Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Hypothetical: Jets miss the playoffs and Favre wants to come back

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    914

    Hypothetical: Jets miss the playoffs and Favre wants to come back

    If the jets crash and burn with Favre playing mediocre to horrific again and miss the playoff do the Jets have to take him back? I would much rather have a QB competition between Kellen and Ratliff then watching another erratic season with a mediocre at best 40 year old QB who used to be good.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    i say yes - my reasoning is this.

    These QBs we have on the team would be learning for 2 years from Favre. Favre is not the main reason we where winning nor is he the main reason we are losing.

  3. #3
    If the Jets miss the playoffs, Favre will choose to not come back IMO. Bottomline.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,276
    Kellen and Ratliff can't hold 90 year old Favre's jock strap.

    All for Favre back.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL by way of Freehold, NJ
    Posts
    3,804
    Of course you take Favre back (and this is coming from someone who was skeptical of the trade to begin with).

    Banking on Clemens or Ratliff is a risky proposition. Clemens has looked bad, and no one knows how Ratliff will perform against 1st-stringers.

  6. #6
    whatever happens, happens. the thing is the same could be said of trent edwards, matt cassel, etc. it all comes down to the qb being able to make the right decisions and get the ball to the right guys. surely clemens and ratliff can't be that bad.


    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Of course you take Favre back (and this is coming from someone who was skeptical of the trade to begin with).

    Banking on Clemens or Ratliff is a risky proposition. Clemens has looked bad, and no one knows how Ratliff will perform against 1st-stringers.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Kellen and Ratliff can't hold 90 year old Favre's jock strap.

    All for Favre back.
    Oh have you watched this season? your basing your opinion on what Favre has done in his career not the 40 year old washed up QB we have seen this season. Pennington has had a better year then Favre with worse weapons that's all you need to know about how good Favre is now.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEED JET GREEN View Post
    If the Jets miss the playoffs, Favre will choose to not come back IMO. Bottomline.
    depends on who the new coach and OC are

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    i say yes - my reasoning is this.

    These QBs we have on the team would be learning for 2 years from Favre. Favre is not the main reason we where winning nor is he the main reason we are losing.
    +1

    I don't think any of our current QB's are ready to take the helm.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    i say yes - my reasoning is this.

    These QBs we have on the team would be learning for 2 years from Favre. Favre is not the main reason we where winning nor is he the main reason we are losing.
    I would rather they not learn from Favre. Not the way he has played this year. What you want them to learn how to throw into triple coverage just to show how far you can throw it? Or maybe you want them to learn how to get intercepted within your opponents 30 yard line like we all know is Favre's specialty.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Favre isnt playing as bad as many of you are making it out.

    And yes, you take the guy back. It buys you more time to find your future QB.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    414
    Clemens FTW

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Favre isnt playing as bad as many of you are making it out.

    And yes, you take the guy back. It buys you more time to find your future QB.
    Ill ask you this is he worth the 12 million and a high draft pick? Ill give you he isnt playing terrible but if you say he is playing great or even better then mediocre your deluding yourself. Playing Clemens or Ratliff will help them develop a million times more then watching Favre throw a million screen passes with the occasional bomb to either no one or a guy triple covered.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    As long as Fake-Genius is coach....it doesn't matter who is playing QB for the Jets. It's futile.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by avi31884 View Post
    Ill ask you this is he worth the 12 million and a high draft pick? Ill give you he isnt playing terrible but if you say he is playing great or even better then mediocre your deluding yourself. Playing Clemens or Ratliff will help them develop a million times more then watching Favre throw a million screen passes with the occasional bomb to either no one or a guy triple covered.
    Yeah. Well I personally think they both blow...so I guess I might be the wrong guy to ask.

    Me, I would rather see Favre in this offense for another season. Many seem to forget that this team has a lot of new faces and the fact that we are coming together and leading the AFCE in Dec, is impressive. Our last 2 games werent, but I didnt hear anyone complaining about Favre during our 5 game win streak and especially not after Buffalo, he was damn near perfect for that 3 game stretch.

    Its rare for an offense to be as high as we are in scoring with a Qb that only had a couple of weeks to get prepared for a new season with a new team and 2 new faces on the oline.

    Another year might be what he needs. And its not like Ratliff and Clemens are going anywhere.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    10000% you do.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Yeah. Well I personally think they both blow...so I guess I might be the wrong guy to ask.

    Me, I would rather see Favre in this offense for another season. Many seem to forget that this team has a lot of new faces and the fact that we are coming together and leading the AFCE in Dec, is impressive. Our last 2 games werent, but I didnt hear anyone complaining about Favre during our 5 game win streak and especially not after Buffalo, he was damn near perfect for that 3 game stretch.

    Its rare for an offense to be as high as we are in scoring with a Qb that only had a couple of weeks to get prepared for a new season with a new team and 2 new faces on the oline.

    Another year might be what he needs. And its not like Ratliff and Clemens are going anywhere.
    +100000000

    I have been saying this forever now.

    You give Favre and this offense a whole offseason + training camp together and I guarantee we are top 10, maybe top 5, offense next year. Of course this all depends on Favre coming back, a speedy deep threat WR, and a new offensive coordinator.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Yeah. Well I personally think they both blow...so I guess I might be the wrong guy to ask.

    Me, I would rather see Favre in this offense for another season. Many seem to forget that this team has a lot of new faces and the fact that we are coming together and leading the AFCE in Dec, is impressive. Our last 2 games werent, but I didnt hear anyone complaining about Favre during our 5 game win streak and especially not after Buffalo, he was damn near perfect for that 3 game stretch.

    Its rare for an offense to be as high as we are in scoring with a Qb that only had a couple of weeks to get prepared for a new season with a new team and 2 new faces on the oline.

    Another year might be what he needs. And its not like Ratliff and Clemens are going anywhere.
    Actually I believe next year is Clemens contract year. For the 5 game stretch people were complaining as they barely beat three bad teams until pats and titans. Id agree with you about Favre improving after another season if not for the fact that he is playing WORSE down the stretch and he will be a year older.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by avi31884 View Post
    Actually I believe next year is Clemens contract year. For the 5 game stretch people were complaining as they barely beat three bad teams until pats and titans. Id agree with you about Favre improving after another season if not for the fact that he is playing WORSE down the stretch and he will be a year older.
    Well he has 3 games to fix that. And Clemens is in a contract year...so what? Once again, I dont think teams are going to be throwing monster contracts at him. If we really wanted to keep him, I am sure we could sign him for short change.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    I'm not sure Favre has enough gas in the tank to even play at a competent level next year. He's been looking pretty horrid out there - can't complete anything over 15 yards. That said, I never want Kellen Clemens to see the field in a Jets uniform, and Ratliff is a longshot to become a franchise QB. Hopefully, we take a serious look at a QB in April's draft.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us