View Poll Results: Is this the best NY Jets team ever assembled?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 15.85%
  • No

69 84.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the best NY Jets team ever assembled?

Undrafted Free Agent

Is this the best NY Jets team ever assembled?

Is this the best NY Jets team ever assembled?

Undrafted Free Agent
    i picked yes ... i thought about this all last night.

we had great players on this team like curtis martin, joe namath, don maynard, ronnie lott, and so on but this may be the best assembled team/roster we ever had

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We have not even clinched a playoff spot yet. Lets not get carried away. Things certainly look good and we should be excited but if our history tells us anything its proceed with caution. I am savoring this one week at a time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    totally agree, we are very well rounded. have a couple big names and a bunch of weapons. every last man on the team is important and i feel we have a lot of depth.

Undrafted Free Agent

It's up there, but...

I can't say that yet. You still have to say that the SB III team was the best ever. All Pro QB, All Pro LT, All Pro RG, All Pro WRs. Philbin, Elliot, Bigs on the line. Sample and Hudson in the DB.

I also liked the mid-80s teams. Sack Exchange on the line. Powell and Ward at Tackles. Alexander at Guard. Fields at Center. McNeil, Walker. And then Buttle, Blinka and Mehl at LB and BoJack, Darrell Ray, Jerry Holmes in the backfield.

Let's give this team a few more weeks. Hopefully, I can say it then...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    We have not even clinched a playoff spot yet. Lets not get carried away. Things certainly look good and we should be excited but if our history tells us anything its proceed with caution. I am savoring this one week at a time.
    believe me i dont wanna get carried away/jinx us ... i am scared to face Denver ... they are well coached and have always been a good football team (that and they are coming off a loss)

BUT on paper this may be the best team ever assembled ..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    I can't say that yet. You still have to say that the SB III team was the best ever. All Pro QB, All Pro LT, All Pro RG, All Pro WRs. Philbin, Elliot, Bigs on the line. Sample and Hudson in the DB.

I also liked the mid-80s teams. Sack Exchange on the line. Powell and Ward at Tackles. Alexander at Guard. Fields at Center. McNeil, Walker. And then Buttle, Blinka and Mehl at LB and BoJack, Darrell Ray, Jerry Holmes in the backfield.

Let's give this team a few more weeks. Hopefully, I can say it then...
    fair enough ... i was young at the that time so i dont know all those players but maybe this thread was a little to premature .... ha sorry but still the intrigue was there so im just looking for some opinions ... thanks again

Hall Of Fame
    People forget about the 1998 team already???

I'll get back to you in late January.

Practice Squad
    1998 was loaded without alot more talent

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis24 View Post
    1998 was loaded without alot more talent
    So was the Mud Bowl team.

Guys, put down the crack pipe. This team hasn't even clinched a playoff berth yet, let alone win a playoff game. Wait until Feb. to make these kind of threads.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jury is still out -but right now the sure are fun to watch

All Pro
    If they win the SB then I say yes. If they can't get the job done then I don't think you can give them that distinction.

Rookie
    Win the big bowl and you have my yes vote.

Veteran
    1968 - that team was loaded with hard working football players that overachieved. Namath was god-like in that era. It's a shame most posters here never got to see Namath in the mid to late 60's. Oh, they also won SB III. Until another Jets team does that, the 1968 team will continue to be the best ever. If the Jets win it this year, and we are way too far from that point to even begin contemplating it, then my answer will change to this year's team. Overall talent around the league is probably better than back in the 60's.

Let's not all get too caught up in what this team has done the past few weeks. It has been as exciting a period in Jets football as we have had in a long time, but there's still lots of football to be played.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    If said is this the best NY Jets team ever assembled not counting the SBIII team I would have said yes, but I can't even have that conversation {With the SBIII team} until they win a championship
    BINGO!

Undrafted Free Agent

I should not have brought this back up but here it goes ....

BTW ... I AM ASHAMED TO HAVE STARTED THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Wishful thinking...
    1. Rex Ryan as HC-strong, defensive mind, well respected, players hopefully will play hard for him. He plays a hybrid 3-4 (sometimes 4-3) at Balt.
    2. He brings in the DC of his choice
    3. Shotty remains OC
    4.. I pray they keep Mike Westhoff
    5. FA's Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis sure up our defense

Where am I going wrong?

Rookie
    Not even close,

We improved since our 4-12 team of 2007, and it became clear that we got the favre of 2006 and not the favre of 2007.

We have some good talent at some positions and some people with potential, I think the talent on this team as a whole is overated.

All League
    I voted no.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I love me some old school peteJets.

-realtalkz-

lol

(teh best part is, the poll is STILL open, lolz)