Thread: OT: Hoboken to Pru Center? Anyone been?

Banned

OT: Hoboken to Pru Center? Anyone been?

If so, what is the best way to go? The train system looks like you have to switch trains like 3-4 times and although I live in Hoboken, I am not familiar with the train schedules/train lines.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hall Of Fame
    Get on the PATH. Runs frequently, no schedules. Switch at Pavonia/Newport then switch again at Journal Square for the Newark train. It drops you off 2 blocks from Pru Center.

All Pro
    Really, it switches 3-4 times just to go from Hoboken to Newark? I've never taken the train out of Hoboken, but that doesn't sound right. I would think you could take NJ Transit from Hoboken to Secaucus, switch there and take that directly to Newark Penn Station which is only a couple blocks from the Prudential Center.

Hall Of Fame
    It is 2 switches or 1 switch. The NJTransit will take way longer and cost more, though.

Veteran
    Its easy...take the Journal Square line...get off at exchange place or journal square...and then take the newark train.

Banned
    i found here that nj transit runs two direct trains from hoboken to newark in the time frame i need to go...so thats the 513 and 546 trains on the NJCLL line...is it really that much more?
    and stupid question coming from somebody who lives in hoboken, but when i go to the path station, where are the nj transit trains located?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tavarua6285 View Post
    i found here that nj transit runs two direct trains from hoboken to newark in the time frame i need to go...so thats the 513 and 546 trains on the NJCLL line...is it really that much more?
    and stupid question coming from somebody who lives in hoboken, but when i go to the path station, where are the nj transit trains located?
    You can't miss them there are like 16 tracks of trains for NJ Transit Upstairs from the Path

All Pro
    Again I've never taken this route before, but I can't imagine a round trip ticket from Hoboken to Newark will be much more than 5 or 6 bucks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    You can't miss them there are like 16 tracks of trains for NJ Transit Upstairs from the Path
    yeah, i should be able to figure it out...how much cheaper is the path than nJ transit?

Veteran
    yeah, i should be able to figure it out...how much cheaper is the path than nJ transit?

I've never even thought to take the NJ Transit. I've gone to quite a few events at Pru and taking the path during rush hr is pretty quick too.

instead of going down the stairs for the path - walk across the parking lot where the busses are. walk in the building and that is where the NJ transit trains are. it is much faster than the path to newark - which blows

All League
    PATH would be my choice, real easy. When you get to Penn Station exit to the West side and walk to the arena a few blocks away. There will be 25 cops to point you in the right direction.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewdawg View Post
    PATH would be my choice, real easy. When you get to Penn Station exit to the West side and walk to the arena a few blocks away. There will be 25 cops to point you in the right direction.
    i gotta be honest with you...i took the path 2-3 times last year during rush hour for devils games and it was MISERABLE...probably the worst public transit experience of my life, madddddd people crammed in and you have to switch trains/tracks 1+ times...i aint good with mass transit, ill pay a few extra bucks and take nj transit for a direct route...its cheaper than driving, which is what i would do otherwise

Banned
    FOR THOSE INTERESTED:

During the week, there are 513 and 546 pm trains (Bay Head) which are direct routes from Hoboken to Newark Penn...a Child's ticket (yup im cheap and bought it from the machine) cost me 1 dollar!

So for all of you who were saying "you wouldnt consider taking nj transit" or the "path is the only way to go"...I suggest if you are going to a devils game or any other event, and you can locate one of these direct route trains, take the nj transit train, it was a breeze