Thread: Why the Jets suddenly cant stop the run

Banned

Why the Jets suddenly cant stop the run

At the post game press conference a reporter asked Mangini what happened to the run defense and he said something like we have been working on stopping the pass so ..... I dont remember exactly what he said but it was definitely in the vain that to stop the pass they have changed whatever they were doing before that was so successful against the run.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by avi31884 View Post
    At the post game press conference a reporter asked Mangini what happened to the run defense and he said something like we have been working on stopping the pass so ..... I dont remember exactly what he said but it was definitely in the vain that to stop the pass they have changed whatever they were doing before that was so successful against the run.
    yeah sure, we diverted our resources to the pass. okey-dokey.

they forgot how to tackle is what happened.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    yeah sure, we diverted our resources to the pass. okey-dokey.

they forgot how to tackle is what happened.
    The tackling has been hideous and Jenkins obviously isn't 100%. He is so vital to our defense. We better not make scrub Julius Jones look like Jim Brown next week.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    The tackling has been hideous and Jenkins obviously isn't 100%. He is so vital to our defense. We better not make scrub Julius Jones look like Jim Brown next week.
    Don't worry, it'll happen. We made Shaun King into Joe Montana, I wouldn't expect anything less out of our "illustrious" coach.

Veteran
    The reason is Jenkins. He was a monster for the first 2/3 of the season. But he is a big guy who has worn down. he is not blowing up the run and killing the center and guard anymore. So your LB's cant get there any more.

Since the jets do not have a bye week coming up, I don't see this changing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    The reason is Jenkins. He was a monster for the first 2/3 of the season. But he is a big guy who has worn down. he is not blowing up the run and killing the center and guard anymore. So your LB's cant get there any more.

Since the jets do not have a bye week coming up, I don't see this changing.
    I disagree. When Jenkins is in there...he is doing his job. We just dont have anyone behind him making plays. Our tackling is pathetic.

Mangini kills me...we are focused on stopping the pass...so its acceptable to let teams run all over us while we have changed our focus. Especially considering the job we are doing focusing on stoping the pass.

Mangini is a boob.

Veteran

Jenkins definitely wearing down

I saw him get pushed way out of the way a few times yesterday. He's not playing the same way he was earlier in the season.