Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Neil Young Tonight

Hall Of Fame

OT: Neil Young Tonight

Im seeing him in Worcester tonight. Any body seeing him at MSG in the next few days?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

will be there on monday.. between neil & wilco, should be a great show

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Im seeing him in Worcester tonight. Any body seeing him at MSG in the next few days?
    Smoked some good pot back in the day listening to the Harvest alumbe. Horse with no name..ect.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He has a new album? Harvest everyones this is nowhere tonights the night decade harvest moon live rust comes a time after the gold rush

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfrantik View Post
    Smoked some good pot back in the day listening to the Harvest alumbe. Horse with no name..ect.
    You must have smoked a lot!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetfrantik View Post
    must have been wacky weed, that song was by America...

Hall Of Fame
    I've got two extra tickets for Monday if anyone is interested. PM me.

Hall Of Fame
    I'll be there Monday. Can't wait!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    must have been wacky weed, that song was by America...

O.K your right. I don't remember so good, anyway yea.

Hall Of Fame
    Guido, you goin?

Hall Of Fame
    Great show. A bit too much new stuff and not enough acoustic, but solid nontheless.

P.S. I dont get Wilco

Hall Of Fame
    I saw him in Worcester too. I thought Neil absolutely killed. If you thought he played too much new stuff, you must not have seen too many of his tours. That was pretty much a greatest hits show for him. I thought the new stuff was outstanding. There was only one song in the entire show that I didn't think was great

I enjoyed Wilco because I got familiar with the songs they were gonna play. They good have used more volume, but the songs were clear.

I was on the floor and the acoustics were excellent for an arena.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    I saw him in Worcester too. I thought Neil absolutely killed. If you thought he played too much new stuff, you must not have seen too many of his tours. That was pretty much a greatest hits show for him. I thought the new stuff was outstanding. There was only one song in the entire show that I didn't think was great

I enjoyed Wilco because I got familiar with the songs they were gonna play. They good have used more volume, but the songs were clear.

I was on the floor and the acoustics were excellent for an arena.
    I admit this was my first show. The new songs were good, but Im sorry, I am a sucker for the classics.

My room mate got us free tickets in the 2nd row on the side of the stage. It was beyond awesome.

Which song didnt you like timmmmy?

Hall Of Fame
    F*cking Neil!

Hall Of Fame
    Neil killed. Mostly. Hard to believe a 63 year old can still rock that hard. But I'll say it. Wilco was better.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Neil killed. Mostly. Hard to believe a 63 year old can still rock that hard. But I'll say it. Wilco was better.
    I just don't see that. Wilco was very good, but Neil is legenday and probably a top 5 live performer.

Wilco definitely got the warm up treatment-low volume and no video screen.
    The sound was crystal clear though.

But Wilco over Neil Young-I just can't see it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I just don't see that. Wilco was very good, but Neil is legenday and probably a top 5 live performer.

Wilco definitely got the warm up treatment-low volume and no video screen.
    The sound was crystal clear though.

But Wilco over Neil Young-I just can't see it.
    Neil tore the Garden up. Encore - A Day In The Life. One of the best live songs I have ever heard.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hey I didnt know you guys were going, we could have all met up!!! (shoot me now please)

Here's a review. As far as Wilco, seems to be a love/hate deal with them.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/artic...eps_on_rockin/

Neil Young keeps on rockin'
    By James Reed
    Globe Staff / December 16, 2008

WORCESTER - You think you know Neil Young by now, and then he plays a show that leaves you slack-jawed by his conviction to shake things up. Young has released several live recordings over the years, but none of them could have foretold the onslaught of raw energy and guitar heroics he unleashed at the DCU Center Saturday night.

NEIL YOUNG
    With Wilco and Everest
    At: DCU Center, Saturday

When Young performed a three-night stand at the Orpheum Theatre last year, the idea was that you sat and listened to him as he pulled acoustic guitars from a stand right beside him. At the DCU Center, Young was clearly there to rock out, thrashing through a two-hour-plus set that struck a good balance between the classics ("Old Man," "Heart of Gold," "The Needle and the Damage Done") and newer material ("Spirit Road," the unreleased "Just Singing a Song Won't Change the World").

Young, 63, was relentless in the heavy distortion and feedback he coaxed from his battered guitars as he dived headlong into the opening "Love and Only Love," which led to "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)" and "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere."

Giant video screens occasionally zoomed in on Young's face scrunched into a scowl as he worked out expansive, and rather experimental, guitar solos. In jeans and a paint-splattered blazer, featuring a "Hippies for Obama" button, he looked self-possessed, playing with the zeal of an 18-year-old who just rediscovered his electric guitar in the closet.

He let up just a bit with the sublime "Oh, Lonesome Me," sliding on an acoustic guitar and harmonica. A brooding, 13-minute take on "Cortez the Killer" morphed into various shades of melodic noise, the perfect set-up for "Cinnamon Girl."

Young got behind a massive organ for a poignant rendition of "Mother Earth (Natural Anthem)," an eco-friendly hymn that seems even more relevant today than when it appeared on 1990's "Ragged Glory": "Respect Mother Earth/ And her healing ways/ Or trade away/ Our children's days."

Perhaps to prove his point, Young kept resuscitating the ending of "Rockin' in the Free World," starting up the chorus again and again to comic effect. In a truly surreal encore, Young and his tight band returned to play the Beatles' "A Day in the Life," which was nearly unrecognizable as they worked themselves into a psychedelic fever pitch. Deep into a punishing solo, Young finally reduced his electric guitar to a pile of broken guitar strings and looked pleased by what he had done.

Young was so vital, so intense, that he completely eclipsed his opening acts. On paper, Wilco seemed like the perfect band to get the night rolling, but the country-rockers tended to play it a little safe on fan favorites "Forget the Flowers" and "I'm the Man Who Loves You." And Everest, as promising as it was, seemed swallowed whole by the arena setting that Young would later galvanize.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Hey I didnt know you guys were going, we could have all met up!!! (shoot me now please)
    You were at the Worcester show? Where were you? I was literally the guy furthest to the back of GA floor. I used to try and get up front back in the day, but now I watch on video screens and do my Napoleon Dynamite dancing with plenty of space around me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You were at the Worcester show? Where were you? I was literally the guy furthest to the back of GA floor. I used to try and get up front back in the day, but now I watch on video screens and do my Napoleon Dynamite dancing with plenty of space around me.
    THATS WAS YOU?????

I was on side 2/3 way up about halfway back. I like that place for concerts.