Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We NEED a true #1 WR

Veteran

We NEED a true #1 WR

Its became more evident today.

On every throw none of our RECEIVERS got seperation. The only one who got seperation was Dustin Keller.

Laveranues Coles is on the downside of his career, doesnt have the speed he used to and seems to take himself out of the game.

Jerricho Cotchery is a great #2 possesion receiver but nothing more, they guy is great for YAC yards but wont make any long catches for touchdowns in stride.

We NEED a #1 guy, someone who can torch a defense and take the attention away from our other receivers.

Defenses use single coverage on us all day and we still cant beat it in anyway. We need a true #1 who defenses pay more attention to and make a safety help over the top thus opening the field for our other receivers in Cotchery, Keller, Stuckey, Smith, Coles.

I dont know about receivers that are FA this season but i do know that the draft has the potential to have a few solid #1 guys

1. Michael Crabtree - 6'3 215 - Sophomore
    2. Darrius Heyward-Bey - 6'3 210 - Junior
    3. Jeremy Maclin - 6'2 205 - Sophomore
    4. Kenny Britt - 6'4 215 - Junior

All these guys can declare for the draft and if they do the one guy i really want is Kenny Britt, he's a local guy with a big body, great hands, good speed, and heart.

All League
    This Became evident after the 02 season we have not had a top notch WR here since Key Left and Chrebet kept getting concussed

All Pro
    Im sure well just trade for the second coming of Curtis Conway and Justin McCariens

Veteran
    Forget about Crabtree, he'll be gone in the first hour of the draft. That guy is a very special talent

Practice Squad
    We need our own "MegaTron" aka Calvin Johnson. Even on a bum team Calvin Johnson gets his. Imagine if CJ was on the Jets. Whoa! It's so frustrating watching the Jets passing game this season. Oh, and I hate those damn trick plays the past 2 weeks in row. SUCK! This is not PS3/Xbox 360

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post

All these guys can declare for the draft and if they do the one guy i really want is Kenny Britt, he's a local guy with a big body, great hands, good speed, and heart.

Crabtree would be a dream come true but I have a feeling he will be long gone by the time the Jets can get their dead, lifeless, hands on him.

Veteran
    I agree that Crabtree will be gone in the top 10 picks of the draft but as we have seen the past 2 drafts Tannenbaum is for quality not quantity and i would not be opposed to trading up to get him, the kid is special.

That being said i think Kenny Britt will be there by the time our pick rolls around. I would love to add this kid to our offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Assuming that we pick in the 18-25 range, I'd love Heyward-Bey if he's still around.

A true burner with good size.

I agree that the lack of an explosive WR is really hurting us and it should be a top priority heading into the offseason.

All Pro
    They are definitely going defense first round. CB or LB. Not a WR

All League

On every throw none of our RECEIVERS got seperation. The only one who got seperation was Dustin Keller.

Laveranues Coles is on the downside of his career, doesnt have the speed he used to and seems to take himself out of the game.

Jerricho Cotchery is a great #2 possesion receiver but nothing more, they guy is great for YAC yards but wont make any long catches for touchdowns in stride.

We NEED a #1 guy, someone who can torch a defense and take the attention away from our other receivers.

Defenses use single coverage on us all day and we still cant beat it in anyway. We need a true #1 who defenses pay more attention to and make a safety help over the top thus opening the field for our other receivers in Cotchery, Keller, Stuckey, Smith, Coles.

I dont know about receivers that are FA this season but i do know that the draft has the potential to have a few solid #1 guys

And he can hit, too. If you watched the play at the end of the 1st of half against Louisville on Thursday, best hit of the day.

All Pro
    Looks Great against College players but can he continue that against NFL Level competition??

No, i like little midgets with big mouths like Coles. Lets find another one just like him. He just wont shut his ****ing mouth. He cant get open and he's pissed off that he doesnt get 5 wr screens per game to pad his stats. STFU Coles, you suck.

Veteran
    Im just tired of seeing none of our receivers getting seperation down field.

Im hoping Kenny Britt is our 1st round pick, the kid is going to be special, i see him in the mold of Andre Johnson or Marques Colston.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    They are definitely going defense first round. CB or LB. Not a WR

Agree, it'll be a defensive player but I wouldn't rule out a DE either. I think it'll be a CB, ILB or DE.

Veteran
    I dont think Britt is a 1st rounder...but I get the idea with the size and speed combo..

All League
    Is trading for a guy like Chad Johnson out of the picture?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Crabtree will be gone before Mangini wakes up from his draft day nap.

Veteran
    what do you think of this Bryant kid from Oklahoma, always seems to be making plays. I've seen him play and he seems to have the best ability to get the ball at its highest point.

Veteran

So what QB is going to be throwing to this monster WR we draft? Kellen Clemens? Ratliff? If you think our offense is going to improve next year as we try to find a new QB (which the jets have had great luck with over the years) you're got bigger problems then a missing #1 WR.