Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Pittsburgh!

Go Pittsburgh!

Why I am rooting for Pittsburgh? Well because they are playing the Pats and we will increase our lead. Oh yeah, Pittsburgh has the tie breaker, but they have to play a lot of good teams, so after this game I want Pittsburgh to lose. Bottom line is, is that we need to win again and The Pats need to lose more then the we winning and the Steelers lose for now!

Veteran
    I'm with you!! f the Pats!!!

Veteran
    Agree.

Waterboy

Question Should we go for Pitts or NE??

I hate the Pats as much as the next Jets fan, but don't we want them to beat Pittsburgh so we can get into the #2 seed in the AFC. I mean assuming Jets beat Broncos and Pittsburgh loses, the jets are in sole possesion of the #2 seed.http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/im...lies/smile.gif

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mebunn View Post
    I hate the Pats as much as the next Jets fan, but don't we want them to beat Pittsburgh so we can get into the #2 seed in the AFC. I mean assuming Jets beat Broncos and Pittsburgh loses, the jets are in sole possesion of the #2 seed.http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/im...lies/smile.gif
    First things first, we have to WIN THE DIVISION...Pitt beats NE and that helps us in our quest to win the division...we can talk about seedings and 1st rd bye etc...after we clinch the division...

Veteran
    I want the Pats* as far away from the playoff's as possible.... Two reasons. I hate them and their cowardly fans and would like nothing more than to see them cry from the outside looking in.... second... I know we beat them but I still think they hold a mental edge over us. Sooner or later we'll break it, but for now I think I'd rather face any other team in the AFC over them.

Veteran
    All Jets fans should be rooting for Pittsburgh, who cares about the tie breaker right now.. They have tougher games ahead of them... and any sane Jet fan would want the Patriots out of the playoff race as soon as possible... I don't want the Jets to play New England in the playoffs whether it be home or away.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is a total hedge or just faulty thinking.

You either have such a high level of confidence to think we are fighting for the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs OR you think we need help in winning the division.

You cannot believe (and subsequently root for) both scenerios.

If we are a BYE team - Go Pats.

If we are not a BYE team - go Pittsburgh.

You can't have it both ways.

Hall Of Fame
    Kinda like last week with Pats and Fins, I'm just indifferent towards the outcome of the game. Either way one of the teams involved, that could potentially pose a threat to the Jets (albeit in different ways) lose......and one of the teams involved, that could potentially pose a threat to the Jets (albeit in different ways) wins.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRy923 View Post
    All Jets fans should be rooting for Pittsburgh, who cares about the tie breaker right now.. They have tougher games ahead of them... and any sane Jet fan would want the Patriots out of the playoff race as soon as possible... I don't want the Jets to play New England in the playoffs whether it be home or away.
    +1 lets gett pats out of picture, then steelers have tough road ahead where we can pull away from them.

Go Pitt! Division comes first.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    This is a total hedge or just faulty thinking.

You either have such a high level of confidence to think we are fighting for the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs OR you think we need help in winning the division.

You cannot believe (and subsequently root for) both scenerios.

If we are a BYE team - Go Pats.

If we are not a BYE team - go Pittsburgh.

You can't have it both ways.
    Sure you can. Don't tell Donovan McNabb, but wouldn't a tie do the trick?

Rookie
    As long as we keep winning it will all works itself out. My main concern is simply that we win, everything else is gravy.

Worm

Undrafted Free Agent
    root for a tie. I am

All Pro
    2 seed would be nice, but I'd rather see the Pats miss the playoffs...

All Pro
    I don't care either way. We benefit from either team losing, so just sit back and enjoy watching one of these teams lose. Of course our boys need to win Sunday in order for us to enjoy anything.

All Pro
    Gotta go against the Pats. Since the only reason we're winning is because of other teams injuries the perfect scenario is Steelers beat Pats, both teams lose a myriad of players due to minor injury, (Turf Toe, Groin Pulls, hip pointers, god forbid we should wish for any serious injuries). Jets get 1st seed overall & win the AFC championship & then the Superbowl.

Now I understand this scenario is sort of childish on my part but outright cheating just doesn't seem fair, I mean we can no longer MUG the receivers after 5 yards like the Pats did to Indy? NFL changed the rules.

We can't use cameras on the sideline to get the other teams defensive signals? Crap, NFL caught the Pats.

Maybe we'll get lucky & get a tuck type ruling that keeps us in the game only to come back & win it in the 4th quarter!

Or maybe we'll play an entire game without 1 penalty called! Ah, that will never happen!

We just have to figure something out more devious & sinister than Belichick can come up with. Hmm, late hits right after the whistle? There's really not much we can do that hasn't already been done by those Patriots.

I'm sure Mangini will come up with something.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    2 seed would be nice, but I'd rather see the Pats miss the playoffs...
    are you a Jets fan or do you just play one on TV?

Veteran
    simple. Pitt is ahead of us, NE is behind us. gotta root for the Pats.

How great would T-giving day be if the Lions beat TN.

As a Jet fan you should want NE to lose....have you seen the rest of their schedule ??!!...if they beat Pitt they will win the division....their schedule after this week is a joke....