?

Sorry, but Mangini's not stupid and don't think you can pass him off as stupid. He did what he HAD to do to ensure he had a chance when he was playing the Patsies.

When he was employed by the Patsies, he did what he HAD to do to stay employed.........

Veteran

If Mangini doesn't use those methods any more, and Bellichick had the brass nuts to actually use tape against him, and Mangini doesn't call him on it, wouldn't Mangini be a "righteous *****" in Pats fans eyes? Like, he is "now moralistic" but "doesn't have the nuts to call out cheating that is hindering his team"?

If Mangini still used those techniques AND called Bellichick out, you have a point - but at the same time, the only justifiable response is that if there was no cheating, there would be no calling out.

As a Jets fan, I'd be supremely disappointed in my coach if he illegally taped players WITH THE JETS. I would not despise those who called him on it and found him to be actually guilty, even if they were cheaters themselves. I want my coach not to cheat; I want our wins to be earned. Im not proud of his past shooting those videos, but as long as he hasn't sullied the Jets and their wins, I don't care.

If Mangini doesn't cheat now and hasn't with the Jets, why wouldn't any fan want him to call out someone who is cheating against the Jets?

Two drug dealers who work a school parking lot are lowlife scumbags. One becomes a born-again Christian. When the second one (whos still a dealer) starts pushing at the school where the first one's son goes to school, wouldn't you expect him to call the second one on it? Would you expect him to stand by and do nothing? NO. A ***** would do nothing.

A man who has any character at all probably has enemies and places he is not welcome. Someone's sig says this ( I forget who). It is very true.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    If Mangini doesn't use those methods any more, and Bellichick had the brass nuts to actually use tape against him, and Mangini doesn't call him on it, wouldn't Mangini be a "righteous *****" in Pats fans eyes? Like, he is "now moralistic" but "doesn't have the nuts to call out cheating that is hindering his team"?

If Mangini still used those techniques AND called Bellichick out, you have a point - but at the same time, the only justifiable response is that if there was no cheating, there would be no calling out.

As a Jets fan, I'd be supremely disappointed in my coach if he illegally taped players WITH THE JETS. I would not despise those who called him on it and found him to be actually guilty, even if they were cheaters themselves. I want my coach not to cheat; I want our wins to be earned. Im not proud of his past shooting those videos, but as long as he hasn't sullied the Jets and their wins, I don't care.

If Mangini doesn't cheat now and hasn't with the Jets, why wouldn't any fan want him to call out someone who is cheating against the Jets?

Two drug dealers who work a school parking lot are lowlife scumbags. One becomes a born-again Christian. When the second one (whos still a dealer) starts pushing at the school where the first one's son goes to school, wouldn't you expect him to call the second one on it? Would you expect him to stand by and do nothing? NO. A ***** would do nothing.

A man who has any character at all probably has enemies and places he is not welcome. Someone's sig says this ( I forget who). It is very true.
    Mangini tried to steal the Patriots playbook and hire Patriot employees while still being paid by Mr.Kraft. I think you can save the whole born again Christian B.S.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    Mangini tried to steal the Patriots playbook and hire Patriot employees while still being paid by Mr.Kraft. I think you can save the whole born again Christian B.S.
    Reading comprehension:

Where, in this article, did I say Mangini was a born again christian?

I made the analogy relevant to the drug dealers.

I also said I didn't like Mangini's past.

Mangini has not sullied the Jets wins.

Bellichick Has.

However, since the NFL couldn't give two ****s, This doesn't matter.

So, save your mistaken correlation between Mangini and a Born Again Christian, (which he is not),

what part of what I said was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Let me ask you something.........

If you are given a chance to do something with your life that you probably NEVER believed you would be capable of doing, and you KNEW that your boss was doing something ILLEGAL, are you honestly going to bite the hand that feeds you? **** no, you would keep your mouth shut.

NOW, if you leave that employer and suddenly you have been catapulted up to the very same level your employer once was, are you HONESTLY going to let your employer get away with the stupidity and arrogance of trying the very same cheating tactics on you?

It's your JOB to win football games. If this A$$HOLE is stealing signs, well, it makes it kind of hard for you to succeed at your job, now doesn't it?

Oh, OK, I understand. I'm supposed to just keep my mouth shut and allow it to happen?

Sorry, but Mangini's not stupid and don't think you pass him off as stupid. He did what he HAD to do to ensure he had a chance when he was playing the Patsies.

When he was employed by the Patsies, he did what he HAD to do to stay employed.........
    I don't mean to be flip here, but what was Mangini's record against the Pats before the whistleblowing? How about after? And if the signal stealing was such a big deal, why didn't he do what you are saying he had to do when he first took the job with the Jets? The answer, IMHO, is that it had less to do with what he needed to do in the interests of the team and more to do with gamesmanship against his former employer.
    Last edited by AFCEastFan; 11-11-2008 at 11:07 PM.

All League
    I don't mean to be flip here, but what was Mangini's record against the Pats before the whistleblowing? How about after? And if the signal stealing was such a big deal, why didn't he do what you are saying he had to do when he first took the job with the Jets? The answer, IMHO, is that it had less to do with what he needed to do in the interests of the team and more to do with gamesmanship against his former employer.
    because he figured (hoped) Belichick would cut it out and he wouldnt have to open his mouth. By the way Mangini was not the first to complain to the league about this. and to anyone who says stealing signs is not a big deal, well then you have to answer...

why do steal signs even after the league warns you? why do you continue to do something that you will be severly punished for if its of no use?

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    because he figured (hoped) Belichick would cut it out and he wouldnt have to open his mouth. By the way Mangini was not the first to complain to the league about this. and to anyone who says stealing signs is not a big deal, well then you have to answer...

why do steal signs even after the league warns you? why do you continue to do something that you will be severly punished for if its of no use?
    What is your basis for the bolded statement? As for the rest of your post, I will say again that the Patriots cheated (repeatedly) and got what they deserved. But other teams knew about it, other teams complained to the league, yet only Mangini (of all people) is the one who escalated the complaints. Like I said, if it's Bill Polian or some other outsider, fine. But it is douchebaggery of the highest order when it comes from an insider who (a) reached his HC position in part by benefitting from the illegal methods used by his former team; and (b) unless you have a link or other basis for the statement I bolded, apparently blew the whistle not out of a sense of moral duty or to promote the best interests of his team (otherwise he would have done it immediately upon joining the Jets), but merely to "stick it" to his former employer as an act of gamesmanship.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post

Link or it didn't happen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe Mangini wouldn't have blown the whistle if BB didn't essentially treat him like dirt for the crime of taking an HC position with the Jets, immediately locking him out of the building, and say what you will, try to rationalize it, but that is hardly the act of a friend, that is the act of a total scumbag, and then before Mangini even unpacked his bags in NY Belichick, his so-called friend according to you, was already filing tampering charges against Mangini with the league, so the scumbag fired the first salvo in terms of whistle-blowing as well

But none of that ever occurs to you guys
    Mangini and Belli weren't "friends". Belichick was Eric's mentor. Without Bill, Eric would still be breaking down film in some dark room at 2 am. Belichick nurtured Mangini who was essentially a waterboy when Bill took him under his wing, taught him, and brought him along up the coaching ladder. Word is, they were very close and Bill considered Eric to be family. When Fatgenius left abruptly, for the hated rival Jets without warning, Bill took it personally and locked him out. Dumbgenius ratted him out for revenge, forgetting his debt to his mentor. Thus the hate folks....and yes, the spying thing sucks and is a stain on an otherwise remarkable dynasty, but it doesn't negate it as much as you all wish it would.
    Last edited by Vinny Patrollie; 11-11-2008 at 11:56 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    Mangini and Belli weren't "friends". Belichick was Eric's mentor. Without Bill, Eric would still be breaking down film in some dark room at 2 am. Belichick nurtured Mangini who was essentially a waterboy when Bill took him under his wing, taught him, and brought him along up the coaching ladder. Word is, they were very close and Bill considered Eric to be family. When Fatgenius left abruptly, for the hated rival Jets without warning, Bill took it personally and locked him out. Dumbgenius ratted him out for revenge, forgetting his debt to his mentor. Thus the hate folks....and yes, the spying thing sucks and is a stain on an otherwise remarkable dynasty, but it doesn't negate it as much as you all wish it would.
    How could Mangini accept a paycheck and look the fans in the eyes knowing that a rival team was cheating the entire Jets franchise? Mangini's a hero for turning that cheating bastard in.

All Pro
    Hey, that Charlie Weis fellow has really proven himself to be an offensive genius at ND without the extra help, huh ??

I guess he figured if ND's a school, it must have an Audio-Visual Department.

I wonder if the good Fathers in South Bend would like a mulligan on that 10 year contract they gave to him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    How could Mangini accept a paycheck and look the fans in the eyes knowing that a rival team was cheating the entire NFL and destroying the integrity of the game? Mangini's a hero for turning that cheating bastard in.
    Fixed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    How could Mangini accept a paycheck and look the fans in the eyes knowing that a rival team was cheating the entire Jets franchise? Mangini's a hero for turning that cheating bastard in.
    Ok, in your mind he's a hero. To Pat's fan's he's an ungrateful scumbag and your team's Achilles heel. He's way over his head and maybe you all will realize it after your disappointing end to this potential once in a lifetime season.