Thread: London Fletcher is Susan Lucci?

JetsInsider.com Legend

London Fletcher is Susan Lucci?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3776324

Fletcher: 'I'm the Susan Lucci of the NFL'

Associated Press

Indignant over another Pro Bowl snub,Washington Redskins middle linebacker London Fletcher stepped out of character and vented his frustration, calling himself "the Susan Lucci of the NFL" and deeming his career "Hall of Fame worthy."

I understand they can take only two middle linebackers, but to have it happen year after year after year after year after year. I'm an eight-time alternate. I'm the Susan Lucci of the NFL.

--London Fletcher
    "I don't know if it was because I wasn't a first-round draft pick, I don't do some kind of dance when I make a 10-yard tackle, I don't go out and get arrested," Fletcher said. "I believe in playing the game the way it's supposed to be played. You line up each and every week, each and every play, and you go out and get the job done.

"You look at my body of work and I've done that for 11 years, but because I'm not going out causing a lot of controversy, holding a private meeting with the coordinator saying this, this and this, causing a lot of strife on my team, I don't garner a lot of attention."

Fletcher is the leading tackler in the NFL this decade and has never missed a game in his 11-year career, even persevering through a severely sprained foot earlier this season. He is widely considered the MVP of the Redskins, the anchor to a defense ranked fourth in the league.

But it is rare to hear him brag about himself or stray from the politically correct party line when addressing reporters.

"My career has been Hall of Fame worthy," Fletcher said. "But some coaches and some players get caught up in the hype reading the newspapers or listening to some national TV game as opposed to watching the game with no sound. ... I put myself up against anybody playing the position, anybody."

Cincinnati Bengals Washington Redskins

NFL.com Video

Watch highlights from the Cincinnati Bengals' 20-13 win over the Washington Redskins.

Though solid throughout his career, Fletcher has never been able to place himself among his position's elite. San Francisco's Patrick Willis and Carolina's Jon Beason were the NFC selections for inside linebacker this year in voting among fans, coaches and players, and it would be hard to argue with either choice.

"I understand they can take only two middle linebackers, but to have it happen year after year after year after year after year. I'm an eight-time alternate. I'm the Susan Lucci of the NFL," said Fletcher, referring to the soap opera star who was nominated for an Emmy 18 times before finally winning.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont care if they kidnap me, dress me up in a shoulder length wig, slap on some eye-liner, throw on a really cute skirt with a colorful top and to-die-for matching pumps, as an NFL'er there is no way I'm comparing myself to some chick from a soap opera!
    Last edited by 32green; 12-18-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Some people will say anything.

All Pro
    Thread is useless without pitchers.

All Pro
    She gets a few cougar points from me. Must have been a major hottie 30 years ago. Wait...is this a football board?

Hall Of Fame
    She's still very do-able.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusher View Post
    Thread is useless without pitchers.

Lol, well done.

I just pitchered the whole locker-room going silent when he made the Lucci comparison.

All Pro

Maybe London is a friend of kelly?~~

JetsInsider.com Legend

Maybe London is a friend of kelly?~~
    You are on to something...

Here is SUsan and London at a movie premier, prolly "Beaches."

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You are on to something...

Here is SUsan and London at a movie premier, prolly "Beaches."

I bet he's planning to wax dat azz.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I bet he's planning to wax dat azz.
    Lol..."Hey Susan...this dolls azz feels real!"
    "Um, thats me, champ...."

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Fletcher: 'I'm the Susan Lucci of the NFL'

this may be the gheyest thing ever said out loud by a pro football player.

Why is this midget always complaining about not making the Pro Bowl? He did the same **** in Buffalo a couple years back. He was holding up signs telling people to vote him to Hawaii and all this crap. Dude is like 35 years old and he's as immature as DeAngelo Hall.

Veteran
    Sure the comment is slightly ridiculous but he has a point. He has played at a consistently Pro-bowl level for the last 5-6 years at least.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Why is this midget always complaining about not making the Pro Bowl? He did the same **** in Buffalo a couple years back. He was holding up signs telling people to vote him to Hawaii and all this crap. Dude is like 35 years old and he's as immature as DeAngelo Hall.

DaBallhawk is the Mohammed Ali of player profiles.