Thread: Did anyone catch Rachel Nichols on ESPN re: Jets D dinner and airing of grievances?

All Pro

Exclamation Did anyone catch Rachel Nichols on ESPN re: Jets D dinner and airing of grievances?

WTF?!? This article is crap and super vague... anyone have more info on this Thursday night Jets Defense steak dinner and the "airing of grievances"?!?

If anyone caught her report please fill us in!

A FESTIVUS MIRACLE IN NEW YORK?
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2008, 12:08 p.m.

A man in Washington wants to plant a Festivus pole at the state capitol. Jets owner Woody Johnson should consider getting his own tinsel-free holiday prop out of the crawl space, given that members of the team’s defense gathered on Thursday night for a steak dinner that included, per ESPN’s Rachel Nichols, an “airing of grievances.”

There’s no word on whether and to what extent the players engaged in feats of strength.

The irony here, of course, is that the man after whom the son of the Festivus founder was modeled, Larry David, is a huge Jets fan. In fact, David (whose cameos on Seinfeld included a stint as Frank Costanza’s lawyer) reportedly has given free advice and counsel to coach Eric Mangini and G.M. Mike Tannebaum.

Hopefully, David wasn’t wearing a cape while doing so.

(Thanks to our pal and fellow Seinfeld aficionado Todd Wright of Sporting News Radio for pointing out the ESPN report.)

ProFootballTalk.com

All Pro
    Lol, wtf? I wonder who tussled for the feats of strength.

All Pro
    Is this to oust Sutton?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Lol, wtf? I wonder who tussled for the feats of strength.
    ignore all the usual BS in PFT's 'reporting'... I want to know more about the airing of grievances, who were they airing them to, what was the end result, etc

You, Mangini my son tells me your defense stinks!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    ignore all the usual BS in PFT's 'reporting'... I want to know more about the airing of grievances, who were they airing them to, what was the end result, etc
    Probably the pass defense, lack of pass rush, etc.

Hopefully they come out fired up and aggressive.

All Pro
    Festivus is your heritage, George.

That's why I hate it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    WTF?!? This article is crap and super vague... anyone have more info on this Thursday night Jets Defense steak dinner and the "airing of grievances"?!?

If anyone caught her report please fill us in!

A FESTIVUS MIRACLE IN NEW YORK?
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2008, 12:08 p.m.

A man in Washington wants to plant a Festivus pole at the state capitol. Jets owner Woody Johnson should consider getting his own tinsel-free holiday prop out of the crawl space, given that members of the team’s defense gathered on Thursday night for a steak dinner that included, per ESPN’s Rachel Nichols, an “airing of grievances.”

There’s no word on whether and to what extent the players engaged in feats of strength.

The irony here, of course, is that the man after whom the son of the Festivus founder was modeled, Larry David, is a huge Jets fan. In fact, David (whose cameos on Seinfeld included a stint as Frank Costanza’s lawyer) reportedly has given free advice and counsel to coach Eric Mangini and G.M. Mike Tannebaum.

Hopefully, David wasn’t wearing a cape while doing so.

(Thanks to our pal and fellow Seinfeld aficionado Todd Wright of Sporting News Radio for pointing out the ESPN report.)

ProFootballTalk.com
    This might be the worst "article" I've ever seen. This had more Seinfeld (which I love) reference than football reference.

What a terrible piece of writing.

All Pro
    There is no doubt that Larry David would do a better job coaching this defense then Coach Suckon.