Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: After 35 years... another soul has fallen.

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,579

    After 35 years... another soul has fallen.

    The quick and easy way has finally engulfed me... my youthful optimism and faith in the team had been sapped dry. Today I have fallen to the dark side of the Jets. I can no longer look at this organization with eternal enthusiasm, hope is no longer my ally. I've been betrayed for the last time. On this day a new Jet fan is born... the cynic, the same old Jet fan waiting for the other shoe to drop has claimed another victim. I'll no longer defend our players, coaches and managers (even if it's deserved) I'll no longer wear my fandom on my sleeve... it hurt's too damn much. The dark side has claimed me and from now on I'll expect them to lose, hate on every coach we have and second guess every decision. The dark side offers protection against days like yesterday, days that occur far too often. Sometimes I think it better if we were fans of the Lions because at least they just suck.... only the Jets can take you to such heights within a season, they take you there so the fall is that much further. The Dark side anticipates this and provides the cushion for the fall, it does not allow you to get ahead of yourself and it does not allow you to become seduced by the new kid on the block.

    Arise DarthFoley1028 and greet your new Master.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Foley1028 View Post
    The quick and easy way has finally engulfed me... my youthful optimism and faith in the team had been sapped dry. Today I have fallen to the dark side of the Jets. I can no longer look at this organization with eternal enthusiasm, hope is no longer my ally. I've been betrayed for the last time. On this day a new Jet fan is born... the cynic, the same old Jet fan waiting for the other shoe to drop has claimed another victim. I'll no longer defend our players, coaches and managers (even if it's deserved) I'll no longer wear my fandom on my sleeve... it hurt's too damn much. The dark side has claimed me and from now on I'll except them to lose, hate on every coach we have and second guess every decision. The dark side offers protection against days like yesterday, days that occur far too often. Sometimes I think it better if we were fans of the Lions because at least they just suck.... only the Jets can take you to such heights within a season, they take you there so the fall is that much further. The Dark side anticipates this and provides the cushion for the fall, it does not allow you to get ahead of yourself and it does not allow you to become seduced by the new kid on the block.

    Arise DarthFoley1028 and greet your new Master.
    Not me I'll still wait till they get it right..And I've been a Fan since 1960 when Slinging Sammy Baugh(RIP) was the HC and we went 7-7 in the first 2 years..After he left Bulldog Turner came in and we sank to 5-9..Enter Weeb Ewbank who had 3 straight losing seasons till Namath started to throw to his W/R's more then the other Team and the rest is History..

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Dont give up hope, we can still get into the playoffs but I ahve ZERO faith in this coaching staff. Im only 28, but I still have faith they will get it together in this milenium

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Not me I'll still wait till they get it right..And I've been a Fan since 1960 when Slinging Sammy Baugh(RIP) was the HC and we went 7-7 in the first 2 years..After he left Bulldog Turner came in and we sank to 5-9..Enter Weeb Ewbank who had 3 straight losing seasons till Namath started to throw to his W/R's more then the other Team and the rest is History..
    Don't get me wrong... I'm still a fan and always will be and I'll be pulling for a win on Sunday. What I was saying is that it's just easier being a pessimist and expecting failure than constantly jumping like a cat at a string that's yanked away at the last second.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    East Windsor NJ, Brooklyn born & raised
    Posts
    4,981
    how quick things change in this league called the NFL....

    In Mangini's first year.....the 'going for it on 4th down' (results not important), the surprise onside kicks (results not important), and a handful of other 'youthful aggressiveness' flashes from our coaching staff........

    We finish 10-6 and make the playoffs after a dismal 2005 season under Herm.

    We saw SO MANY posts like
    "Thank You Tannenbaum"
    "We're finally headed in the RIGHT direction"
    "Good things will be soon upon us"
    "Mangenius"

    And now look. If those guys were walking down the street they would need body guards..

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    how quick things change in this league called the NFL....

    In Mangini's first year.....the 'going for it on 4th down' (results not important), the surprise onside kicks (results not important), and a handful of other 'youthful aggressiveness' flashes from our coaching staff........

    We finish 10-6 and make the playoffs after a dismal 2005 season under Herm.

    We saw SO MANY posts like
    "Thank You Tannenbaum"
    "We're finally headed in the RIGHT direction"
    "Good things will be soon upon us"
    "Mangenius"

    And now look. If those guys were walking down the street they would need body guards..

    I said that yesterday in the gameday thread. The 2006 Mangini would have went for the TD instead of the FG on the opening drive. He has turned into a puss and I am praying that it will cost him his job even though I know he will be back.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    I said that yesterday in the gameday thread. The 2006 Mangini would have went for the TD instead of the FG on the opening drive. He has turned into a puss and I am praying that it will cost him his job even though I know he will be back.

    Not only that but the offensive gameplan in general was an atrocity... Seattle has the worst Def. in the league and we consistently put ourselves in 3 and 7 situations. Favre was terrible and we had no business throwing the ball twice as much as the run and once again Washington (our only gamebreaker) barely touched the ball. No excuse Shotty has to go... Coles has to go... Favre has to go... If I never see those guys again it'll be too soon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us