Thread: Jets Lead NFL in Scoring

Undrafted Free Agent

Jets Lead NFL in Scoring

The Jets are number one with 323 points. The Giants are second with 292 points.

If anybody said last year at this time that the Giants were going to win the Superbowl, people would have said you’re nuts. The odds would have been much better that Manning would be tarred, feathered and run out of town. If you said a year ago that the Jets would lead the NFL in scoring in a year, people would have just laughed at you and rightfully so. We really are experiencing something special.

I doubt this has ever happened before this late in the season; that is, the Jets and Giants leading the league.

Like Parcells always said, you are what the scoreboard says you are.

My hats off to the team and the organization and that's something I've rarely said over the years. With only one more year left at this stadium, perhaps our greatest moment is ahead of us.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec999 View Post

If anybody said last year at this time that the Giants were going to win the Superbowl, people would have said you’re nuts. The odds would have been much better that Manning would be tarred, feathered and run out of town. If you said a year ago that the Jets would lead the NFL in scoring in a year, people would have just laughed at you and rightfully so. We really are experiencing something special.

I doubt this has ever happened before this late in the season; that is, the Jets and Giants leading the league.

My hats off to the team and the organization and that's something I've rarely said over the years. With only one more year left at this stadium, perhaps our greatest moment is ahead of us.

I think the GIANTS points don't include todays game...Jets are No. 2

All Pro
    Sorry,,Giants had 292 before their game today.

We're still secod.

Banned

The Giants number you got didn't include their game today, they are #1 with 329 points...#2 still ain't bad though .

Banned
    Please lock to protect sec999 from oncoming abuse.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Like Parcells always said, you are what YOUR RECORD says you are.
    Fixed for accuracy.

Tuna couldn't care less about leading the league in scoring.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I guess I should have started off saying, as of 4 PM...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... as the team record is what tuna talked about & what is all that matters ...

1986 11 games in

NYG ... 9-2

NYJ ... 10-1

l_j_r