Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New England will win the Division

Practice Squad

New England will win the Division

You just know this is going to happen. And here's how it'll play out.....

Pats, Jets, Dolphins all win next week (it's stretch for the Jets I know)

Pats, Dolphins win the following week, Jets lose to Seattle

Final Week: Jets need to beat Miami and HOPE for a Pats lose to Buffalo.

Now can't you see this happening?!?!? You're sitting there watching the Jets, while also rooting hard for Buffalo. Then somehow, someway the Jets come back in the fourth quarter to take the lead on Miami and look like they are going to win the game.........and then you look up at the scoreboard only to find the Pats just went up by two scores to put their game away....bye-bye playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL_22 View Post

Now can't you see this happening?!?!? You're sitting there watching the Jets, while also rooting hard for Buffalo. Then somehow, someway the Jets come back in the fourth quarter to take the lead on Miami and look like they are going to win the game.........and then you look up at the scoreboard only to find the Pats just went up by two scores to put their game away....bye-bye playoffs.
    it's possible, but in the event that NE wins out and we lose to Seattly, we'd still make the playoffs by beating Miami.

all we'd have to do is go up to Foxboro and beat the Pats* again in the WC game

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it's possible, but in the event that NE wins out and we lose to Seattly, we'd still make the playoffs by beating Miami.

Sorry....but I don't see the Jets making it in as a wild card. Not with Indy and Balt already ahead of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

It is VERY possible for the Jets to be 10-6 and miss the playoffs. The Jets need to WIN EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM HERE ON OUT.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    It is VERY possible for the Jets to be 10-6 and miss the playoffs. The Jets need to WIN EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM HERE ON OUT.
    i agree with you. i just think Baltimore has A LOT tougher schedule than the Jets. i have a hard time seeing the Ravens win 2 out of 3.

i personally think we'll win out, so i'm not worried

Practice Squad
    Jets need to beat Buffalo, worry about everything else after that

All League
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...51&17=10014400

play with the yahoo tool. you can test every possible scenario.
    if we finish at 10-6, we could be in or out depending on how NE/MIA/IND/BAL/PIT all finish.

This is too tight a race with 5 teams in the hunt. Jets can't afford a loss.

Banned
    No, but if the Jets are out before kickoff and a Miami win means the Patriots are eliminated, Mangini will lay down like a dog and give the division to Parcells and the Fins. All those Patriots fans, rooting for the Jets. Ha ha ha.

SAR I

Pats injuries are bound to catch up to them....Brady, Harrison, Marony, Warren, A Thomas...now Bruschi and maybe Wilfork. They have winnable games but half their team is injured.....AZ will put up 35+ on the Pats.

Banned
    I think the Jets will beat Miami.

I think Arizona will beat New England.

I think Buffalo will beat the Jets.

Still leaves us all tied up...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No, but if the Jets are out before kickoff and a Miami win means the Patriots are eliminated, Mangini will lay down like a dog and give the division to Parcells and the Fins. All those Patriots fans, rooting for the Jets. Ha ha ha.

SAR I
    I thought about this today.

Let Penny take the division?

Or the Patriots?

Letting Panny take it would make him look more stupid IMO. Penny winning the division would make him, you and Tex look like idiots.

All Pro

Lick em! oak will beat the pats this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    I thought about this today.

Let Penny take the division?

Or the Patriots?

Letting Panny take it would make him look more stupid IMO. Penny winning the division would make him, you and Tex look like idiots.
    I think Mangini was Chads biggest supporter to be honest. I think he hated the idea of blaming him last year for what happened and having to turn to Kellen Clemens. I think he would be glad if Chad made the playoffs provided the Jets had no chance. I wouldn't even be stunned if the Jets try to bring Pennington back if Favre retires and Miami lets him go.

Not that any of it matters. This Jets team is so soft if they were out of it they would all just pack up their bags and go home no matter what Mangini wanted. Miami would win in a rout.

All League
    Lets see right now we are in 1st , control our own destiny, and it feels like we are an awful team with no shot.... GET A GRIP! we have played an awful 2 games , ok I get it we got Bills coming into town with nothing to play for , a horrendous backup qb most likely to start and a Jet team hunger to win W. Seattle another dreaded west coast trip tough enviorment, if hasselback is out Seneca Wallace may of looked good against the pats horrid D but the Jets can step it up and take care of business. And as for Miami.... THANK GOD. they been beating up on the little teams all year and when it comes time for the big boys they have lost ( JETS , PATS, CARDS, RAVENS) , Chad in cold weather vs brett in cold weather..bring it .

Heres how it will finish it
    Jets win out( So what im saying it , I been a Jet fan my entire life seen the downs not this year not giving up) .
    Pats will lose at home to the cards, Kurt Warner will be licking his chops against the Pats Secondary and Junior Seau Running at him at 3 MPH
    Dolphisn are not a lock to even win the next 2 games. SF ? Team is playing great under singeltary and Shaun Hill has thrown over 1500 Yards in just coming in few weeks ago. Kansas City has been losing every game by a touch down or less and Thigpen is deveolping into a solid qb right now . The fact that the game is in KC wont make it much easier for Miami . Miami will lose to SF, Beat KC and the Noodle arm will lose to us.

Keep the faith jet fans even though almost everyone has jumped off a bridge by now looking at our first place team.

Rookie
    Sorry....but I don't see the Jets making it in as a wild card. Not with Indy and Balt already ahead of them.
    Baltimore still has to play in Pittsburgh and Indy can't be counted on to win out if they are not playing in domes for the rest of the season. Just saying it's not like if we don't win the division were out, even though we had control.

GOD DA**IT that hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity28 View Post

Of the three teams you could possibly pick to beat us, you throw out the team that hasn't even combined for a TD (and XP) in their last 2 games...

Talk about a rut, I'm glad we're not in that one...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity28 View Post

no way we drop 3 in a row. i believe we win out, but if we were to lose 1 game, it'll be in Seattle.

All League
    The facts are we barely won against a depleted New England team the last time we played them and we treated it like we won the Super Bowl. Aside from the final drive for a field goal, all indications pointed to us losing that game.

Denver and San Fran further exposed us as the team we are.

Tennessee? Fluke win. They can happen on any given Sunday.

Thankfully I got every ounce of enjoyment I could out of our brief rise to the top. Savored every moment of it.

But now it's time to crash back to reality. Same ole Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The facts are we barely won against a depleted New England team the last time we played them and we treated it like we won the Super Bowl. Aside from the final drive for a field goal, all indications pointed to us losing that game.

Denver and San Fran further exposed us as the team we are.

Tennessee? Fluke win. They can happen on any given Sunday.

Thankfully I got every ounce of enjoyment I could out of our brief rise to the top. Savored every moment of it.

But now it's time to crash back to reality. Same ole Jets.
    Now The 1 thing I believe the last Pats game & the Tenn. game shows along with the first Buff. game when they were still unbeaten is when this team gets focused and really concentrates on what they believe to be a serious challange ,they usually win ,what Den., Oak., & the 49`ers prove is when they take a no -big deal approach to a team it ends up becomeing a big deal and a loss ,right now I believe they are as focused as they can be from here out & will win from here out!

stating the obvious. it doesn't matter what the patsies do from here on out. they will probably win out and finish 11-5. it does matter what the jets do. they win out, they win the division. they lose one, they will probably miss the palyoffs. it's that simple. none of the remaining teams are gimmes. buffalo will play hard and seattle sjowed some fight against the patsies. i don't think the doltfins will win the final game unless the jets are totally out of it.