Thread: While we're parceling out 'luck'...

All Pro

While we're parceling out 'luck'...

Let's not forget Lindell's FG that banked in off the right upright. That thing started out heading for the right sideline and must have caught a downdraft from a Newark takeoff, made a sharp left and glanced in on a prayer.

Take those 3 points off the board and the game might have been tied on that second-to-last possession by BUF.

It's all moot now, but I'm just saying, both teams got breaks. The 'W' is all that matters. In this season, of all seasons, just being in the playoffs means everything. There's no such thing as a sure thing this year. I'm choosing to be excited about next week rather than overly dissect the past 3 weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Let's not forget Lindell's FG that banked in off the right upright. That thing started out heading for the right sideline and must have caught a downdraft from a Newark takeoff, made a sharp left and glanced in on a prayer.
    That was unreal the way it just hooked back in.

All Pro
    If you talking about luck, you got to mention the first Bills INT. I mean, what are the odds the ball bounces off of someones shoe.

It's not even like the Bills made a play, the ball just him in the chest, off of a defender's shoe, after it hit Coles in the hand. At least the Jets defensive TD was a great play by the defense.
    The play-call was terrible, the decision making by Losman was atrocious, but the Jets defense forced that play.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    If you talking about luck, you got to mention the first Bills INT. I mean, what are the odds the ball bounces off of someones shoe.

It's not even like the Bills made a play, the ball just him in the chest, off of a defender's shoe, after it hit Coles in the hand. At least the Jets defensive TD was a great play by the defense.
    The play-call was terrible, the decision making by Losman was atrocious, but the Jets defense forced that play.
    If the QB was at all competent, I don't mind the play call. It was going down to the 2 minute warning so it wasn't a stoppage of the clock issue. They rolled him out to give him more time - he HAS to be able to get rid of the ball before before the backside pressure got to him. HAS to. I'm usually a fan of being conservative in times like that for this precise reason, but I can't kill Jauron for the call, except maybe for the fact that he should know what he has in Losman, and that is....Not much

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The odds are zero if the receiver catches the ball instead of letting it go rright through.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If the QB was at all competent, I don't mind the play call. It was going down to the 2 minute warning so it wasn't a stoppage of the clock issue. They rolled him out to give him more time - he HAS to be able to get rid of the ball before before the backside pressure got to him. HAS to. I'm usually a fan of being conservative in times like that for this precise reason, but I can't kill Jauron for the call, except maybe for the fact that he should know what he has in Losman, and that is....Not much
    I agree. A normal NFL team can't be afraid to throw a pass. Losman was supposed to get rid of it when the FB wasn't open but he choked. I have a hard time killing the coach when the QB screwed up so badly.

All Pro

Take those 3 points off the board and the game might have been tied on that second-to-last possession by BUF.

It's all moot now, but I'm just saying, both teams got breaks. The 'W' is all that matters. In this season, of all seasons, just being in the playoffs means everything. There's no such thing as a sure thing this year. I'm choosing to be excited about next week rather than overly dissect the past 3 weeks.
    Ya and how about that Bills TD that was called back. That was luck

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    Well it was a blatant facemask on the defender closest to making a block near the 30...

Veteran
    Same way ours was last week.

All Pro
    I actually stormed away after that play for a few minutes and it took me a few minutes after I got back to figure out why the Bills still had the ball. I was thinking the Jets muffed the following KO until I noticed the score - so I missed the replay and can't comment.

In general, though, I think I'm going to avoid any discussion about questionable officiating for the rest of this season (unless it goes against the Jets of course!). It's just beyond comprehension how awful it has been this year all around.

All League

I said this in the gameday thread: The only thing lucky about that FG was the bounce....Lindell played the Meadowlands wind and knew he had to start the kick wide right for it to have a chance.