Kris Jenkins >>>>> Albert Haynesworth

I think today proved it.

Read it B*TCH!!!! REEEEEAD IT!!!!

Veteran
    Jenkins for DMVP!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    Jenkins for DMVP!!!
    How can you deny how he changed this defense single handedly.

Banned
    Jenkins for DMVP!!!
    By the way...
    Chris Johnson 197 lbs.
    Kris Jenkins 350 lbs. (at least)

I think Chris Johnson is hurting tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    How many Nts you see make a tackle five yards downfield after they run the play away from him?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    How can you deny how he changed this defense single handedly.
    Exactly. Anyone who watched the Jets last year can see the difference between the Jets of 07 and 08 is big Jenkins. With Robertson we couldn't stop anybody. Now with Jenkins top 5 in rush defense. I really hope he gets the respect he deserves when it comes time to vote.

Despite the Titans fan saying Jenkins isn't on Haynesworth level, Jenkins proved today he was. Phil Simms said during the game that it was clear that Jenkins was the best defensive player on the field.
    He had a way better impact than Haynesworth did today, the Jets were able to take him out of the game. Haynesworth made 1 good play all game I think.

I woudn't go crazy and say he's way better... Haynesworth was pretty damn good despite the loss and he's good at not only stopping the run but getting to the qb. He's probably better at getting to the qb than jenkins... that being said, in our defense i would take jenkins over him because i don't think anyone is better at clogging the middle than jenkins. (and if somebody is, it can't be by much...)

All Pro
    What a thing of beauty seeing him completely toss Mawae aside off of him and making a tackle.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I woudn't go crazy and say he's way better... Haynesworth was pretty damn good despite the loss and he's good at not only stopping the run but getting to the qb. He's probably better at getting to the qb than jenkins... that being said, in our defense i would take jenkins over him because i don't think anyone is better at clogging the middle than jenkins. (and if somebody is, it can't be by much...)
    I'm pretty sure the Leon Washington had a 61 yard TD run, while on Johnson's almost big run Jenkins was the guy who chased him down.

Jenkins>>>>Haynesworth

PS. Jenkins doesn't stomp on other players faces

Banned
    Or is it Mangold > Mawae.. or maybe both

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VAJET58 View Post
    Or is it Mangold > Mawae.. or maybe both
    Very good point. I'd go with both, although honestly both Mawae and Hayensworth are great players. Speaks volumes about the talent on the Jets doesn't it?

All Pro
    Hell yeah.

Oh, and for the record:

Jets > Titans!

Hall Of Fame
    Don't forget that:

Mangold >>> Mawae

That certainly has something to do with it

I'm pretty sure the Leon Washington had a 61 yard TD run, while on Johnson's almost big run Jenkins was the guy who chased him down.

Jenkins>>>>Haynesworth

PS. Jenkins doesn't stomp on other players faces
    that's my point, nobody stuffs the run like jenkins (stuffs and chases it down)

i wasn't able to see the games but saw some of the hgihlights. jenkins for defensive mvp, no doubt here. the man is playing great and is the single greatest reason the jets are doing so well on defense.

i was listening to some serious homers on weeil around 7 pm. they were steve deossi and fred smerlas. they, of course were crowing about matt cassel and the patsie victory over the doltfins. they also were syaing how good mankins was and how jenkins didn't do much in last weeks game. all i could think was, what a stupid bunch of homers. first for not recognizing how well jenkins can play and second for still thinking that cassel is the second comig of well... tom brady. they made patsfantx sound absolutely sane.