Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Parcells or Belichek were coach .....

Undrafted Free Agent

If Parcells or Belichek were coach .....

With all the talent that the front office got the Jets this past off season I really think a coach like BB or BP would have a better record then Mangini's current Jets. I mean as much as I hate the Pats - look at what BB has done with Matt Cassell after the reigning MVP went down.

He has them at 9-5. I feel really disappointed that we have a first ballet HOF at the helm and yet we have the same record as the Pats ???

I really believe with a coach like BB or BP we would never of lost the games in Oakland or San Fran.

Discuss ....

thanks!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pscoln1 View Post
    With all the talent that the front office got the Jets this past off season I really think a coach like BB or BP would have a better record then Mangini's current Jets. I mean as much as I hate the Pats - look at what BB has done with Matt Cassell after the reigning MVP went down.

He has them at 9-5. I feel really disappointed that we have a first ballet HOF at the helm and yet we have the same record as the Pats ???

I really believe with a coach like BB or BP we would never of lost the games in Oakland or San Fran.

Discuss ....

thanks!

Agreed, point is a BETTER coach would have a better record. Is mangini even in the top 1/2 of coach's????

All League
    Impossible to know and has been talked to DEATH.

Undrafted Free Agent
    well if a guy like Bill Cower became available I would not be against the THOUGHT of bringing him in ...

Moderator VIP Visionary
    So, you're saying that Miami will definitely beat us in two weeks?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Impossible to know and has been talked to DEATH.
    your def 110% correct its impossible to know BUT look at what Parcells did in Miami and look at what BB did after all the injuries the Patriots had to deal with ... they have the SAME RECORD AS US .... and just knowing that is pathetic! I really am disappointed with the losses in Oakland and San Fran

Since san fran and Bills games both in the past 2 weeks and fresh in my mind ... I am pissed off at Mangini for not calling a more aggressive defense against Hill and this past week against the Bills Losman.

All I can say is I am not confident against playing teams like the Ravens or Steelers .... they are gonna destroy us if Mangini does not call for more aggressive game plan.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    So, you're saying that Miami will definitely beat us in two weeks?
    I can tell you this ... I am def not confident about beating the Dolphins!

Its really up to our coaching staff and our players executing the plays called.

If Mangini lets Pennington sit pretty in the pocket (just like Hill of san fran) then yes the Dolphins will 110% beat us in our building!!

If we come out and pressure Pennington with either a 4 man rush and a couple different blitz packages and make him pass the ball as quickly as possible then I think the Jets have a fighting chance at beating the Dolphins. But if Mangini sits on his philosophy of just rushing 4 the entire game ... Dolphins recievers will get open and pennington will find them ... we lose!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if Parcells or Bellichek were the coach they wouldn't be considered LUCKY for winning last week. They'd be considered defensive geniuses getting what's coming to them.

in fact if Parcells or Bellichek were the coach all the dum-dums wouldn't be here asking for a coaching change at 9-5.

but Mangini wins last week and he's lucky and should be fired.

by the way Mangini beat both Bellichek's and Parcells' teams this year. just sayin...

All Pro
    yes continue to post nonsense..i love it...the 98 jets..that team had incredible talent and an insane coaching staff and we STILL did not win a title...the jets went 12-4 and to the AFC championship...very successful but if we do the same this year the jets are bums..nice...jets are 9-5..and tied for the division lead...it's never gonna be easy as a jet fan..go cry somewhere else.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if Parcells or Bellichek were the coach they wouldn't be considered LUCKY for winning last week. They'd be considered defensive geniuses getting what's coming to them.

in fact if Parcells or Bellichek were the coach all the dum-dums wouldn't be here asking for a coaching change at 9-5.

but Mangini wins last week and he's lucky and should be fired.

by the way Mangini beat both Bellichek's and Parcells' teams this year. just sayin...
    thank you sir...it seems like if one of the birdies chirp the sheep follow..it's hillarious

Undrafted Free Agent
    let me get back to my point ... IF BB OR BP were the coach this year with this roster, in my humble opinion we'd 110% be better then 9-5!!

now you can agree/disagree

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Maybe. But those are two Hall Of Fame coaches, so if your point is that Mangini isn't as good as them, at age 37 (?), well no sh**. No other coach in the NFL compares against them

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    yes continue to post nonsense..i love it...the 98 jets..that team had incredible talent and an insane coaching staff and we STILL did not win a title...the jets went 12-4 and to the AFC championship...very successful but if we do the same this year the jets are bums..nice...jets are 9-5..and tied for the division lead...it's never gonna be easy as a jet fan..go cry somewhere else.
    funny you mention i actually feel that the roster we have this year is better then the '98 team!

and yea it proves my point that BP is a much better coach then Mangini.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

and yea it proves my point that BP is a much better coach then Mangini.
    Belichick is best coach in the league, you're not making any point here to anyone who watches football.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Maybe. But those are two Hall Of Fame coaches, so if your point is that Mangini isn't as good as them, at age 37 (?), well no sh**. No other coach in the NFL compares against them
    yea your right ... Mangini is still young. At the same time he was in both of their systems and had the time to learn from 2 of the best! Then he came to the Jets and now has a couple years experience. Its about time he got his **** together and came out with a more aggressive attack.

The Jets should beat the seahawks so bad this weekend that Favre should be resting on the bench for the entire 4th quarter ... this game should not even be close!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Belichick is best coach in the league, you're not making any point here to anyone who watches football.
    i just do not understand Mangini who was taught under BB & BP and why he is struggling when BP and BB would have better records then 9-5 with this roster

Moderator VIP Visionary
    yea your right ... Mangini is still young. At the same time he was in both of their systems and had the time to learn from 2 of the best! Then he came to the Jets and now has a couple years experience. Its about time he got his **** together and came out with a more aggressive attack.

The Jets should beat the seahawks so bad this weekend that Favre should be resting on the bench for the entire 4th quarter ... this game should not even be close!
    Hey, get your heads out of the clouds the Jets play a team, not a "record"... the Seahawks players have been listening to their Wives, neighbors, radio stations, gas station attendents *****ing them out, calling them losers. They are going to be mad and mean. Another tough game that the Jets can put away early (if they focus).

Undrafted Free Agent
    and by saying all this if we end up not making the playoffs after an 8-3 start ... i can not see how Mangini gets to keep this job!

Cower and Holmgren or someone else should be considered

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Hey, get your heads out of the clouds the Jets play a team, not a "record"... the Seahawks players have been listening to their Wives, neighbors, radio stations, gas station attendents *****ing them out, calling them losers. They are going to be mad and mean. Another tough game that the Jets can put away early (if they focus).
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    i just do not understand Mangini who was taught under BB & BP and why he is struggling when BP and BB would have better records then 9-5 with this roster
    Because Mangini is not an "exact clone" of either BB nor BP.

Let me give you an obvious example. BB has always used the "bend, but don't break" defensive philosophy. However, BB has used that defense aggresively, and not conservatively.

Many times BB would take a few risks (ie. CB blitz's, switching from a 3-4 look to a 4-3 look, etc) in the hopes of a big defensive play to create a turnover. He even did that late in close games.

On the other hand, Mangini elects to go with the most conservative, "bend, but don't break defense". No defensive stunts, blitzes, but just sitting back in order to not give up the big play. This is so obvious when the Jets are sitting on a lead late in the game.